Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Michael Jackson's Kids Identities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson's Kids Identities (4190 Views)

Peter Okoye Imitating Michael Jackson At 14 (Pictures) / Michael Jackson's Chaotic Bedroom In Unseen Photos: / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson's Kids Identities by mamagee6(f): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Why are people being so ignorant by saying they are not his kids because they are white when mariah carey is half black but she looks white to me, she even has the hair of a full white woman.

Mark lester claims to be her father but he's pale just like Debbie Rowe and paris has Olive skin, so how can two white people give birth to an Olive skin girl, and why is everyone talking as if they are certain because they believe what the media tells them, are we forgetting that it's the same media that made us into believing michael Jackson bleached his skin because he hated being black.

Here's a half-black mariah carey

Re: Michael Jackson's Kids Identities by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
Mariah Carey's father

he looks biracial, imo.

Venezuelan dad, African American mum.

like many other Latinos/Hispanics, she's mixed.
Re: Michael Jackson's Kids Identities by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
more info on mariah Carey's dad:

Recently, through a series of events that combined love, success, and tragedy, Mariah began to search for her Venezuelan roots and, ultimately, her answers to these questions.

"My father was mostly African American, and his father was Venezuelan. But we don't know if he was Venezuelan and white or Venezuelan and black." Mariah says of the twisting branches of her father's family tree. "We're confused."

For Mariah, life has been a series of separations and reunions that either fill in gaps of her background or create new ones. In addition to the feuding between her mother and grandparents, Mariah's father and his father were also estranged. "I didn't meet my paternal grandfather until I was about 6 years old because my father's parents divorced when he was a little boy. He was raised by his mother, Addie, who was African American," she relates.

Growing up in Harlem and the Bronx, New York, Alfred Roy identified more with his African American side. "But as he got older," Mariah recounts, "he wanted to investigate more of every aspect of what he was. That's when he started on his quest to trace his roots."

It was daunting project from the start. "My father just told me a story this past year," Mariah says. "We had always thought that 'Carey' was a name that my grandfather made up. But what we found out is that my great-grandmother Margarita Nunez was with a man named Carey. They weren't married, but my grandfather took his name because he was actually his father." Adding to the mystery was Mr. Carey's lineage: "Apparently he had red hair and freckles, but he could've been black or white. We just don't know."

Family history is often passed down through storytelling and folklore, but occasionally memories blur with time. "My grandfather would tell stories about his childhood in Venezuela, but they changed from time to time because he was young when he came here," Mariah says wistfully.

Of course, there's a lot of hard work involved in maintaining Mariah's diva status - and that means traveling the world to perform, do interviews, meet adoring fans, and participate in fund-raisers such as Teleton 2002: Juntos Haremos el Milagro, a fund-raising concert in Mexico to benefit children with disabilities in Latin America. A diva, however, can choose where she wants to go. "I was going to be near Venezuela on a promotional trip, so I asked to make a stop, Mariah says. "I wanted to experience what it felt like to be there."

It was quite a journey. Though she's never visited the country before, the Venezuelan people greeted her with banners hailing her arrival "home." "They were so welcoming," she says, deeply moved. "They said they were so glad to have me there."

Her fellow Venezuelans were so eager to help Mariah trace her family that a TV show ran a contest for anyone who had information about Mariah's grandfather. It was a nice idea that backfired. "My grandfather was an elderly man who passed away about seven years ago, and guys who were about 40 years old were showing up saying, 'I'm Mariah Carey's grandfather!'"

More successful was a trip to the town where Mariah's great-grandmother Margarita Nunez was born. "We did some extensive research and discovered some people who may be related to my grandfather. I talked to anyone who might have more information because my father had found researching his family tree particularly on the Venezuelan side," Mariah sighs. "The way he was, it kind of took him a long time to get around to doing things like that."

Mariah was able to her father about the trip to the town, the information she'd discovered, and the connection she felt to Venezuela before Alfred Roy passed away last summer, on July 4 - and yet another link within the family was lost.

http://www.mariahdaily.com/infozone/magazines/2003/latina/index.shtml
Re: Michael Jackson's Kids Identities by 1mtheone: 3:23am On Aug 20, 2009
Michael family is not 100% black, it has long been acknowledged that Joe's side is mixed. But that doesn't even matter. Have any of you seen Johnny Wright's kids? (music manager), They look white and he is , black.
Re: Michael Jackson's Kids Identities by chukudibab(m): 4:33am On Aug 20, 2009
Micheal skin charge from black to white
He married to a white lady, and the
white lady produce those white skinny kids ok.

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Dagrin / The Highest Paid Actors In The World / GOD Is Great:- Yinka Ayefele & Wife Temitope Welcome Third Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.