Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review (4702 Views)

Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review Video / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review / My Tecno L8plus Just Hanged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by dukeo(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
I just looked up the HTC one M8 phone.

The only cute thing about the device is the platform it runs on.
Snapdragon, Adreno, Quad core, upgradable to 6.0.

It is not even a double Sim phone to begin with.
4MP camera.
2600mAh battery
smh.

I expected something that's made in heaven.

I'll like to correct you so you don't say such a thing outside and get embarrassed especially around geeks which I'm not.

For starters, the phone has a dual sim variant.
Secondly it has a dual 4mp rear camera setup that takes better photos than all the tecno phones you've probably seen.
Lastly, I think the Tecno W4 comes packed with a 2500mah battery.

FYI, I'm not a fan of all these expensive phones nor a hater of tecno but I think there are things that when compared seems like cheating one of the brands. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the new generation tecno phones.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 7:29am On May 24, 2016
dukeo:

I'll like to correct you so you don't say such a thing outside and get embarrassed especially around geeks which I'm not.

Secondly it has a dual 4mp rear camera setup that takes better photos than all the tecno phones you've probably seen.

FYI, I'm not a fan of all these expensive phones nor a hater of tecno but I think there are things that when compared seems like cheating. Peace

Another cheap propaganda of course.
The person I quoted mentioned HTC one M8. Meanwhile thank you for bringing the dual variant to my knowledge.
Asides the 2GB RAM and 8MP camera, there's nothing interesting. The KitKat OS is a big turn off.

Call a spade a spade.
There is no way the camera quality of a 13MP camera or 16MP camera of say Tecno (boom j8) or Infinix (hot 3) can be compared to a 4MP camera. Even if it likes, let it be quadruple 4MPs grin

The phone you are talking of is a 4.4 KitKat phone.
It is not upgradeable.
I don't even want to start pasting user opinions here.

The bottom line is that each phone has its on point and off point.
It is now left for the consumer to make his choice based on informed opinion if he has access to such.

But badmouthing me and my device just to make yours look better is not tolerable.
It is my money. It is my decision as well, capisce?

Oh, BTW, Tecno W4 has made me a proud Tecno fan too. No denying thatwink
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by dukeo(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Another cheap propaganda of course.
The person I quoted mentioned HTC one M8. Meanwhile thank you for bringing the dual variant to my knowledge.
Asides the 2GB RAM and 8MP camera, there's nothing interesting. The KitKat OS is a big turn off.

Call a spade a spade.
There is no way the camera quality of a 13MP camera or 16MP camera of say Tecno (boom j8) or Infinix (hot 3) can be compared to a 4MP camera. Even if it likes, let it be quadruple 4MPs grin

The phone you are talking of is a 4.4 KitKat phone.
It is not upgradeable.
I don't even want to start pasting user opinions here.

The bottom line is that each phone has its on point and off point.
It is now left for the consumer to make his choice based on informed opinion if he has access to such.

But badmouthing me and my device just to make yours look better is not tolerable.
It is my money. It is my decision as well, capisce?

Oh, BTW, Tecno W4 has made me a proud Tecno fan too. No denying thatwink

True concerning the on and off point thing but I still doubt you believe that megapixels has nothing to do with picture quality /clarity. Apple proved it, HTC proved it, Huawei proved it.

Personally I'll pick a tecno over the HTC one M8 but fact still remains that the HTC kills it performance wise (camera etc)
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 9:17am On May 24, 2016
dukeo:

True concerning the on and off point thing but I still doubt you believe that megapixels has nothing to do with picture quality /clarity. Apple proved it, HTC proved it, Huawei proved it.

Personally I'll pick a tecno over the HTC one M8 but fact still remains that the HTC kills it performance wise (camera etc)

Well, I think it's overboard to say that the HTC one M8 dual Sim variant's camera supercedes that of every Tecno device out there.

I have seen that of Tecno's latest range of devices, till I see that of M8, no further comments.

The best of a snapdragon chipset would likely be better than the best of an MTK chipset. That is the edge Samsung and co might have. But Tecno fills the void by using the best of mtk chipsets and AFFORDABILITY.

Now, the catch is that, it is only me and you who is tech savvy that realise this difference. Most people don't.

An African is more likely to be concerned about price than the platform a device runs on.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by dukeo(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Well, I think it's overboard to say that the HTC one M8 dual Sim variant's camera supercedes that of every Tecno device out there.

I have seen that of Tecno's latest range of devices, till I see that of M8, no further comments.

The best of a snapdragon chipset would likely be better than the best of an MTK chipset. That is the edge Samsung and co might have. But Tecno fills the void by using the best of mtk chipsets and AFFORDABILITY.

Now, the catch is that, it is only me and you who is tech savvy that realise this difference. Most people don't.

An African is more likely to be concerned about price than the platform a device runs on.

Well argued,

And that'll be best until you lay your hands on the M8.

Meanwhile , I'll pick mtk over snapdragon anyday.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Xhaka(m): 10:07am On May 24, 2016
But whats the difference between l8 and l8 plus?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by MizMyColi(f): 10:13am On May 24, 2016
dukeo:

Well argued,

And that'll be best until you lay your hands on the M8.

Meanwhile , I'll pick mtk over snapdragon anyday.

Why?
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2016
dukeo:

Talking of dual cameras - I'll rather go for the upcoming Huawei P9 or P9plus fitted with dual cameras from LEICA (one RGB, the other a monochrome) not to talk of other mean features it comes equipped with.
dukeo:

FYI, I'm not a fan of all these expensive phones nor a hater of tecno but I think there are things that when compared seems like cheating one of the brands.
Same here but would become a fan of any expensive toy whose features justifies its quid. By cheating, I know you are must be referring to Samsung in particular. Right ?

dukeo:
Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the new generation tecno phones.
Exactly my point with this review article but nonetheless, until Tecno grazes the list-page of authoritative mobile phone review sites like GSMArena, they shall remain "champion of the toilet" to borrow from Undisputed III movie.

MizMyColi:

There is no way the camera quality of a 13MP camera or 16MP camera of say Tecno (boom j8) or Infinix (hot 3) can be compared to a 4MP camera. Even if it likes, let it be quadruple 4MPs
Sweetheart, it is ill-match to compare and equate the megapixel claimed for C and D-class phones (Tecno, Infinix, Xiaomi, iTel, Gionee etc) with those of A-class phones (Nokia, Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, Blackberry etc) as most of the C and D class phones capture quality are aided with software interpolation.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 10:54am On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Why?

As said here

Do you know only here in Nigeria does MTK fitted Android devices appears to be advantageous over non-MTK Android phones ? For instance - in respect to the proper functioning of certain .APKs and connectivity.

And more also because

MTK provides leeway for all sorts of tinkering from rooting, tweaking, app altering, forbidden accessing.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by dukeo(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Why?

Easy manipulation because I'll know what to do with my android phone if whatever happens to it by myself.

Secondly it's a bang for the buck.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by BolajiChang: 2:21pm On May 24, 2016
By the way, everyone has got a choice. People tend to go for what they like
driand:
if you're not a novice you won't compare iPhone 6 to HTC one M8,
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by BolajiChang: 2:24pm On May 24, 2016
So you are seriously saying Xiaomi is a C class phone!
ghostofsparta:

Talking of dual cameras - I'll rather go for the upcoming Huawei P9 or P9plus fitted with dual cameras from LEICA (one RGB, the other a monochrome) not to talk of other mean features it comes equipped with.

Same here but would become a fan of any expensive toy whose features justifies its quid. By cheating, I know you are must be referring to Samsung in particular. Right ?

Exactly my point with this review article but nonetheless, until Tecno grazes the list-page of authoritative mobile phone review sites like GSMArena, they shall remain "champion of the toilet" to borrow from Undisputed III movie.

Sweetheart, it is ill-match to compare and equate the megapixel claimed for C and D-class phones (Tecno, Infinix, Xiaomi, iTel, Gionee etc) with those of A-class phones (Nokia, Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, Blackberry etc) as most of the C and D class phones capture quality are aided with software interpolation.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by Themonster: 2:30pm On May 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
I just looked up the HTC one M8 phone.

The only cute thing about the device is the platform it runs on.
Snapdragon, Adreno, Quad core, upgradable to 6.0.

It is not even a double Sim phone to begin with.
4MP camera.
2600mAh battery
smh.

I expected something that's made in heaven.

i hope you know it's not 4mp you're thinking about
4mp about grin that's ultra pixel

The Ultrapixel 4-megapixel sensor measures one-third of an inch, which is the same size as the sensors found in phones such as the 8-megapixel iPhone 5 or Nokia Lumia 920. HTC's gambit is that fewer megapixels on the same-size sensor means each individual pixel is larger, and therefore lets in more light and produces better photos in low-light conditions.

-Cnet

btw
tecno got it right on l8+ thinking of getting it soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by ghostofsparta(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2016
Themonster:

tecno got it right on l8+ thinking of getting it soon
Trust me it's a nice release from Tecno. Downside is no temper glass protector available for it in the market. So users should be handle with care because a cracked screen would be costly and may take a long while to obtain from Tecno office.
Re: Tecno L8plus - A Quick Review by teemac01(m): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2017
ghostofsparta:
Trust me it's a nice release from Tecno. Downside is no temper glass protector available for it in the market. So users should be handle with care because a cracked screen would be costly and may take a long while to obtain from Tecno office.

boss please is there an off chance i can get your number...want to discuss something of importance with you.if not i will really appreciate it if you can give me a means of contact so i can contact you.thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GTA Liberty City Stories For Android Now On The Play Store Free Download!!! / Having Problems With MTN BIS On Android / How To Get 7gb On Mtn Fro Just 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.