Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria (53197 Views)

Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges / Profiling The Beauty Of Lagos: The Sights And The Sounds / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by feldido(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2016
Seunpaul01:

Where exactly?

Check my previous posts.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Oslim(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2016
Omo powerline in osogbo is super,nt all that jakujaku powerline oo

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by amagunnerfan: 9:03pm On May 23, 2016
ziggymelosky:
Ahmadiyya area is situated just after Abule Egba bustop in Lagos.If you are passing along Abule Egba -Sango expressway,it is the 3rd bus stop after Abule Egba.It is on both sides of the the road.They are connected on 32 kva power line.Not to be exaggerating the area has constant light of about 22 hrs in a day.Some days they dont take light.Even if they take light it doesnt last upto 10 to15 mins before power is restored,Even with the epileptic supply of light in the country light there is vey stable.Most interesting the cost of electricity is normal like any other place.
When I was relocating from Alakuko, my friend told me to move to Ahmadiya, saying the light eas very good. I guess he was saying the truth. Wish I had listened.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by NwaAnambra(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2016
Osogbo has the one of the best power supply in Nigeria. Dada estate has almost 24hrs electricity no exegeration.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by rhektor(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2016
Sleekydee:
beht that place is kinda dirty small sha, used to know there when I was much younger staying at meiran estate, hope they hv cleaned it up now.

That meran estate is much more dirtier than ahmadiyah. If you doubt me check Beckley Estate and Runsewe estate both in ahmadiyah. They are the best around abule-egba /agbado-ijaye.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by MissRomantic(f): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
feldido:

Rumuibgo new housing layout to Upth... Anyway it cos we are attached to the federal line serving upth.
That is line 33? I stay around Chinda and we use the same federal line but it's not so exceptional. There's light now tho.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by tosinjay(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
This is wah oo... wey we see light as gold here. Generating sets for midnight be like heavy choir practice everywhere. Why can't there be equality in this country huh.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by NomzyJust(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
One of many reasons is that the area is sparsely populated.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
nepapole:
Powerline(osogbo) is much better. Do your research well op.

I concur. Many houses around that area don't have a gen.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by aspirebig: 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
That area hold up has no part 2.

From toll gate to Oshodi on that road, you can spend 2 hours or more. In Nigeria, I think Abuja, not FCT is the only place I witnessed 22 to 23hours electricity .

Though, there are many other areas with good electricity. Before making such claim, how many local governments has the op lived in Nigeria? I am not even taking of how many states or how many cities .....

It is funny for someone to stay in that outskirt of Lagos and make such claims.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Eze2000(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2016
in my area Ojo Alaba' Lagos we get 15 mins of uninterrupted power supply daily.

some weeks nothing. but we always pay anywhere.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by unitysheart(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2016
aspirebig:
That area hold up has no part 2.

From toll gate to Oshodi to on thst road is terrible. In Nigeria, I think Abuja, not FCT is the only place I witnessed 22 to 23hours electricity .

There are many other areas with good electricity. Before making such claim, how many local governments has the op lived in Nigeria? I am not even taking of how many states or how cities .....

It is funny for someone to stay in that outskirt of Lagos and make such claims.

Make he go Egbe in ikotun and see light there. Na electric cooker people dey use sef.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Hafyz23(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2016
Oga o. Here,you would see people running once the PHCN decide to bring light.No dulling,charging of gadgets like phones,laptops,power banks,bluetooth,torchlight,fan,pressing of xmas/sallah clothes from May and the bill na wire. All hail Ilorin,d city of darkness.... Gov fatai does nothing here bcoz our leader is having issues in court.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Daspecialone: 9:10pm On May 23, 2016
The guy is saying the truth, but Amadiya experienced a year and half power outage in 2006-2007 because of a burnt transformer by some participate recycling factories then, but before then, I haven't see any place like Amadiya in term of steady power supply..... Even better than Osun,
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by NORSIYK(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2016
Lol, just mere 22 hours steady light makes it the highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria. Here in bonny island am residing can't remember the last time the took light, if l can remember it should be fabuary and it didn't take up to 20 minutes they brought it back
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by MissRomantic(f): 9:12pm On May 23, 2016
Slikbae:
And I thought Omoku was a village. but why are they killing people there?
Lol.. Omoku is a real city with every social amenity you could think of.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by holaralph(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2016
Am sure this unbridled tongue op will always take to NL whenever he finished bedmatic job with his wife or girl friend........ A man with little brain or no brain
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Spandy(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Even in afaha ube itam, along Ikot ekpene road,uyo, we experience readily steady power supply
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by stifej: 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Very wrong assertion by the OP, ever been to Redemption camp? they have constant power supply and the power is generated right in the camp. they have a 10Mega- watt turbine that generates electricity. it is really a country on its own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
MissRomantic:
It's like that in Omoku and Egbema.

Are you from there.
I'm from Akabuka
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by banme1(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
nepapole:
Powerline(osogbo) is much better. Do your research well op.
even odi olowo
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by Hopez456(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
Ijagba, a town directly behind Obasanjo farm in Otta Sango ogun state is not left out. Areas around This place; Lafenwa, Itele etc also enjoy constant power supply.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by sonnie10: 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
Appointedtime14:
True! It has been like that for years now. The Light goes directly to Obasanjo's Ota Farm in Ogun state.

Small farmers would then think that they can compete with source farms by running generator. We are yet to discover the actual people sabotaging power generation in Nigeria. Don't even remind me of the $16B for power generation during OBJ's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by feldido(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
MissRomantic:
That is line 33? I stay around Chinda and we use the same federal line but it's not so exceptional. There's light now tho.

I don't knw what they call it, but it's always on.
The reason I can't move out of my area, though it's one of the most expensive places to live in port Harcourt.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
You've just sent advert to d power sucking demons to invade your transformer
Exactly! Like when I started talking about how good power was in my area,that was when the militants now started blowing pipelines and to worsen it,our transfer now developed fault.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by 01Mysticdon(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2016
MissRomantic:
Lol.. Omoku is a real city with every social amenity you could think of.

The cult war hasn't ended yet bah
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by magicfingers009: 9:16pm On May 23, 2016
feldido:
Here in Portharcourt, it's been dis way for over many years, we enjoy an average of 20-22 hrs of power everyday except for some obvious reasons.
Where in Port Harcourt? Amadi can't boast of that amount of hours
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by mrlycan: 9:19pm On May 23, 2016
The list doesn't stop there. I live at Christland in Ondo Town. Ask anyone to direct you to FFF estate. If light goes off, just give it 5 minutes top, we have light like 23 hours 30 minutes in a day. Accommodation is scarce here, some house get paid for even before completion due to competition.
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by tosinjay(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2016
Eze2000:
in my area Ojo Alaba' Lagos we get 15 mins of uninterrupted power supply daily.

some weeks nothing. but we always pay anywhere.
Bros you're very funny. I thought you were gonna say you people have light a lot. I just dey laugh for hia reading that. For my area na when you see light you take am like you see am sha and bill is steady, any delay payment is a prompt disconnection
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 9:22pm On May 23, 2016
d only tin osogbo good at na light oo.***omo i enjoy everi bit of my stay in osogbo back to back, aiyetoro precisely
Re: Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria by MissRomantic(f): 9:23pm On May 23, 2016
01Mysticdon:

Are you from there. I'm from Akabuka
Yeahh.. iRep Mgbede.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) / The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Map Of Most Dangerous Countries To Travel To In The World, See Nigeria's Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.