Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

A Review Of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Review Of Christianity (337 Views)

Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / Forgiveness: Weakness Of Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Review Of Christianity by Kikenitoluwa(f): 7:54pm On May 22, 2016
Christianity is not just a religion; it is a way of life. In case you are not aware, consistent Church attendance does not make you a Christian just as a regular attendance of classes doesn’t make you a student (when you have not been admitted). While this article isn’t aimed at judging or condemning anyone, its objective is to briefly define and describe who a Christian is.
For those whom He foreknew [of whom He wasaware andloved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren. Rom 8:29 (AMP)
From the verse above we discover that the fundamental focus of Christianity determined before the foundation of the world is to transform man into the image and nature of Christ. The questions I think you must answer before I proceed is this- have you been made in the image (which is the outward) of Christ? Do you share inwardly His likeness?
“And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the Church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.” Acts 11:26 (KJV)
The first place where the word ‘Christian’ appears in the Bible is in Acts 11:26. The disciples of Jesus were called Christ-ians because the people observed their behaviour and lifestyle and could only trace it to Jesus’ life.
“Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13 (AMP)” There was a definite and entire change of life of Peter, John and the disciples that was very obvious to everyone. The change in their lives was “visible to the blind”. Today, it is very unfortunate that the reverse is the case. There is little or no difference between unbelievers and Christians. That isn’t how it was with the disciples, there was a visible change. Since we have established the fact that only Jesus disciples were called Christians, let us briefly look at what it takes to be a Jesus’ disciple as we have it in the Bible.
A disciple is first of all a person who is born again. “Jesus answered and said unto him, verily I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV) Even if all the principles of Christianity are taught, the natural man cannot grow to become a saint. The old life has to be terminated while a new life replaces it. Christianity cannot be assumed, and church attendance doesn’t make one a Christian. Only those who have experienced God’s power of salvation and are born again are Christians. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek”. Rom 1:16(KJV)
A disciple is a person who has voluntarily decided to learn of Jesus and be yoked with Him after counting the cost of discipleship. “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light”. Mat 11:28-30 (KJV) “And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests,refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also]”. Luke 9:23 (AMP)
One of the greatest disasters that can happen to a man is to waste time on earth claiming to serve God and then finding oneself in the eternal flames of hell with harlots, assassins, ritualists and all. It would be a colossal loss! Any activity or attendance in church that does not transform a man’s life to become like Christ is a waste of time and God’s precious creation.
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me” Revelation 3:20 (KJV) Jesus is still calling on you today. It is not too late to say yes to Him. He is the Way, the Reality and the New kind of life. Jesus is the light of the world, and whoever follows Him will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. The real definition of life is not how much money one has or how many girl/boyfriends one has, the definition of life isn’t even about academic qualifications or having the latest things.
And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." Luke 12:15 (NKJV) True life is Christ, and those who do not choose to follow him will forever walk in darkness, having the devil as their taskmaster! Come to Jesus now while there is still time.
Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life. John 8:12 (AMP)
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5 (KJV)
For questions and/or comments, please contact (whatsapp) :08051384741
Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Traditional Help / Biblical Information About The Catholic Mass / Walking In Godswil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.