Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans (31463 Views)

Network Providers With The Best Weekend Data Plans? / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:07pm On May 22, 2016
Ginaz:
They are all thieves, what we should do na is break our Sims and port to the old way. That's is letter writing. grin

Hmmmm

will breaking of SIM solve any problem?
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by kazyhm(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:
I decided to write this because i think this issue of our network providers deceiving us with their fake data plans is getting out of hand.

I will say this this started with airtel Nigeria, transferred to Glo and now mtn. Why won't they be straight forward and be truthful with their data plans, airtel will tell you you can get 10gb data at the price of N3500(example), but in the true sense it is 4gb for N4000 with their DATA ZAPPING.

Glo followed suite with Glo blackberry plan which normally last longer but now you can't use Glo blackberry plan for 3 weeks. Then the one freaking me out is MTN NOW ZAPS DATA. I'm still trying to figure out how 3.5gb data that i subscribed last two weeks Sunday without downloading or updating my apps, is now remaining 266mb right now.

Mtn are not known to zap data and this isn't the first time i subscribed for their new data plan but it seems they have followed the footsteps of Airtel and Glo to zap data or maybe what happened to me is a network issue as some are complaining about the new data plans.

But why will these networks entice us with low cost for a high bundle plan. When i used airtel 9gb for N3,500 i nearly broke my airtel sim card with anger as it didn't last up to 2 weeks without any sort of downloads. Am afraid etisalat might soon join the trend.

MTN if you are offering 1.5gb for N1000 or 3.5GB data for N2000, let it be real. Not 600mb in disguise of 1.5gb or 1.2gb in disguise of 3.5GB data.

Airtel if you are offering 10gb data for N5000, let it be real not 4gb in disguise of 10gb data

Etisalat i hope you guys don't follow this trend as I'm planning to fully port to etisalat because of this issue.

they sold air for you
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by dapsonlou(m): 9:17pm On May 22, 2016
Icecomrade:

Ntel is offering 10,000 unlimited data for 1 month.

What do you guys think.
Better?

Have you try their service? Am waiting on review before the trying it
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by toprealman: 9:19pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:
I decided to write this because i think this issue of our network providers deceiving us with their fake data plans is getting out of hand.

I will say this this started with airtel Nigeria, transferred to Glo and now mtn. Why won't they be straight forward and be truthful with their data plans, airtel will tell you you can get 10gb data at the price of N3500(example), but in the true sense it is 4gb for N4000 with their DATA ZAPPING.

Glo followed suite with Glo blackberry plan which normally last longer but now you can't use Glo blackberry plan for 3 weeks. Then the one freaking me out is MTN NOW ZAPS DATA. I'm still trying to figure out how 3.5gb data that i subscribed last two weeks Sunday without downloading or updating my apps, is now remaining 266mb right now.

Mtn are not known to zap data and this isn't the first time i subscribed for their new data plan but it seems they have followed the footsteps of Airtel and Glo to zap data or maybe what happened to me is a network issue as some are complaining about the new data plans.

But why will these networks entice us with low cost for a high bundle plan. When i used airtel 9gb for N3,500 i nearly broke my airtel sim card with anger as it didn't last up to 2 weeks without any sort of downloads. Am afraid etisalat might soon join the trend.

MTN if you are offering 1.5gb for N1000 or 3.5GB data for N2000, let it be real. Not 600mb in disguise of 1.5gb or 1.2gb in disguise of 3.5GB data.

Airtel if you are offering 10gb data for N5000, let it be real not 4gb in disguise of 10gb data

Etisalat i hope you guys don't follow this trend as I'm planning to fully port to etisalat because of this issue.

similar story, 3G on Friday.....less than 700MB left as at typing this msg....ON A SUNDAY!!!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Xoft(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:

Can't stop laughing. You wouldn't wanna try to see how Etisalat zap data.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ThimmyWood(m): 9:21pm On May 22, 2016
Like seriously, MTN "money thiefing network" is a thief. imagine! I subscribed to their 1.5gb data plan only for me to use it for just 4 days and it stopped working except during the night. I called their customer care today only for them to tell me that they've moved me to night plan. I send them? not only that, the last time I checked, the data balance was 1.3gb only for me to check today and it remains 800mb with no heavy download just Facebook, nairaland and my mail.
Truly truly, MTN is a thiefing and an unreliable network. I think we need an online platform that can project our voice for us to register our displeasure.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by itsmaleekbaby(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2016
you are right guy. I'm just wondering how my (Visafone MTN) 3.5gb will just zap like that without major downloads. including 11,800 disappearing from my account balance. I'm on my way to their office in Maitama Abuja to cause trouble.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Ranchhoddas: 9:32pm On May 22, 2016
2dugged:
my Etisalat 1gig only lasted two weeks without update of any.app or download, glo network disappears and reappears like wiliwili, airtel doesn't even come up at all,so am stuck with Etisalat, they are far worse than glo
lol@wiliwili network
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by pragidso: 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
mtn said because the are in a new plan the prevented me from finishing my night n day plan which was remaining more than 2gb close to 3gig I called them all through this week the refused to resolve it. I just quietly join airtel wether d are good or not I would remain for now.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by xcesspower: 10:06pm On May 22, 2016
Airtel 3g for 1500 is the worst, am confused on which network to use cos am a heavy data user....kindly advice me

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by OMOBABAYEMI: 10:09pm On May 22, 2016
Fraud@its peak especially hemtn&glow_ if the Network business is not paying them then they should packup. I am just tired of all this fraud! If its not illigal credit deduction, its data fraud... Just sick of them. NCC pls Help.(hope those ones have not been collecting bribe whill suscribers suffer)
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ceecia(f): 10:42pm On May 22, 2016
The only way you get value for your money is when you buy data from resellers. I have used both data directly from the network and from data share retailers and I calculated and discovered there is usually a huge difference.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by seangy4konji: 12:01am On May 23, 2016
God bless you my brother.my whatsapp does not even connect during the day at time.s. Or bbm messenger. I have to trek some meters all around the neighborhood looking for network. Still crap.most of my friends who uses Airtel stay in one place and there phone is still browsing nonstop. I think Airtel is way to go.
dumo1:
Glo should be shot in the head their network is just CRAP. just to download and send pictures on watsapp takes light years. I am porting back to airtel (SPEEDO) at least I was using speed of light before I decided to try glo out.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by akorebami(m): 12:24am On May 23, 2016
Perhaps I will have to hold on a bit to make some clarification before I do my own Mtn Sub of N1,000 for 1.5gb. I don't want to waste my money o. I was buying from those share and sell before and the one I bought last is about to finish. I have just less than 40mb left. What do I do now because I can only use Mtn?
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Nobody: 12:57am On May 23, 2016
seangy4konji:
God bless you my brother.my whatsapp does not even connect during the day at time.s. Or bbm messenger. I have to trek some meters all around the neighborhood looking for network. Still crap.most of my friends who uses Airtel stay in one place and there phone is still browsing nonstop. I think Airtel is way to go.
Bros I tell you it can be so irritating sometimes. Better I stay without subscription than use glo ever again. When my bundle expires the simcard is going into my dustbin Pronto.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by bryan360: 2:31am On May 23, 2016
OCTAVO:
Well, check my signature for data plans with accurate data cap.
all dis data guys..una fake pass APC
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by DedeNkem: 4:00am On May 23, 2016
Network providers in Nigeria are thieves! They steal with impunity because Nigerians don't care of you're cheating them..

There's a good reason Nigeria is fantastically corrupt because the suffering masses don't just care!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Chuksworld(m): 5:35am On May 23, 2016
It time for Nigerians to patronise we the data resellers. Our own is usually complete. Locate any good reseller. I'm one though

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ceecia(f): 7:07am On May 23, 2016
xcesspower:
Airtel 3g for 1500 is the worst, am confused on which network to use cos am a heavy data user....kindly advice me
Airtel is still ok that is if you buy data from data share resellers. i used that 3GB for #1500 and the truth is what they give you is usually not up to 2Gb. I am also a heavy data consumer. Ever since i started using data from data share,I have had no cause to complain because what I use is what I paid for. You can just try buying data from resellers and calculate how much data you use from your phone. check my signature and whatsapp me.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ceecia(f): 7:10am On May 23, 2016
akorebami:
Perhaps I will have to hold on a bit to make some clarification before I do my own Mtn Sub of N1,000 for 1.5gb. I don't want to waste my money o. I was buying from those share and sell before and the one I bought last is about to finish. I have just less than 40mb left. What do I do now because I can only use Mtn?
Trust me,you don't want to do that Mtn 1.5GB data. I'll advice to just continue buying from share and sell. It will pay you at the long run cause MTN won't give you complete 15GB.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by mindtricks: 7:24am On May 23, 2016
Why fake data? Because we're living fake lives here in Nigeria. Almost everything we use here is fake and we "prefer" it that way.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by OCTAVO: 8:06am On May 23, 2016
bryan360:
all dis data guys..una fake pass APC
You are advised to withdraw such negative remark. Why fill up your mind with negativity?? Just in case you don't know I started selling data here on nairaland first in 2013. I'm not even sure I've transacted with you before. It's not a must to comment my brother! You could have just simply passed. wink
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by bryan360: 8:39am On May 23, 2016
OCTAVO:

You are advised to withdraw such negative remark. Why fill up your mind with negativity?? Just in case you don't know I started selling data here on nairaland first in 2013. I'm not even sure I've transacted with you before. It's not a must to comment my brother! You could have just simply passed. wink
lad..i v bn scammed a myriad number of times..2k..1500k..3k..all didnt send d data i paid for
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by greatman247(m): 9:19am On May 23, 2016
wordychap:
Its d economy bro, its d economy!

Don't tag the economy to this at all. Its not the economy they are simply thieves from the onset especially MTN.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by OCTAVO: 11:13am On May 23, 2016
bryan360:
lad..i v bn scammed a myriad number of times..2k..1500k..3k..all didnt send d data i paid for
Well, I understand how you feel. Maybe you opted for extremely cheap data plans. If it's extremely too cheap, run!!!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Eejay254(m): 12:45pm On May 23, 2016
I don't know for you guys but the New Mtn rocks... Their data plan lasts unlike airtel's and the speed can kill. Dunno what some people are saying about 1.5gb capped at 500mb.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by myrax7(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2016
dumo1:
Glo should be shot in the head their network is just CRAP. just to download and send pictures on watsapp takes light years. I am porting back to airtel (SPEEDO) at least I was using speed of light before I decided to try glo out.

Bro since Friday I can't make calls take more to browse with my glo line just because it has been raining then I just wonder, what will happen to Glo is there is a tsunami in Nigeria?

Glo fall my hand,if just rain fit affect phone calls for 4 days...
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by OMOBABAYEMI: 1:11pm On May 23, 2016
MTN Pls STOP disturbing my phone Line with +33592
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by akorebami(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2016
[quote author=ceecia post=45882843]
Trust me,you don't want to do that Mtn 1.5GB data. I'll advice to just continue buying from share and sell. It will pay you at the long run cause MTN won't give you complete 15GB. I have done it already this morning. I will be monitoring it to see what happens with it. Thanks though.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by akorebami(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2016
I have done it already this morning. I will be monitoring it to see what happens with it. Thanks though.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by chidiandre(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2016
my data lasts very well to the fact that mtn sent me a message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Places Where You Could Charge Your Phone... / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today. / Yahoo Messenger And Hotmail Messenger On Wap Without Software Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.