Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam (1445 Views)

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 21, 2016
These scammers in religious garb spewing their garbage while deceiving millions and rendering their congregations from poverty to complete impoverishment , superstition and turning them from 'brainfull' humans into brainless sheep , need to be STOPPED.

So while Buhari is tackling the endemic corruption in Nigeria he should turn his eye to their allies who are mostly leaders of pentecostal churches and seize their assets ,money and in some cases close down their churches for GOOD !

Their universities should become state owned rather than exclusive enclaves for the rich and privileged despite the fact that they were built from the widows mite ( of course the widows were cast out afterwards ). Their jets should be sold and the money returned to members of their churches.

Every Sunday the thieves think of what scripture they will twist to their own destruction and extract money from the hard working and even jobless suffering members of their congregation , including students. If this is not a CRIME what else is, is this not extortion , no ?? They are cursed and no for good rogues that must be dealt with asap.

People for how long will you allow yourself be a hypnotized member of the churches of these miscreants, why not completely abandon them so that their source of their income will dry up , and they will eat Nebuchadnezzar's grass of humility .

Since when did preaching become a career or source of salary/income ?? Is this not madness, telling people about the good news which is truly a free gift and indirectly charging them for money. Did Paul not work and from time to time receive freewill offerings, NEVER TITHES OR FIRST FRUITS!

While the church members are eating from hand to mouth these rogues and their families are wining and dinning on the most delicious and exotic foods and going to the most expensive restaurants.

These rogues called pastors, sleep with the wives of their members, defile young virgins and stupid girls while preaching about fidelity, who the hell are they kidding ? They want to control you and yet they cannot control their greed and passions. Woe onto them.

Buhari needs to setup a special branch within their EFCC to investigate these thieves , track them down, seize their assets and punish them according the rule of law. That will put an end to their scamming, noise pollution and corruption of politicians and innocent church members.

End of rant. angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Weah96: 12:47pm On May 21, 2016
frosbel2:
These scammers in religious garb spewing their garbage while deceiving millions and rendering their congregations from poverty to complete impoverishment , superstition and turning them from 'brainfull' humans into brainless sheep , need to be STOPPED.

So while Buhari is tackling the endemic corruption in Nigeria he should turn his eye to their allies who are mostly leaders of pentecostal churches and seize their assets ,money and in some cases close down their churches for GOOD !

Their universities should become state owned rather than exclusive enclaves for the rich and privileged despite the fact that they were built from the widows mite ( of course the widows were cast out afterwards ). Their jets should be sold and the money returned to members of their churches.

Every Sunday the thieves think of what scripture they will twist to their own destruction and extract money from the hard working and even jobless suffering members of their congregation , including students. If this is not a CRIME what else is, is this not extortion , no ?? They are cursed and no for good rogues that must be dealt with asap.

People for how long will you allow yourself be a hypnotized member of the churches of these miscreants, why not completely abandon them so that their source of their income will dry up , and they will eat Nebuchadnezzar's grass of humility .

Since when did preaching become a career or source of salary/income ?? Is this not madness, telling people about the good news which is truly a free gift and indirectly charging them for money. Did Paul not work and from time to time receive freewill offerings, NEVER TITHES OR FIRST FRUITS!

While the church members are eating from hand to mouth these rogues and their families are wining and dinning on the most delicious and exotic foods and going to the most expensive restaurants.

These rogues called pastors, sleep with the wives of their members, defile young virgins and stupid girls while preaching about fidelity, who the hell are they kidding ? They want to control you and yet they cannot control their greed and passions. Woe onto them.

Buhari needs to setup a special branch within their EFCC to investigate the people, track them down, seize their assets and punish them according the rule of law. That will put an end to their scamming, noise pollution and corruption of politicians and innocent church members.

End of rant. angry angry

I understand your anger, because you live there. The white man is removing superstition from his place, it's only Africans that are increasing the level of superstition.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Tocheagle(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2016
This Land Is Not For Sale , Nairalanders Beware
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by onetrack(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2016
Any religion that cannot prove that their followers go to some heaven should be treated as a scam.

By that I mean that these pastors (or mallams or priests) should be able to show people on earth the souls of the departed in heaven. And they should be able to show us the souls of the nonbelievers roasting in hell. Good luck with that!

3 Likes

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Anas09: 3:45pm On May 21, 2016
onetrack:
Any religion that cannot prove that their followers go to some heaven should be treated as a scam.

By that I mean that these pastors (or mallams or priests) should be able to show people on earth the souls of the departed in heaven. And they should be able to show us the souls of the nonbelievers roasting in hell. Good luck with that!
Romans Chapter 1:22.
Professing themselves to be wise, they have become fools.
The day that scripture was written, the Holy Spirit had you in mind.
Christians should show people on earth the souls of people who are dead before you will believe... Wonderful. If that doesn't happen what will happen? U'll reject Christ the second time and then he will lose his Majestic throne?
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Onetrack, you must think yourself a real catch. Wonderful.
Stay in your unbelief you hear? Let Christ lose His throne as a result.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Weah96: 4:19pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

Christians should show people on earth the souls of people who are dead before you will believe...

It wouldn't be the first time. LOL. From what I read in the Bible, the entire cemetery commot 4 begin enter market b4. His own request is small.

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by onetrack(m): 5:39pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

Christians should show people on earth the souls of people who are dead before you will believe... Wonderful. If that doesn't happen what will happen? U'll reject Christ the second time and then he will lose his Majestic throne?
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Onetrack, you must think yourself a real catch. Wonderful.
Stay in your unbelief you hear? Let Christ lose His throne as a result.

I have already rejected Christ. Let the Christians (or Muslims) prove what they claim. Don't quote the Bible at me, I know what it says.

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Joagbaje(m): 5:46pm On May 21, 2016
frosbel2:

You're wrong sir. Pastoring is a responsibility done voluntarily . Before you're sent out to pastor you must first have a very good paying job, or business from which you give to build the works . It's only if the ministry deem it fit to withdraw such a one from other vocation by the reason of more responsibility which requires full time job that such a one may not be allowed to do other job and such a person will be supported by salary or allowance .

Since when did preaching become a career or source of salary/income ??

If a man is made to le leave his job to be devoted to full time ministry then he deserves to be paid according to scriptures

Galatians 6:6
Those who are taught the Word of God should help their teachers by paying them.

End of rant.

Yeah rant indeed

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Anas09: 5:52pm On May 21, 2016
onetrack:

I have already rejected Christ. Let the Christians (or Muslims) prove what they claim. Don't quote the Bible at me, I know what it says.
Your demand is the dumbest I have ever Come across.
Wonderful.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by onetrack(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

Your demand is the dumbest I have ever Come across.
Wonderful.

This may work on sheep, but not me. Enjoy your evening. smiley
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Anas09: 6:10pm On May 21, 2016
Weah96:

It wouldn't be the first time. LOL. From what I read in the Bible, the entire cemetery commot begin enter
market
b4. His own request is small.
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Oh you know he can do it right? But he will never do it at anyone's demands. Satan has been making these kinds of demands from time.
You Satan's seeds just don't get that we know this line, it's as old as Satan himself, so, change tactics.
You, just like your master, keeps demanding 'If this is, then prove this and that'. The line is over used.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Anas09: 6:16pm On May 21, 2016
Weah96:

It wouldn't be the first time. LOL. From what I read in the Bible, the entire cemetery commot begin enter market b4. His own request is small.
The entire cemetery commot begin enter market at your command?
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

You, just like your master, keeps demanding 'If this is, then prove this and that'. The line is over used.
Do you really believe in Satan? A being responsible for evil?

That's really cool.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Weah96: 7:17pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Oh you know he can do it right? But he will never do it at anyone's demands. Satan has been making these kinds of demands from time.
You Satan's seeds just don't get that we know this line, it's as old as Satan himself, so, change tactics.

Was it Satan who wrote the Bible? Was it Satan who challenged the prophets of another religion to a magic show?
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Weah96: 7:20pm On May 21, 2016
Anas09:

The entire cemetery commot begin enter market at your command?

I'm afraid of the walking dead. My point was that it isn't a big deal. Greater things were done on the Bible pages. grin
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 21, 2016
Joagbaje:

You're wrong sir. Pastoring is a responsibility done voluntarily . Before you're sent out to pastor you must first have a very good paying job, or business from which you give to build the works . It's only if the ministry deem it fit to withdraw such a one from other vocation by the reason of more responsibility which requires full time job that such a one may not be allowed to do other job and such a person will be supported by salary or allowance .

Supporting a Pastor assuming that he/she was called by God ( very rare these days, most are called by their 'bellies' ) , should be from freewill offerings and not mandatory payments in the name of tithes , first fruits and the other financial scams. Besides it is not compulsory that the pastor should always be supported, sometimes he/she may even need to work by the side to feed and house themselves like Paul. The admonishment from Paul that " if a man does not work he should not eat " was for all the church and not just the sheep.

There are many preachers who work full time jobs and preach on Sunday, why can't you do the same ?? Oh , let me see, you prefer easy money and the razzmatazz that comes with it!!

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Joagbaje(m): 4:33am On May 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Supporting a Pastor assuming that he/she was called by God ( very rare these days,most are called by their 'bellies' ) , should be from freewill offerings

There are different kinds of givings . Freewill offering is only one aspect . every ministry have their structures . Jesus had a treasurer . Which means they're as a central purse . Where all the apostles are paid from . After forsaking their fishing business . I'm not aware they alll carried offering bags remembering these were married men with children . There must have been a kind of allowance centrally disbursed .

and not mandatory payments in the name of tithes.

If your problem is tithing that's what you should focus on and while you're doing that remember that if you' can't be condemning tithing and supporting free will offering . Offering and tithes are both eternal principles . God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but in tithes and offerings.

Besides it is not compulsory that the pastor should always be supported, sometimes he/she may even need to work by the side to feed and house themselves like Paul.

Every pastor work or do business . Go to a redeem , winners or CEC and see if the pastor doesn't have a job . Some are bankers , oil workers ,civil Servant or busines men. They are not taking salary .ministry is service . It's only by reason of responsibility that such a one may have to forsake his lucrative job for full time ministry and that is a serous sacrifice . One of CEC pastors was the highest paid black man in chevron Yet a pastor .others have their businesses . They are rather supporting the work by their wealth So get your facts right .

The admonishment from Paul that " if a man does not work he should not eat " was for all the church and not just the sheep.

It's for the sheep in context

There are many preachers who work full time jobs and preach on Sunday,

That has been my point to you . You're now contradicting yourself . People don't do ministry for pay .its service . Before a man can be sent to pastor he must first have a job.. That's first criterial

why can't you do the same ?? Oh , let me see, you prefer easy money and the razzmatazz that comes with it!!

Leave me out brother and focus on your topic And if you care to know .i can tell you a little I do a lot of businesses .im into aerial filming and movies , documentary ,Events and other things I am the first drone pilot in nigeria . I'm an artist I was the chiairman of the society of nigeria artist for 3 years . And lecturers and professors were under my leadership and they all have repect for me.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by malvisguy212: 7:08am On May 22, 2016
onetrack:

rejecting christ is your choice....trust me,you don't understand the bible. Truth contradict you.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by onetrack(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
rejecting christ is your choice....trust me,you don't understand the bible. Truth contradict you.

Just like you don't understand the Quran or the Buddhadarma or the Bhagavad Gita or......whatever other religious book is out there.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Donvilo(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Buhari needs to setup a special branch within their EFCC to investigate these thieves , track them down, seize their assets and punish them according the rule of law. That will put an end to their scamming, noise pollution and corruption of politicians and innocent church members.

End of rant. angry angry

it's about time we speak out against this group of vagrants who call themselves 'men of God' but are actually crooks & fraudsters. These are the same people that Jesus will deny of on the day of judgement because of their deceptive nature. SPEAK ON my friend, I'm solidly behind you. This madness must stop

2 Likes

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 22, 2016
Donvilo:

it's about time we speak out against this group of vagrants who call themselves 'men of God' but are actually crooks & fraudsters. These are the same people that Jesus will deny of on the day of judgement because of their deceptive nature. SPEAK ON my friend, I'm solidly behind you. This madness must stop

Thank You.

Of course you may have heard about one of the sheeple's latest role models who said "Sexual Sin Is Not Enough to Take You to Hell" after fornicating with his church members. Yet his sheeple are fighting for him , lol. The link below is from a more credible source to prevent denial.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/may/will-embassy-of-god-punish-sunday-adelaja-multiple-affairs.html

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by rawgame(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2016
frosbel2:

End of rant. angry angry

Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by loveroftruth: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2016
frosbel2:

End of rant. angry angry

Interesting!

Anybody with a conscience and the knowledge of how the apostles of Christ operated and the guidelines for followers of Christ is supposed to love this post, unfortunately, most will hate it, for selfish reasons i supposed.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2016
grin
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by loveroftruth: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2016
frosbel2:

Supporting a Pastor assuming that he/she was called by God ( very rare these days, most are called by their 'bellies' ) , should be from freewill offerings and not mandatory payments in the name of tithes , first fruits and the other financial scams. Besides it is not compulsory that the pastor should always be supported, sometimes he/she may even need to work by the side to feed and house themselves like Paul. The admonishment from Paul that " if a man does not work he should not eat " was for all the church and not just the sheep.

There are many preachers who work full time jobs and preach on Sunday, why can't you do the same ?? Oh , let me see, you prefer easy money and the razzmatazz that comes with it!!

The above is true and that is the right way to do the preaching work
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by loveroftruth: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2016
Joagbaje:

There are different kinds of givings . Freewill offering is only one aspect . every ministry have their structures . Jesus had a treasurer . Which means they're as a central purse . Where all the apostles are paid from . After forsaking their fishing business . I'm not aware they alll carried offering bags remembering these were married men with children . There must have been a kind of allowance centrally disbursed .

The above are all assumptions.

Yes, the have money box, but you have decided to add too much extras to what the Bible contain. learn to stop where the Bible stop and not to be going beyond what is written.

1Cor4:6b:

6 Now, brothers, these things I have applied to myself and A·pol′los for your good, that through us you may learn the rule: “Do not go beyond the things that are written
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by loveroftruth: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2016
frosbel2:

Thank You.

Of course you may have heard about one of the sheeple's latest role models who said "Sexual Sin Is Not Enough to Take You to Hell" after fornicating with his church members. Yet his sheeple are fighting for him , lol. The link below is from a more credible source to prevent denial.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/may/will-embassy-of-god-punish-sunday-adelaja-multiple-affairs.html

Hmmmm!

Interesting.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by eplanning: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2016
Joagbaje:

If your problem is tithing that's what you should focus on and while you're doing that remember that if you' can't be condemning tithing and supporting free will offering . Offering and tithes are both eternal principles . God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but in tithes and offerings.

Every pastor work or do business . Go to a redeem , winners or CEC and see if the pastor doesn't have a job . Some are bankers , oil workers ,civil Servant or busines men. They are not taking salary .ministry is service . It's only by reason of responsibility that such a one may have to forsake his lucrative job for full time ministry and that is a serous sacrifice . One of CEC pastors was the highest paid black man in chevron Yet a pastor .others have their businesses . They are rather supporting the work by their wealth So get your facts right .

It's for the sheep in context

That has been my point to you . You're now contradicting yourself . People don't do ministry for pay .its service . Before a man can be sent to pastor he must first have a job.. That's first criterial

Leave me out brother and focus on your topic And if you care to know .i can tell you a little I do a lot of businesses .im into aerial filming and movies , documentary ,Events and other things I am the first drone pilot in nigeria . I'm an artist I was the chiairman of the society of nigeria artist for 3 years . And lecturers and professors were under my leadership and they all have repect for me.

Excellent response from an excellent mind. Most of these folks instead of boldly confronting their political leaders who have deceived and enslaved them, they turn to God's ministers to vent their frustrations.
Re: Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam by ValentineMary(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2016
Well said OP. These pastors must be stopped. But the funny part is that the ignorant Nigerians u are trying to help would join and fight you.

We better treat folk tales for what they are.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

13 Most Scandalous Popes In Catholic Church History / Before You Support The Abominable Act Of Homosexuality. / COVID-19: Apostle Suleman And Five Thousand Dollar Healing Challenge By Leo Igwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.