Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 (8659 Views)

Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) / Nigeria’s 2016 Worst Performing Governors / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 10:53am On May 21, 2016
Movic1:

Ẹ̀bá-Ọ̀dàn , meaning 'the city at the edge of the savannah' is the capital city of Oyo State and the third largest metropolitan area, by population, in Nigeria , after Lagos and Kano, with a population of over 3.5 Million, and the country's largest metropolis by
geographical area.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan
written by people like u. Funny, is as good as saying Nigeria is d giant of Africa on paper but the living standard of the people can't be compare to small Gabon. We are talking about reality and not something written by some tribal fifth columnists like u.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by KissCODE(m): 10:53am On May 21, 2016
This statistic is wrong because it discussed LAGOS as a state while othere were discussed as cities.

Lagos has towns & LGAs which this article could have talked about the way it talked about Ibadan OR Ogbomosho.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by RockHard: 10:53am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

look at the whole population for the two states.
Oyo State . 5,591,589. Rivers State. 5,185,400
as at 2006.
Oyo population is relatively spread across Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho and what have you.
On the other hand, Rivers state population is concentrated in PH. PH has over 70% of the population of the state. So answer me how Ibadan as a town is more populated than PH.

SOURCE: http://macosconsultancy.com/Lists%20of%20Nigerian%20State%20by%20Landmass%20and%20Population%20Densityyy.html

In as much as you have every right to decide what you choose to (and not to) accept, you still are not arguing based on fact. What was the last official population estimate of PH? If it was undercounted, why? By whom? What is the Rivers state govt's own alternative data? According to the latest data on the number of registered phone lines and internet connection ( https://www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone ), Oyo state as at today (if that data is anything to go by) has approximately 2-million more inhabitants than Rivers state. Show me some data to support your assertions, please. Not guess work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by drake22: 10:56am On May 21, 2016
Ogbomosho more populated than u Onitsha?
Damn. Impossible
We can be arguing onitsha population to iba dan.
Let's be honest
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Movic1(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

written by people like u. Funny, is as good as saying Nigeria is d giant of Africa on paper but the living standard of the people can't be compare to small Gabon. We are talking about reality and not something written by some tribal fifth columnists like u.

Ok i give up. Ph is more populated than ibadan. Even oweri is more populated than ibadan. Since you re the most intelligent being on earth, your figures re correct.

1 Like

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2016
Everything about Nigerian population is outright fraud. There has never been a real head count in Nigeria. Money is budgeted while corpers are made to work under the sun only to allocate fraudulent populations in connivance with UN representatives.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by dimieprincess(f): 11:03am On May 21, 2016
RockHard:

In as much as you have every right to decide what you choose to (and not to) accept, you still are not arguing based on fact. What was the last official population estimate of PH? If it was undercounted, why? By whom? What is the Rivers state govt's own alternative data? According to the latest data on the number of registered phone lines and internet connection ( https://www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone ), Oyo state as at today (if that data is anything to go by) has approximately 2-million more inhabitants than Rivers state. Show me some data to support your assertions, please. Not guess work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population
Some of u have not been to PH just typing nonsense pyrrhic population from your bed
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by RockHard: 11:06am On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

Some of u have not been to PH just typing nonsense pyrrhic population from your bed

Lol. Errh.. Hello, YES, I have been to PH on more than one occasion, thank you.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by MXrep: 11:59am On May 21, 2016
Onitsha has no land therefore development spread into neighbouring towns like obosi nkpor ogidi nkwelle etc but these town has insisted on maintaining independent identity despite being part of the metropolis. Greater onitsha metropolitan area is almost 4 million
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 21, 2016
olaitoro:

that city needs demolition. nobody stays in slum, Ibadan is largely a slum and can pass as the biggest slum in Africa,

Ajimobi has alot to do.
aba is the biggest slum on west Africa

And 3 IBoland are among the dirstiest cities in the world.

After Lagos, Ibadan is second most developed city in south west.. A city non ibo land will never have. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by SIRTee15: 12:27pm On May 21, 2016
dimieprincess:

If u r knowledgeable enough, u can decipher my assertion through my write ups.
I never disagreed with just PH, but I also said Okene can't have population up to Ado Ekiti, Ijebu Ode, Warri, Sapele, Ughelli and what have you. But because u r a tribal bigot you picked interest in just the Ibadan aspect. My father is from Ondo town in Ondo State and mother is from Bomdadi in Delta State.

we can argue the data above as it relates to most towns.......
I personally don't believe either ogbomoso or oyo towns has that much people.........
but never u say ph has more population than Ibadan.
the size of port Harcourt metropolis is 1900sq/km while that of Ibadan is over 3000sq/km, this is due to ever growing population of the latter.
I've been to port Harcourt, I can boldly say the population attributed to it is appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by SIRTee15: 12:30pm On May 21, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Na true sef . Why add up the whole Lagos and then split other states into cities
Lagos is regarded as a city state.... just like Singapore, Hong Kong

3 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Codedrock(m): 1:16pm On May 21, 2016
Wow! This is gonna be a very long long thread.. Pple are really pissed.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Poweredbreww: 1:31pm On May 21, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
how long do you want to keep impersonating a Yoruba man?

how much has it added I to your pockets?

He hates his own tribe and wish to be Yoruba, he is tired of his life, poverty is bad.

4 Likes

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by investnow2013: 1:39pm On May 21, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I still find it difficult to believe that okene is more populated than these cities

Makurdi
Owerri
Umuahia
Calabar
Uyo
Awka
Akure
Ijebu ode
Awka 2m, Onitsha 8m, Nnewi 1.5M, Ekwulobia 1M,Owerri 3.5M,Orlu1.2M etc
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Codedrock(m): 2:48pm On May 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Awka 2m, Onitsha 8m, Nnewi 1.5M, Ekwulobia 1M,Owerri 3.5M,Orlu1.2M etc
Joker of the century grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:58pm On May 21, 2016
Who's comparing warri with okene? That village okene can't be upto 900k.
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by telleyway: 4:11pm On May 21, 2016
not true
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by MrkenOkonkwo(m): 2:55pm On May 22, 2016
investnow2013:
Awka 20m, Onitsha 80m, Nnewi 10.5M, Ekwulobia 10M,Owerri 30.5M,Orlu10.2M etc

yeye de smell grin
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by YourNemesis: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
What the heck is wrong with some people?
Aba is not bigger than Benin, Puleeese...
Re: Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2016 by AKPAMA211: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2023
An actual census was conducted in 2006, where you guys got your figures for Benin city is what I can’t tell. According to the 2006 census, Benin city was already
1,346,703. You guys lack the spirit of research, that is the problems Nigerians have. According to the 2006 census, Benin city is the fourth largest city in Nigeria, only second to Lagos,Kano and Ibadan in that order

Assessing Resident Satisfaction with Planning and Neighborhood facilities of Some Public Housing Estates in Benin city, Nigeria

Journal of Educational and Social Research

By Kingsley Okechukwu Dimuna
Department of Architecture
Ambrose Alli University
Ekpoma, Nigeria

And Abiodun Olukayodeh Olotuah
Department of Architecture
Federal University of Technology
Akure, Nigeria

Page 23.

It was stated that in the 2006 census, Benin city’s population was 1,346,703 but what is on Wikipedia is about 25% lesser than the actual population of Bini city in 2006 worst still with no source whatsoever.

This is a link where you can download the write up

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330876121_Assessing_Residents

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Location Of Benin City PVC Registration Centers / Abia @ 28: Minister Of Mines & Steel, Ogah, Congratulates Ikpeazu / Peter Obi Sends Heartfelt Wishes To Super Eagles Ahead Of Today's Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.