Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? (29693 Views)

Ishilove's Evergreen Playlist / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / List Of Evergreen R&B Songs From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Mekanus(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2016
Op you're right, many Igbo youths prefer to play the noise called music that comes from the so called hip hop musicians. Am a die hard fan of Osadebe. The man really did a great work on earth that I always feel like shading tears when I remember that he is no more. Many of my friends call me ancient man just because I don't joke with these Igbo songs. But what they don't know is the magnitude of inspiration and joy I derive from these music. Currently, I have over 100 tracks of osadebe music alone plus those of Oliver, morroco, Goddy Ezike, Mike ejeagha, Ozoemena nsugbe to mention a few. Our youths think that playing hip hop music makes them civilized, no far from it. Proudly Ebonyian, Proudly Igbo. *playing my osadebe peoples club odogwu One of my favourite from the legend

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by mallorca(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Oliver de Coque was a good guitarist. He was far better than Ralph Amarabem.
Good music was born in the 60s......
Good music grew in the 70s.....
Good Music matured in the 80s....
Good music dominated the 90s....
Good music died and was buried in the 2000s.....
Today's music is 70% noise and 25% Nonsense..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Chukazu: 12:19pm On May 21, 2016
crazymod:

Rex Lawson is the best of all time.................. Flavor made fortune out of Rex Lawson Ashawo song, yet he never acknowledge him or paid any tribute to the legend.
No copy right law in Nigeria.

what we have these days are criminally minded artists, that would do anything to steal original ideas with no single acknowledgement to the owner.

Omowumi copied" bottom belle " song and never gave credit to the original cover and someone would come online and sing how good an art she is

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by crazymod: 12:26pm On May 21, 2016
Chukazu:

what we have these days are criminally minded artists, that would do anything to steal original ideas with no single acknowledgement to the owner.

Omowumi copied" bottom belle " song and never gave credit to the original cover and someone would come online and sing how good an art she is

Broda seriously, If somebody want to make it in Music, just go and copy all old school music and reproduce it.

I was shocked when i heard "Zebrudaya" sound track as music someone copied.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by cupidhero(m): 12:27pm On May 21, 2016
Chief Osita Osadebe-Ebezina

I can play this song a million times and still won't get tired of it. The arrangement and instrumental is heaven. Most music lovers i know appreciate all this legends you mentioned. I know a highly educated Yoruba dude who appreciates Chief Osita Osadebe's works and also a huge fan of Rex Jim Lawson. Cos people around you don't appreciate these legends doesn't mean everyone else does the same. I still recall seeing King Sunny Ade's two vinyl albums on my dad's music collection even though the OG no dey hear Yoruba and he had all Chief Osita Osadebe's works too.

A huge percentage of our magazines and Newspapers are run and filled with contents by descendants of Oduduwa and you don't expect them to start writing a brilliant article about Osadebe when Pasuma and Sunny Ade are there to write about. Only a few of these newspapers actually carry stories about the life and works of these Igbo legends.

Compton might not even make it to the top 10 most dangerous cities in America but voices like NWA,Ice cube,The Game,Kdot and others have actually made some peeps to actually see Compton as a dangerous place to live. Is all about having a voice with a wider range of listeners.

Chief Osita Osadebe was a genius.....Even Sir John Lenon would have been a fan. Any Jazz lover who have never listened to Ebezina by Chief Osita Osadebe dey miss alot.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 21, 2016
razortruth:
You forgot to mention the best of all evergreen musicians. Ever heard of Celestine Ukwu?
Nwanne, take two bottles for my head. Celestine Ukwu songs were the defination of evergreen. Give me the following songs anyday and we'll would be best friends for life.
1) Celestine Ukwu : Le le
2) Dan Orji : Elikwa nza
3) Osadebe: Kanyi jikota onwe anyi
4) Cardinal Rex Lawson: Adaure Owerri
5) Oliver d Coque: People's club
6) Bright Chimezie: Onye nkuzi
7) Oriental Brothers: E ma onye bu onye

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by tylerbraid(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2016
They're Probably too busy criticising everything about the government.... God bless the evergreen artiste.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by jaymichael(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2016
I love onye ori utaba.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nwaanambra1(m): 12:50pm On May 21, 2016
Justeenaleo:
I love egwu umuoji .... Theresa onuoha and egedege
[size=13pt]Y'all should check out atumma abagana[/size] tracks
Lmao
Masqurades of then are the most honest.

what a coincidence! grin

i have atumma abagana - ugonabo on replay since yesterday! cool cool

"mmeje bu ugodiji na achala eehh!

kamje kute nu nwa egbe mutalu! nankute nu nwa ugo mutalu! aha!"

veeerry funny masquerade! cheesy cheesy

you need to watch me dancing it - u will empty your purse on me! cheesy

Abagana eboteghete! abannaa! cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 21, 2016
Chiwude:
Nwanne, take two bottles for my head. Celestine Ukwu songs were the defination of evergreen. Give me the following songs anyday and we'll would be best friends for life.
1) Celestine Ukwu : Le le
2) Dan Orji : Elikwa nza
3) Osadebe: Kanyi jikota onwe anyi
4) Cardinal Rex Lawson: Adaure Owerri
5) Oliver d Coque: People's club
6) Bright Chimezie: Onye nkuzi
7) Oriental Brothers: E ma onye bu onye
I have almost all Peacock songs led by Dan, Rex Lawson and others. Ever heard of Okonkwo Assaa of "ogonogo long John", Ali Chukwuma, pathy Obasi , voice of the cross, Paulson Kanu, obi igwe, Jide Obi, etc. Add more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Scarpon(m): 12:58pm On May 21, 2016
Proudly

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 21, 2016
razortruth:
I have almost all Peacock songs led by Dan, Rex Lawson and others. Ever heard of Okonkwo Assaa of "ogonogo long John", Ali Chukwuma, pathy Obasi , voice of the cross, Paulson Kanu, obi igwe, Jide Obi, etc. Add more
Pathy Obasi and voice of the cross were into gospel music with a touch of guitar and organ instruments. Voice of the cross especially had this angelic voice that would make one mourn while listening to their track. But the likes of Celestine Ukwu, Paulson Kalu, Osadebe, Oliver, Morroco, Rex Lawson, Dan Orji, Ali Chukwuma et al where pure highlife musicians. There is also Ikenga superstar and one Rokana from Kwale (forgotten his name either) whose songs were bubbling in those days. My Dad used to have a whole lot of highlife records those days.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by tonaydo(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2016
whao am really happy i am seeing fans of highlife here, my friends do say am weird judging from my kind of person and am so comfortable enjoying highlife. . .truth be told my dad made me love highlife and I listen to highlife mostly when I want to think and reason well( not that other songs don't make me think well but I feel comfortable with highlife) would love to encourage us to appreciate highlife.

my favourite is morroco (asili 98 and 99) then osita osadebe (aye mama, ebezina, kedu america and onigbo), other are mike ejiaha(dunno if I spelt that well) though I don't hear all they say but I love their music. . .proudly Igbo boy

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Kennycyphers(m): 1:40pm On May 21, 2016
OP, U didn't include Mike Ejeagha and Asaa Seven Seven.. Ndi akuko n'egwu.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Stanbeto: 1:52pm On May 21, 2016
Is a welcome idea
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by kwynette(f): 1:57pm On May 21, 2016
niggaz4life:
buhari is a saint compared to jonathan goodluck, diezani madueke, orji kalu and the other kalu. now those are real criminals
anyi n'eme things in a big way, odiro gi mma, idaba na lagoon...I'm out bro
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nwaonyeocha: 1:58pm On May 21, 2016
Any Igbo man who is above 30 years old enjoys all the above listed musicians.
May be you are talking about the internet boys and children born in general hospitals.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:59pm On May 21, 2016
Chai Chineke, unu emetegom n'ura, umunnem na umunnam, anam ekele onye obula nu n'ebea, unu huru maka egwu odinala amaka, ubochi obula kam na egeya ofuma, ndi dika osadebe, paulson kalu, oliver de coque, sir warrior, bright chimezie, peacock, etc
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 21, 2016
Nice one,but why use ffk name for ur moniker?
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by toniabella(f): 2:10pm On May 21, 2016
UnknownT:
upper Iweka was not done by Pericoma, it was done by Ibealoke Chukwukezili @femifanikayode
Ife n'eme no upper iweka was done by pericoma #muru anya
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by niggaz4life: 2:10pm On May 21, 2016
kwynette:
anyi n'eme things in a big way, odiro gi mma, idaba na lagoon...I'm out bro
aaiittt peace out sweetheart
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 2:17pm On May 21, 2016
nwaanambra1:

what a coincidence! grin

i have atumma abagana - ugonabo on replay since yesterday! cool cool

"mmeje bu ugodiji na achala eehh!

kamje kute nu nwa egbe mutalu! nankute nu nwa ugo mutalu! aha!"

veeerry funny masquerade! cheesy cheesy

you need to watch me dancing it - u will empty your purse on me! cheesy

Abagana eboteghete! abannaa! cool cool
Omg!!!
Nwa egbe na-eti anya lululu
Nwa ugo na-okwa nne ya....omakakwa
Gwaziamu ka-aga eme
Oh oh...oh oh ndi ana-ekwu abia!
Lol they thought I was possessed because of the way I concentrate while listening to it
Only trying to hold on to memory.
kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by notoriousbabe: 2:18pm On May 21, 2016
Yoruba music have tooked over grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by UnknownT: 2:23pm On May 21, 2016
toniabella:
Ife n'eme no upper iweka was done by pericoma #muru anya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlVVYQ6rkw
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 21, 2016
maybe cos the songs have no value
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nwaanambra1(m): 2:47pm On May 21, 2016
Justeenaleo:

Omg!!!
Nwa egbe na-eti anya lululu
Nwa ugo na-okwa nne ya nzu ....omakakwa nomaka
Gwaziamu ka-aga eme
Oh oh...oh oh ndi ana-ekwu abia!
Lol they thought I was possessed because of the way I concentrate while listening to it
Only trying to hold on to memory.
kiss

its really cool knowing there are still some younger ones that appreciates folk music - most especially a girl - was actually thinking am the only one - of course except for the villa boys! cheesy grin
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:16pm On May 21, 2016
nwaanambra1:

its really cool knowing there are still some younger ones that appreciates folk music - most especially a girl - was actually thinking am the only one - of course except for the villa boys! cheesy grin

grin grin
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Younger ones?
Are you 60? *whispering*
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:17pm On May 21, 2016
notoriousbabe:
Yoruba music have tooked over grin grin grin

Osheeeeey tookers
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by victons(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2016
Op, where is pammy udobonchi in yur list... I rest my case ... Igbo amaka
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nwaanambra1(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2016
Justeenaleo:

grin grin
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Younger ones?
Are you 60? *whispering*

*whispers back* no am 39 and that's quite old. *pls don't tell anybody before they start seeing me as Nairaland Methuselah!* cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Santi222(m): 4:29pm On May 21, 2016
lovely topic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Music streaming or download / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times / Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.