Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central (4921 Views)

Android Developers Group / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / New Android Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 12:53pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:
When using bluestacks emulator - http://localhost/nairaland becomes http://10.0.2.2/nairaland in your emulator
but some other types of emulators like genymotion - it becomes http://10.0.3.2/nairaland

I know that sir, I'm referring to the ability to use an Android phone in this case.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 31, 2016
^^^I have done it once in the past, and unfortunately did not document exactly how i did it, but i have not been able to re-duplicate the steps again. when i gerrit again, i will let you know how.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 1:07pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^I have done it once in the past, and unfortunately did not document exactly how i did it, but i have not been able to re-duplicate the steps again. when i gerrit again, i will let you know how.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 3:27pm On May 31, 2016
I just found a very simple walk-around on it?
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2016
FrankLampard:
I wanted to do some test on my localhost. That is why I needed the Android Emulator.

I will try and download Genymotion.

Or is there a way I can use to my phone to connect to MySQL on my localhost using WiFi or Cable.

Get your laptop IP address By this->
cmd -> ipconfig.

Next, Click on WAMP icon on the window TaskBar and Click on "put online" inside the menu popup...
After that, you can access your URL like this from anywhere......http://your.ip.adress/YourRootFolder/script.php...
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 3:44pm On May 31, 2016
lekropasky:

Get your laptop IP address By this->
cmd -> ipconfig.

Next, Click on WAMP icon on the window TaskBar and Click on "put online" inside the menu popup...
After that, you can access your URL like this from anywhere......http://your.ip.adress/YourRootFolder/script.php...

Yea bro. just did that.

Thank you.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 31, 2016
FrankLampard:
I just found a very simple walk-around on it?
For some reasons this no longer works with my laptop, and i cannot explain why.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 4:43pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:

For some reasons this no longer works with my laptop, and i cannot explain why.
Do you mean Genymotion?
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 31, 2016
FrankLampard:

Do you mean Genymotion?
Not that, I meant connecting to my laptop to my phone using IP address like someone explained above.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 7:49pm On May 31, 2016
dhtml18:

Not that, I meant connecting to my laptop to my phone using IP address like someone explained above.

Okok.

It must work, u just have to make sure you have a very good internet for your PC and Phone.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 31, 2016
FrankLampard:

Okok.

It must work, u just have to make sure you have a very good internet for your PC and Phone.
I believe it was because of some security thangs i have installed on my laptop that is causing that - not that i dont know the right steps.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 11:45am On Jun 01, 2016
FrankLampard:

Okok.

Try and connect your phone and laptop to the same network. E.g, turn on your phone mobile Data and Hotspott and connect to the hotspot with your laptop. It should work that way...
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
E no work for me. Maybe is spectra net blocking it
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
dhtml18:
E no work for me. Maybe is spectra net blocking it

OK Bro
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
Good day my bosses.

When creating an Android App with section that has SETTINGS in it. And I want to save some user data and the rest.

How do I achieve this? because, I would like to use the preference later in the App.

Is it through SQLite, SharePreference or what?

Please, I would like anyone with experience in this to tell me how to achieve this with little explanation.
Thank you.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
SHAREDPREFERENCE can save stuffs persistently - at least until the app gets uninstalled. You can even convert a json object/array to string and save them to sharedpreference.
However, if you wish to use sql statements to retrieve the data, or you wish to store very large json with like 100, or thousands of data - you need to use sqlite (or an online alternative).
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by FrankLampard: 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
dhtml18:
SHAREDPREFERENCE can save stuffs persistently - at least until the app gets uninstalled. You can even convert a json object/array to string and save them to sharedpreference.
However, if you wish to use sql statements to retrieve the data, or you wish to store very large json with like 100, or thousands of data - you need to use sqlite (or an online alternative).

Thanks dhtml18 for your quick response.
I am going through - https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/settings.html
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oga dhtml18, I beg I need that old bluestacks for testing purpose. My phone get screwed up. Please and please
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
The thing large small to upload, 279 MB, will take a lot of time to upload it. Maybe I shall do that during the night, pm me your email address so i can give you the download link when it is ready
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 11:54am On Jul 31, 2016
dhtml18:
The thing large small to upload, 279 MB, will take a lot of time to upload it. Maybe I shall do that during the night, pm me your email address so i can give you the download link when it is ready

Thanks Bro. hoadigun@student.lautech.edu.ng
funny mail though.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
The upload failed bro, sorry about that. search for it via torrent websites online.
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by prinzfunchi(m): 10:54am On Oct 06, 2016
lekropasky:

Try and connect your phone and laptop to the same network. E.g, turn on your phone mobile Data and Hotspott and connect to the hotspot with your laptop. It should work that way...

Is it possible to connect without turning on mobile data on the android?
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2016
prinzfunchi:

Mobile data is not required
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by lekropasky(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
prinzfunchi:

Yes. It's very possible. If the app you're building has rest backend, just check your machine IP address using cmd - > ipconfig. Then use your IP address to connect em together. NB: TURN ON YOUR MACHINE WI-FI AND CONNECT YOUR PHONE To it FOR BEST RESULT
Re: Android Developers : Building Your Android Library And Add It To Maven Central by prinzfunchi(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
lekropasky:

Yes. It's very possible. If the app you're building has rest backend, just check your machine IP address using cmd - > ipconfig. Then use your IP address to connect em together. NB: TURN ON YOUR MACHINE WI-FI AND CONNECT YOUR PHONE To it FOR BEST RESULT

dhtml18:

Mobile data is not required

Okay Thanks, I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Programming Competition 2018 - Total stakes 210k!! / Operation Prove Your Programming Skills / Complete Array Of Countries And Nigerian States [open Source]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.