Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe (21553 Views)

Buhari's Minister Buys N280m Property In Abuja, Says He Took A Loan From Bank.. / Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake / Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 3:41am On May 21, 2016
The detained Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Samuel Johnson Okpoko, has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that he collected N700million poll bribery cash from Fidelity Bank on the instruction of Governor Nyesom Wike.

But while Okpoko will soon be charged to court, the anti-graft agency might put the invitation of the governor on hold because of constitutional immunity.
The immunity, however, does not prevent the EFCC from investigating the allegation against the governor and keeping vital information for his trial after his tenure.
According to a source in EFCC, Okpoko admitted that he collected the cash in two tranches at Trans Amadi branch of Fidelity Bank Plc in Port Harcourt.

The source said: “Operatives of the EFCC, have grilled the Rivers State Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mr. Samuel Johnson Okpoko , for collecting N700million from the controversial $115milloon lodged with Fidelity Bank Plc, by the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke.
“Okpoko, who was the Rivers state’s PDP campaign coordinator in the 2015 Presidential Election collected the sum of N700 million in two tranches of N600 million and N100 million respectively at the Trans Amadi branch of Fidelity Bank Plc, Port- Harcourt.
Investigations by the EFCC revealed that Okpoko cashed N600 million on March 27 and N100 million on March 31,2015.

“Explaining how he became involved, Okpoko said he was instructed by the then PDP governorship candidate, Nyesom Wike to go to the branch of Fidelity Bank to cash some money there.

The source quoted Okpoko as saying: “I was with my governor in his house sometime 27th day of March 2015, when he got a call and Chief Barrister Nyesom Wike after the phone call told me that the call was from Fidelity Bank and they have some money for him”.
But Special Assistant to Governor Wike on electronic media, Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, said: “We are not aware of what you talked about in your text message”
He said Okpoko was already in the custody of the EFCC and would be charged to court soon.

Responding to a question, the source said: “Since the governor enjoys immunity by virtue of Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution, we cannot invite Nyesom Wike now for interrogation on the allegation by Okpoko.
“This however does not prevent the EFCC from probing issues connected with the payment of the N700million and asking for refund from the beneficiaries.”
Section 308 of the constitution reads in part: “Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this constitution but subject to sub-section 2 of this section- (a) no civil or criminal proceedings shall be instituted or continued against a person to whom this section applies during his period of office; (b) a person to whom this section applies shall not be arrested or imprisoned during that period either on pursuance of the process of any court or otherwise; and (c ) no process of any court requiring or compelling the appearance of a person to whom this section applies, shall be applied for or issued.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/124333/diezanis-slush-cash-wike-ordered-collect-n700m-bank-pdp-scribe

4 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by MossadAgent: 3:51am On May 21, 2016
When will the lizard traitor of Ubiama realise that the world knows him as a corrupt thief?

Amaech,i buhari will soon discard you as a used toilet tissue.

Wike isn't your problem and no matter the lies you concoct it wont stop the fact that you looted Rivers treasure to sponsor that dullard.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by rusher14: 4:10am On May 21, 2016
Wike: my hand no dey o!

9 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Nobody: 4:21am On May 21, 2016
Thank God for immunity for governors for this one time.

3 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by LordMecuzy(m): 4:27am On May 21, 2016
Reason Wike has been quiet, I guess cool
Nigerian politicians are all corrupt

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Standing5(m): 4:43am On May 21, 2016
Wike the wicked wizard about to be busted. At least the heads of APC supporters will stop falling off soon.

8 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by malton: 4:45am On May 21, 2016
This may be the reason why he fought tooth and nail to become a governor.

That immunity clause is a bit.ch though!

It's logical that the highest authorities in the 3 arms of government have some degree of immunity... but shielding 36 rogues is a bit over the top!

MossadAgent:
When will the lizard traitor of Ubiama realise that the world knows him as a corrupt thief?
Wike isn't your problem and no matter the lies you concoct it wont stop the fact that you looted Rivers treasure to sponsor that dullard.

I know your heart sinks at nor can your eyes stand the sight of him enjoying as much relevance.

What could be worse? You've pulled antics you had hope would pull the plug on his success, yet he still stands gidigba.

Free your mind from hate, it's stroke-inducing!

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by chriskosherbal(m): 4:48am On May 21, 2016
God save this country from money laundering.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by berryprety(f): 4:53am On May 21, 2016
all these u are sharing make una fear God
oo..I been support Gej but with all these money he allowed them t loot have given up. look at all our Fed road dwn here they are all death trap and yet one person is gettn outrageous amount. if he had used all ds money t better our lives he would v been a grt hero. .. wat more can I say if it is true #Efcc bring back our money.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by TPAND(f): 5:36am On May 21, 2016
Wike the fearless... Buhari can't do you nothing until after 2023.

8 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Burger01(m): 6:22am On May 21, 2016
As far I'm concerned, every single one of those yam sharers and yam eaters should be jailed, killed or buried alive. See them sharing naija money like they shared kulikuli.

Jonathan is a curse to this country... and yeah his conscience will judge him undecided

8 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 6:33am On May 21, 2016
MossadAgent:
[s]When will the lizard traitor of Ubiama realise that the world knows him as a corrupt thief?

Wike isn't your problem and no matter the lies you concoct it wont stop the fact that you looted Rivers treasure to sponsor that dullard.[/s]

Did you read the report at all?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 6:34am On May 21, 2016
Burger01:
As far I'm concerned, every single one of those yam sharers and yam eaters should be jailed, killed or buried alive. See them sharing naija money like they shared kulikuli.

Jonathan is a curse to this country... and yeah his conscience will judge him undecided
if Jonathan is God-fearing (i know he is not), he won't sleep.

11 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 6:34am On May 21, 2016
TPAND:
Wike the fearless... Buhari can do you nothing until after 2023.
we shall see.

3 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by YoursGEJ(m): 6:41am On May 21, 2016
This is why we need to get rid of this useless immunity clause for governors. The American model of democracy which we copied doesn't have immunity for sitting governors

8 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by babdap: 6:46am On May 21, 2016
No wonder elections in rivers were bloody, too much on election; na do oe die matter.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by KahlDrogo(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2016
Cc. Severussnape. Come and shout "zombie". grin

9 Likes

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Immunity1(f): 7:11am On May 21, 2016
I hate Nigeria constitution
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Samunique(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2016
Rally !
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 7:18am On May 21, 2016
chriskosherbal:
God save this country from money laundering.
amen!
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 7:20am On May 21, 2016
Immunity1:
I hate Nigeria constitution
especially, the part that preaches your moniker .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Immunity1(f): 7:36am On May 21, 2016
Caseless:
especially, the part that preaches your moniker .
lol
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Caseless: 7:46am On May 21, 2016
Immunity1:
lol
grin

#TheyCan'tIntimidateYou

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by princemillla(m): 7:48am On May 21, 2016
With all this stuff popping up like pop corn, still we got furious wen someone refer us as "fantasticall corrupt" ?

I am beggining to see none of this politicians worth to be trusted, even buhari.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Immunity1(f): 9:11am On May 21, 2016
Caseless:
grin

#TheyCan'tIntimidateYou
sure
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Nobody: 9:22am On May 21, 2016
He ran to Buhari to seek immunity.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Tokety7: 9:26am On May 21, 2016
Chai. Thug wike also ate our yams.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Kizyte(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2016
Political Vultures!
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Zico5(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2016
I wonder how some of us are reasoning. Trying to divert the attention of people from wike's grievous acts to amaechi. I don't know how we get ourselves to this level. We are justifying that what these people did are good and that they have right to take and spend what collectively belong to us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Big4wig(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2016
How did i find myself in a Zombie & wailing thread..*picks race*
Re: Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe by Dottore: 10:37am On May 21, 2016
Some will still cry foul whereas Wike doesn't know them and they didn't benefit from the loot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maina: Who Is Lying, Minister Or Head Of Service, Buhari Decides / Enugu Assembly Orders EEDC To Leave State Over Crazy Billing / Presiden Buhari Receives Segun Awolowo, CEO, Nigerian Export Promotion Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.