Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? (1173 Views)

Hi Guys, I Got An Invitation From A Company In China To Attend A Fair. What Next / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by Rosville(f): 10:08am On May 21, 2016
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I am a young girl of 22years, building a career in software programming and hoping for a dream job that would build me well financially and career wise too.. I recently got an offer from my uncle to apply to Canada through an invite, and we would try to sort me out when I get there.. Basically I would love to go through masters so I can also invest in my career over there and I am not sure of the invitation thing.. What if I get stuck over there... And takes me years to finally get on track and i end up wasting a lot of time.. Or I stay and hope for a fruitful career here in Nigeria? I do not like the whole idea of relocating through an invite... Please advise me nairalanders...
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 10:11am On May 21, 2016
Rosville:
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I am a young girl of 22years, building a career in software programming and hoping for a dream job that would build me well financially and career wise too.. I recently got an offer from my uncle to apply to Canada through an invite, and we would try to sort me out when I get there.. Basically I would love to go through masters so I can also invest in my career over there and I am not sure of the invitation thing.. What if I get stuck over there... And takes me years to finally get on track and i end up wasting a lot of time.. Or I stay and hope for a fruitful career here in Nigeria? I do not like the whole idea of relocating through an invite. .. Please advise me nairalanders...

Sorry to say this but you are wiser than your uncle.

Go through masters if you can afford it but don't waste your precious life and time going through IV.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by vizkiz: 10:16am On May 21, 2016
hmmmmn...all I will advice you is

"be wise and don't do what you will regret. Time is essential and opportunity lost might never be reversible" pounder on this statement. It is Deeper than it looks
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by Rosville(f): 10:17am On May 21, 2016
justwise:

Sorry to say this but you are wiser than your uncle.

Go through masters if you can afford it but don't waste your precious life and time going through IV.
thank you... Forgot to mention that I can't afford masters for now... But still have hope....
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 10:24am On May 21, 2016
Rosville:
thank you... Forgot to mention that I can't afford masters for now... But still have hope....

That is fine, you are on the right course and with that skill you will be fine, traveling to any country with the wrong visa type and hoping to live and study legally is a very silly decision. You are far too young to gamble away your time.

Look out for scholarships while you develop your software programming skills.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
vizkiz:
hmmmmn...all I will advice you is

"be wise and don't do what you will regret. Time is essential and opportunity lost might never be reversible" pounder on this statement. It is Deeper than it looks

Where is the opportunity here?
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by bigtt76(f): 10:49am On May 21, 2016
Apply for the visa with the invite and see how it goes.

While it might look risky on the long term, you don't know if your uncle wants to assist with the Masters tin too as a path for you to relocate finally.

Bottomline, don't shun your uncle's offer.

On the other hand, you can start building your software programming career here through the likes of ccHub, Andela etc. So many startups are being groomed daily through those places.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2016
bigtt76:
Apply for the visa with the invite and see how it goes.

While it might look risky on the long term, you don't know if your uncle wants to assist with the Masters tin too as a path for you to relocate finally.

Bottomline, don't shun your uncle's offer.

On the other hand, you can start building your software programming career here through the likes of ccHub, Andela etc. So many startups are being groomed daily through those places.

If that is the case why did he not bring her through education?
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by bigtt76(f): 10:56am On May 21, 2016
I understand you... we or she can't really say what the uncle's plan is for her or will evolve into. To me best she applies for the visa through the uncle's invite, God willing, she gets it, travels down, discuss at length with the uncle to further the plans.

Shunning the offer might spite the uncle... if you know what I mean.

justwise:

If that is the case why did he not bring her through education?
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2016
bigtt76:
I understand you... we or she can't really say what the uncle's plan is for her or will evolve into. To me best she applies for the visa through the uncle's invite, God willing, she gets it, travels down, discuss at length with the uncle to further the plans.

Shunning the offer might spite the uncle... if you know what I mean.

That will not easy, the moment she gets to Canada the waiting game starts and nobody in Nigeria will support her idea of coming back, family and her uncle will turn against her.

It's pointless telling somebody to start a life in foreign country on the wrong part then wait for miracles.

She is not uneducated or somebody with nothing to look forward to that you will say...well it's better to suffer in Canada since you got nothing in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by bigtt76(f): 11:36am On May 21, 2016
Very true. I think OP should just find a way to either start applying for admission and use that to put uncle on the hold than outrightly rejecting the offer.

On the other hand, OP needs to try and build up a career first and others would fall in line.

@Justwise keep it up. One love kiss

justwise:

That will not easy, the moment she gets to Canada the waiting game starts and nobody in Nigeria will support her idea of coming back, family and her uncle will turn against her.

It's pointless telling somebody to start a life in foreign country on the wrong part then wait for miracles.

She is not uneducated or somebody with nothing to look forward to that you will say...well it's better to suffer in Canada since you got nothing in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 21, 2016
bigtt76:
Very true. I think OP should just find a way to either start applying for admission and use that to put uncle on the hold than outrightly rejecting the offer.

On the other hand, OP needs to try and build up a career first and others would fall in line.

@Justwise keep it up. One love kiss

One love kwa?

May I let you know that Justwise is married and he has that "One love" for his adorable wife.. Therefore he needs no additional bae.. You can keep that "One love' for Me..Titi, One love kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by bigtt76(f): 12:37pm On May 21, 2016
Oya na receive it grin @Justwise... biko nor vex one love withdrawn tongue

profojah2:

One love kwa?

May I let you know that Justwise is married and he has that "One love" for his adorable wife.. Therefore he needs no additional bae.. You can keep that "One love' for Me..Titi, One love kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Relocate To Canada Through An Invitation Letter? by justwise(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2016
bigtt76:
Oya na receive it grin @Justwise... biko nor vex one love withdrawn tongue

You fall for that? People assume a lot of stuff about me including being a woman...married, not a Nigerian etc grin...non is true

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advise Urgently Needed From A Friend That Want To Travel To Japan For Tourist. / I Need A Short Time Hotel Or Cheap Hotels Around Gowon Estate / The Bayelsa International Airport Is Ready For Commissioning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.