Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal (45361 Views)

Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Islie: 3:27am On May 22, 2016
Bayo Akinloye

Popular Nigerian pastor, Sunday Adelaja’s church is currently enmeshed in an adultery scandal following allegations that he had extramarital affairs with at least 20 women in his church.

Adelaja, founder of one of Europe’s largest churches, Embassy of the Blessed Kingdom of God for All Nations Church in Kiev, Ukraine, is now under fire to step down as the spiritual head of the church.

The pastor however denied all allegations levelled against him, saying it is an attempt by some people to take over the church from him.

“That is not true at all; I have read what people are saying about me. The funny thing is that nobody asked me for any information; no interview was granted to anyone,” he told SUNDAY PUNCH in an email.

In a statement on its website, the Russian Union of Christians Evangelical Faith stated that Adelaja, at a meeting of pastors and board of elders of the church, confessed to having committed adultery with his female parishioners and that he had repented.

According to a letter posted on the website of the Spiritual Council Russian Union of Christians Evangelical Faith (Pentecostals), written by one Apostle Toff Ulissis, a clergyman said to be providing spiritual care to the Nigerian pastor, Adelaja was urged to “seek psychiatric help in Kiev and the United States.”

Ulissis said, “Pastor Sunday mentioned that he had a relationship with 20 or 30 women; probably, the number was more than he could remember. Also, I talked with many women (married and unmarried), as well as with their husbands, and they shared with me their pain and described how the pastor manipulates people, who work for him. All the stories were equally horrific, disgusting and depressing. People are very sorry about the current situation with the pastor and wanted him to have psychiatric help.

“I made it clear that my aim is not to destroy either the Embassy of God, because many people have found help in the church or Pastor Sunday as a person. I wanted to make sure that everything has been done to these women and the couples have received care, reconciliation and redeeming restoration.”

Also, a bishop in Adelaja’s church, Anatoly Belonozhko, has resigned from the church, saying the embattled pastor was not willing to seek help.

“We, as church elders, began to create new projects and exercises to heal and restore the church, a new structure, and of course, help our pastor. But Pastor Sunday in writing categorically rejected our help, humiliating us and saying that we have no power to tell him what to do and how to do it and that he knows how and what to do.

“For 22 years in the Church of the Embassy of God, of which 14 years in the rank of bishop, I have always been faithful and responsible before God and people for their service. Taking this opportunity, I want to refute the lie that I knew of pastor’s sin for a long time. I found out about the moral fall of Pastor Sunday in the middle of December 2015 through the pastors of the Apostolic Council. After I learned about it, I talked to Pastor Sunday, trying to help. Remaining in the church in the most difficult time for all of us to save and restore the church and souls of men. But as I understand it, the pastor does not need my help,” Belonozhko said.

Debunking all allegations against him, Adelaja stated, “It is actually an old story that was cooked up by some disgruntled members of my leadership team when they knew of my decision to hand over the church because of my plan to return to Africa.

“So, it’s a leadership tussle from those whose desires for church leadership were not granted. I’m happy with my wife. The church here in Ukraine is doing well. So I thank God that their stories though believed by some without confirmation is still false nevertheless.”

http://punchng.com/adultery-scandal-rocks-pastor-sunday-adelajas-church/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by madridguy(m): 3:49am On May 22, 2016
Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Nobody: 4:33am On May 22, 2016
hmmm ONLY GOD knows the truth, but one thing i believe that The pastor is in for a greater reward and blessing if this allegations are false becaus its a trial of his faith and the people bearing false witness against him should start preparing their own casket, becaus judgement must be given for conspiring against his annointing. like i said ONLY GOD knows the truth.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Nobody: 4:50am On May 22, 2016
No step down anything Na ur church. Cheaters can hang on with u like them doing with one of very renowned miracle workers here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by olumide81(m): 5:19am On May 22, 2016
issues like this gives me every reason to regret why I collected that fruit from eve.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by greatgod2012(f): 5:25am On May 22, 2016
Only God knows the truth.
I will not be found saying what I did not see or I'm not sure of.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Cutehector(m): 6:20am On May 22, 2016
If na reverend father dey dis kyn mess na, u will not see people saying things like this.
greatgod2012:
Only God knows the truth.
I will not be found saying what I did not see or I'm not sure of.
SAINTSAMURAI:
hmmm ONLY GOD knows the truth, but one thing i believe that The pastor is in for a greater reward and blessing if this allegations are false becaus its a trial of his faith and the people bearing false witness against him should start preparing their own casket, becaus judgement must be given for conspiring against his annointing. like i said ONLY GOD knows the truth.
they will be like, na so. Hiding behind white cloth.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Nobody: 6:24am On May 22, 2016
So sad, women and pastors. Pastors and women.

They always want to pull both parties down.

Be careful!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by femicyrus(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2016
jcmaiah:
No step down anything Na ur church. Cheaters can hang on with u like them doing with one of very renowned miracle workers here.
white men that brought Christianity to African are saying your pastor needs help.
don't you think you need help also?

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by femicyrus(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2016
I know a man in rccg they call pastor who is married with 3 kids.
he is very good in motivating people to pray at the top of their voice
he goes to deliverance ministration with his girlfriend that pose as a gospel singer while his wife stays at home.
the elders always celebrate him although they do not know of his secret life meanwhile they care not to know so far he is 'fire brand'

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Zico5(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2016
Many parasites disguising as God's ministers. I wonder how some of them are living knowing fully well u re deceiving urself and sinning against God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Smartsyn(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2016
The pastor didn't deny the allegation, he's just saying that it's an old news..

But pastor you try oo, you done reach 20 or 30(he no sure sef) when I'm still struggling with No 6..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by BL3zzY(f): 9:09am On May 22, 2016
pastor pastor
grin

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by osaslord500(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2016
Pastors and hypocrisy is just like bread and butter, if I no con go church dey will be like ‘brother Osas you have been skipping church, why? ’

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Proffdada: 9:10am On May 22, 2016
E no reach Bill Cosby
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by kingthreat(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2016
If it were fellow Nigerians accusing him, i will take his side. But this time around, it is the pentecostal church of Russia. Let this man seek help on how to keep his zippers up.
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Nobody: 9:11am On May 22, 2016
The ministry is moving
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by holadguy(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2016
Why won't that happened when some members both male and female has turned their pastor to God, some even take them more serious than Jesus!.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2016
Any church with d name embassy in it dey always get one scandal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by firstolalekan(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2016
cry cry

Chai cry
I know know the difference between pastors and studs this days sad

PASTORS; SEX WITH MEMBER'S WIVES, RAPE & JUJU

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by meeky007(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2016
LOL'
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by oluwamile(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2016
it is well...who am I accuse or condemn him wen I no c am dey do am

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Nobody: 9:14am On May 22, 2016
If they are happy with you there come to Africa we would receive you with open arms. End time accusers
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Lattop(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2016
Na only 20 naw e nevr much jare Pastor keep on rocking johrgrin
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by Olukokosir(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2016
Reasons why sum niggas no dey go church b dz...

pastors bleeping church members

Who m I to judge ??

#the above poster, ao much is congo garri In ur area jooo
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by wiloy2k8(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by 4nobody4every1: 9:16am On May 22, 2016
Hmmmmmm sad sad
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by sergiolefty(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2016
End time pastor ;DEnd time pastor
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by ibkgab001: 9:17am On May 22, 2016
Pastor wire
Re: Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal by talktonase(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2016
Cutehector:
If na reverend father dey dis kyn mess na, u will not see people saying things like this.they will be like, na so. Hiding behind white cloth.
Idolizing such person like they are not made of flesh and blood.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Prostitute Confesses To Killing 100 Men And Rendering 70 Impotent / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.