Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Original Nigerian Inhabitants? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Original Nigerian Inhabitants? (3058 Views)

DNA Evidence Proves That Black Africans Were China's First Inhabitants / Nsibidi: The Original Nigerian Writing Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by AloyEmeka6: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
Which ethnic group/s is/are the original inhabitants of Nigeria before the Igbo, Yoruba and hausa immigrants came?

1 Like

Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by Ikengawo: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
I read somewhere that the Igbo have 'been there the longest' of all the tribes and their origins are unknown.
But in the time of Egypt the inhabitants were the ancient Nok civilization which many believe to have split into the igbo and yoruba but most likely the yoruba cause of the similarities in bronzes.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by AloyEmeka6: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2009
What of Bini kingdom?. I heard its the oldest in Nigeria.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by Ikengawo: 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2009
Bini kingdom was after the Nok civilization in Jos, so no. and even before Benin was Ife Ife
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by AloyEmeka6: 12:55am On Aug 26, 2009
Ok
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by AndreUweh(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2009
Nri kingdom was the first founded in Nigeria. Then followed by the Ife,Bini and Igala kingdoms.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2009
That does not make Nri the first inhabitants. If I remember correctly, Nri came upon people who were already there.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by AndreUweh(m): 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
Nri may not be the first inhabitants. Yes I agree with You ChinenyeN but they established the first Kingdom in Nigeria.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
Oh ok.
Re: Original Nigerian Inhabitants? by blackspade(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
Really interesting stuff, thanks guys.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Say These Words In --- Language / The Igbo Language: A Complete Methodology For Word Creation In Any Area / Top 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.