Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? (565 Views)

Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / 5 Everyday Sin We Commit And Must Avoid This Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? by evansjeff(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2016
All sinners will go to hell, fine but my question is: when we face disappointments in life, misfortunes, sickness and so on, is God responsible for it as a way of punishing us for that particular sin we committed?
Please bible backings will be much appreciated.
Re: Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? by rawgame(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2016
Christians may face trials and suffer simply because
we live in a world full of sin. But Jesus said, “I have told
you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace
and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials
and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take
courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have
overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you
and have conquered it for you]” (John 16:33 ).
What a promise! Understanding the reason for our
suffering and having the assurance of the final glory we'll
share should make it a little easier to enjoy our
lives...even during the times of sharing in suffering.
And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs
also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing
His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His
suffering if we are to share His glory ( Romans 8:17 ).

evansjeff, God is not punishing you
Re: Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? by evansjeff(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2016
rawgame:
Christians may face trials and suffer simply because
we live in a world full of sin. But Jesus said, “I have told
you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace
and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials
and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take
courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have
overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you
and have conquered it for you]” (John 16:33 ).
What a promise! Understanding the reason for our
suffering and having the assurance of the final glory we'll
share should make it a little easier to enjoy our
lives...even during the times of sharing in suffering.
And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs
also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing
His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His
suffering if we are to share His glory ( Romans 8:17 ).

evansjeff, God is not punishing you
Thanks, I really appreciate your insight
Re: Does God Really Visit Us With Misfortunes Because Of The Sin We Committed? by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Mar 05
evansjeff:
∆ All sinners will go to hell, fine but my question is:
∆ when we face disappointments in life, misfortunes, sickness and so on, is God responsible for it as a way of punishing us for that particular sin we committed?
Please bible backings will be much appreciated.
Only born-again sinners are capable of ending up in the place of Eternal Damnation aka Hell. That is because Hell(Eternal Damnation) exists inside of the Kingdom of God. And it is only those who are born-again that are granted access into the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. As for your second question, the answer is no. God's focus is on those who are of the blood of Jacob and not those who are not. His Law, the blessings and curses, apply only to those who are of the blood of Israel. if you are not of the blood of Israel, God is not focused on punishing you for what you may assume are your sins against Him. Rather, what happens to even you is what we have come to know as life -- Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Woman Murdered For Blasphemy: Is Islam Truly A Religion Of Peace / The Fraud In Our Churches Is Endless - Photos / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/07/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.