Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? (29714 Views)

Ishilove's Evergreen Playlist / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 / List Of Evergreen R&B Songs From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 5:36pm On May 21, 2016
nwaanambra1:

*whispers back* no am 39 and that's quite old. *pls don't tell anybody before they start seeing me as Nairaland Methuselah!* cheesy cheesy shocked
cheesy grin
*whispers* Ok
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by FemiFaniKayode: 7:45pm On May 21, 2016
toniabella:
Ife n'eme no upper iweka was done by pericoma #muru anya

apu ya ko ne zuzu ari
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by FemiFaniKayode: 7:47pm On May 21, 2016
Dragonking:
You are complaining about igbos not appreciating Igbo songs when even you yourself dey use Yoruba moniker. Smh angry

eyin m nwoke apu iyen an dere na motor ba na motor ga ebe i na gha
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by FemiFaniKayode: 7:48pm On May 21, 2016
chudidonas:

Just checked his handle.. So much for an Igbo heritage preserver

i ma oyen mbu
neku eri. ezigbo oyen apari
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by otiigba1(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2016
IGBO AMAKA! I am sooo glad i came across this topic.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nwaanambra1(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2016
Justeenaleo:

cheesy grin
*whispers* Ok

You cannot reach me on my samsung,am busy fvcking the world and giving the universe my damn tongue

*whispers* pls stop fvcking the world and giving it tongue - lots of people are doing that already. just kindly come over and do that to me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 9:28pm On May 21, 2016
Mekanus:
Op you're right, many Igbo youths prefer to play the noise called music that comes from the so called hip hop musicians. Am a die hard fan of Osadebe. The man really did a great work on earth that I always feel like shading tears when I remember that he is no more. Many of my friends call me ancient man just because I don't joke with these Igbo songs. But what they don't know is the magnitude of inspiration and joy I derive from these music. Currently, I have over 100 tracks of osadebe music alone plus those of Oliver, morroco, Goddy Ezike, Mike ejeagha, Ozoemena nsugbe to mention a few. Our youths think that playing hip hop music makes them civilized, no far from it. Proudly Ebonyian, Proudly Igbo. *playing my osadebe peoples club odogwu One of my favourite from the legend
well they call me the same name like joouuu man ogboju bush man some will say am conservative but in all these i will just laugh at them and tell them that life is all about choice and going by unoka's words in things fall apart which he says THAT GOOD MUSIC IS THE BEST FOOD FOR A GOOD SPIRIT i will like you to give oriental a try you will be glad you did long live igbo highlife musics the music really sooths the mind.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
toniabella:
Ife n'eme no upper iweka was done by pericoma #muru anya
ife na eme na upper iweka was done by ibealaoke chukwukeziri from Egwu achi in oji River Local Government Enugu State my town not only that others in the same track was AUNTY CONCORD, IFE DI MMA, NARA NDUMODU CHUKWU and with the hit track APAMA (PARA MU APARA)
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 9:46pm On May 21, 2016
alorax2:
@op I dont listen to the new generation music because they are spewing trash. My all favourite is oriental bros ihuoma, I love that music. Have to Travel home to get d c.d because I was not able to get it here in Lagos. God bless our evergreen artist
WHY BRINGING IHEOMA TRY AND ADD ONYE OMA MMADU EJI EGBU YA AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 9:50pm On May 21, 2016
HIPROFILE:
Add: Moddy Ibe on that list

Seems many dant know him, he hailed from Oba idemili south Anambra state.
His blessed memories.....
ndi kwe na ndi ekwe na ndi kwe na ndi .......................... you may complete it
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 9:57pm On May 21, 2016
nwaanambra1:

its really cool knowing there are still some younger ones that appreciates folk music - most especially a girl - was actually thinking am the only one - of course except for the villa boys! cheesy grin

yes younger ones who love and appreciate the music are still there am below 24 yet i know almost every highlfe musicians and their music

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by toniabella(f): 10:05pm On May 21, 2016
nogasimplicity:
ife na eme na upper iweka was done by ibealaoke chukwukeziri from Egwu achi in oji River Local Government Enugu State my town not only that others in the same track was AUNTY CONCORD, IFE DI MMA, NARA NDUMODU CHUKWU and with the hit track APAMA (PARA MU APARA)
Nwanne nwoke ga-ju ese nke oma maka mmiri eri gi.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
nwaanambra1:

*whispers* pls stop fvcking the world and giving it tongue - lots of people are doing that already. just kindly come over and do that to me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Hold on...one after the other grin
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 11:08pm On May 21, 2016
toniabella:
Nwanne nwoke ga-ju ese nke oma maka mmiri eri gi.
nwoke oma ihe abu egwu mu nwere echere mu na iju ese bara uru obula maka mu na echeta mgbe apama boy si na ka ya banye ugbo chisco ndi onu utu chuwaa ya oso mana egwu ndi no na odu ugbala ekweghi ha bata ia jide ya.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 11:09pm On May 21, 2016
nogasimplicity:
nwoke oma ihe abu egwu mu nwere echere mu na iju ese a baghi uru obula maka mu na echeta mgbe apama boy si na ka ya banye ugbo chisco ndi onu utu chuwaa ya oso mana egwu ndi no na odu ugbala ekweghi ha bata ia jide ya.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by SexyMimiLumzy(f): 1:21am On May 22, 2016
dis songs reminds me of DAD..... luv oliver de coque.... d songs still make sense anything its played. bright chimezie makes me laugh anytime wif his AFICAN FOOD. dey r really nice and will remain in our hearts evn if dey r nt been publicized.....
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Mekanus(m): 6:38am On May 22, 2016
nogasimplicity:
well they call me the same name like joouuu man ogboju bush man some will say am conservative but in all these i will just laugh at them and tell them that life is all about choice and going by unoka's words in things fall apart which he says THAT GOOD MUSIC IS THE BEST FOOD FOR A GOOD SPIRIT i will like you to give oriental a try you will be glad you did long live igbo highlife musics the music really sooths the mind.
If I don't have Oriental who will. Got them in abundance too bro. Forgot to mention Ali chukwuma, Douglas Olariche, seven seven, peacock, Muddy Ibe... They are good too

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by alorax2(f): 9:37am On May 22, 2016
nogasimplicity:
WHY BRINGING IHEOMA TRY AND ADD ONYE OMA MMADU EJI EGBU YA AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID

The CD has it too, it also has osaekwe, oriental special and otunwa. My head dey swell o

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 10:05am On May 22, 2016
Mekanus:
If I don't have Oriental who will. Got them in abundance too bro. Forgot to mention Ali chukwuma, Douglas Olariche, seven seven, peacock, Muddy Ibe... They are good too
correct
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by EndiaSami: 12:35pm On May 22, 2016
Please someone that knows this song should help me with the artiste name and title.

"Uwa le na Ndidi bu ije elu" x2........

I need to reconnect with that song,
Thank you
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by nogasimplicity: 12:46pm On May 22, 2016
EndiaSami:
Please someone that knows this song should help me with the artiste name and title.

"Uwa le na Ndidi bu ije elu" x2........

I need to reconnect with that song,
Thank you
i think is ogene ifite awka by one malicha

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by HIPROFILE(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2016
nogasimplicity:
ndi kwe na ndi ekwe na ndi kwe na ndi .......................... you may complete it

Chai.... Nwanne ikpofe gom.

ekwena nwanemu.. Na obugha buterunu nsogbu.... Nsogbu jiri karianyi aru..oo

Capt. Moddy ibe.... Onwu melu anyi alu.
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by EndiaSami: 11:36pm On May 22, 2016
nogasimplicity:
i think is ogene ifite awka by one malicha

U too much brother...Thanks

Its - ogene onyeoma - onye nwuru medley. Ngbajala ifite awka collections. I did a Google search.

**now playing** grin
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Baroba(m): 6:07am On May 23, 2016
Try Akunwafo Obiligbo, egwu Nteje.. .. Celestine Ukwu, Peacocks, Ikenga Superstars, Anambra beats..
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Baroba(m): 6:14am On May 23, 2016
Mekanus:
Op you're right, many Igbo youths prefer to play the noise called music that comes from the so called hip hop musicians. Am a die hard fan of Osadebe. The man really did a great work on earth that I always feel like shading tears when I remember that he is no more. Many of my friends call me ancient man just because I don't joke with these Igbo songs. But what they don't know is the magnitude of inspiration and joy I derive from these music. Currently, I have over 100 tracks of osadebe music alone plus those of Oliver, morroco, Goddy Ezike, Mike ejeagha, Ozoemena nsugbe to mention a few. Our youths think that playing hip hop music makes them civilized, no far from it. Proudly Ebonyian, Proudly Igbo. *playing my osadebe peoples club odogwu One of my favourite from the legend

My brother they don't know what they are missing, deep music that will teach you about life.. Men like Osadebe, Coque, Celestine Ukwu, Nelly Uchendu, Warrior, Mike Ejeagha will teach you alot about life with there evergreen songs. Unfortunately, Ndigbo are quick to embrace tone deaf noise called modern Nigerian hip hop full of garbage lyrics.. We are good at adopting 'foreign' things in favour of our own stuff..tufia
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Isholaoni: 10:53pm On May 23, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Niu Music

Presents

May Bonanza For Upcoming Artist

Let's help you record that hit song of yours for just #8000 and get benefits like free promotion on facebook and twitter,bbm and whatsapp broadcast,access to put your song in MTN Music Plus inorder to make cash from the downloads of your song and connection to shows.

Interested artistes should contact Ishola on 07032617747 or ping 2915230E for bookings.

NOTE

This bonanza ends by 31st of May,2016.

You can also contact us on 07032617747 or ping 2915230E for;

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements on all platforms

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection and Online promotion such as itunes,amazon,cloud 9 and other blog sites

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #www.niump3..com #niumusic
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:51am On Mar 13, 2017
Pls help me with the name of the track of oliver the coques people club.. which the chorus is a chant "umu nne m peoples club odogwu".. thanks

Mekanus:
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 17, 2017
World class music video directed & shot without spending money.
Lyrics was written in less than a week.
Track was recorded in about 1 hour.
Video was shot in a weekend.
LAWMA by @FUGEEBOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvup953L38

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by ManBeast: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
This thread don old oooooooo.....

Appreciation by Oliver De Coque

All my music lovers, I thank you for your corporation, I appreciate, I thank you for your patronage, your maximum corporation, for your moral support I wll never let you down.

Egwu Di uto ............

1 Like

Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by NwaJozi: 12:06am On Nov 08, 2018
Re: Igbos Evergreen Musicians, Why Don't We Appreciate Them? by ManBeast: 7:56am On May 31, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija Music streaming or download / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times / Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.