Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? (917 Views)

New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving / Certificate Attestation And Apprenticeships Attestation For Traveling Out / Difference Bbetween Attestation Of Age And Birth Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 21, 2016
Hello Fellow "travellers",

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I need your urgent help please.

I'm applying for a scholarship in China and one of the requirement there is that I get a CERTIFICATE OF NON-CRIMINAL RECORD. I went to the police headquarters here in Jos and they were charging me #20,000.

My question is; Can I just go to the Federal High Court here and swear to an affidavit of EXCEPTIONAL CHARACTER OR an affidavit that I'VE NEVER HAD DEALINGS WITH THE POLICE to replace the said certificate above?

Please learned answers please!

CC: Justwise
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by justwise(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2016
MAROC:
Hello Fellow "travellers",

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I need your urgent help please.

I'm applying for a scholarship in China and one of the requirement there is that I get a CERTIFICATE OF NON-CRIMINAL RECORD. I went to the police headquarters here in Jos and they were charging me #20,000.

My question is; Can I just go to the Federal High Court here and swear to an affidavit of EXCEPTIONAL CHARACTER OR an affidavit that I'VE NEVER HAD DEALINGS WITH THE POLICE to replace the said certificate above?

Please learned answers please!

CC: Justwise

I'm not sure if that will be acceptable, I think police criminal record will still be required
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

I'm not sure if that will be acceptable, I think police criminal record will still be required
Thanks!

But do you have info as to how I can do it at a less-exorbitant rate?
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by justwise(m): 8:19am On May 21, 2016
MAROC:
Thanks!

But do you have info as to how I can do it at a less-exorbitant rate?

Unfortunately I don't, have you tried other police stations?
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

No I haven't but I learned it can only be done at State's police headquarters or Louis Edet house in Abuja.
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by Nobody: 8:47am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

Mr. Justwise, Is This certificate used solely for Visa Application and submission to That country's immigration services and not necessarily for admission?
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by justwise(m): 9:25am On May 21, 2016
MAROC:
Mr. Justwise, Is This certificate used solely for Visa Application and submission to That country's immigration services and not necessarily for admission?

Criminal record certificate are used mostly for immigration and employment purposes, hardly for admission as far as I know
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by Nobody: 9:45am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

Criminal record certificate are used mostly for immigration and employment purposes, hardly for admission as far as I know
Thank You boss!

I've sent an email to the University already to inquire if the document is needed for the admission/Scholarship selection process or for Immigration after I had secured the scholarship.

It's better to hear it from the horses mouth than go on with the hassle of getting it now.

Thanks Again.
Re: Character Attestation To Replace Certificate Of Non-criminal Record? by justwise(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2016
MAROC:
Thank You boss!

I've sent an email to the University already to inquire if the document is needed for the admission/Scholarship selection process or for Immigration after I had secured the scholarship .

It's better to hear it from the horses mouth than go on with the hassle of getting it now.

Thanks Again.

That is the best thing to do.

Good luck though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Japan Wants To Be The King Of The Roads With This High-speed Train / France:requirements And Application / 8 Guides For A Successful Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.