Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Share Your First Day At Work Experience. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your First Day At Work Experience. (13058 Views)

Be Careful Where You Sit At Work / Tips To Help You On Your First Day At A New Job / How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by InZA: 8:08pm On May 22, 2016
The relatively recent high cost and scarcity of tomatoes have made many homes look for alternatives to a pot of stew.Despite this reality...There are still people who don't know what "ahh tomatoes haff cos" means because due to their somewhat sea-like resources, they can afford to buy 30paint plastics of tomatoes without grumbling.

I'm not insensitive to the fact that there are quite a large number of job seekers here on Nairaland, but at the same time there are also Nairalanders who have been gainfully employed for years or recently. The point of this thread is not to make any job seeker feel bad but rather to know and believe that everyone who comes to share their first day at work experiences was once without a job... and this in essence should give you hope that soon, you too would update this thread with your own "first day at work" story.

That said.... Let's have fun with the thread and share our first day experiences- Were you taken around the office to be introduced to all your colleagues? , Did you sit in your corner watching everyone else with your puppy eyes grin , Did you start work that same day? For the ladies, Did you get hit on?

Come share and have fun cool

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by nurez305(m): 9:55pm On May 22, 2016
Share your own first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by InZA: 12:34am On May 23, 2016
grin

I saw that coming
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by thankyouJesus(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2016
First day at work? I was nervous because I was interviewed the previous day, I was to take/teach Further Mathematics and Physics from sss1 to sss3. Considering the fact that I was young in age and experience and also schooling concurrently, I felt odd because most of my colleagues are matured/married individuals.
For what is worth, it was a wonderful experience because I was working part time and learning different programming languages.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by InZA: 1:00am On May 24, 2016
thankyouJesus:
First day at work? I was nervous because I was interviewed the previous day, I was to take/teach Further Mathematics and Physics from sss1 to sss3. Considering the fact that I was young in age and experience and also schooling concurrently, I felt odd because most of my colleagues are matured/married individuals.
For what is worth, it was a wonderful experience because I was working part time and learning different programming languages.

Big ups bro...Thanks for sharing.
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by winkmart: 6:34am On May 24, 2016
I got this job with a MINI IMPORTATION TRAINING COMPANY.

On my 1st day of work, I was asked to conduct a training on Social Media Marketing to their trainees, I had never done this and went mad when the trainees were like 200. I had never faced this kind of crowd.

I did it and it was nice.

Now I am on my own and training young graduates on mini importation and thank God, they are all doing fine.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by kossyablaze(m): 6:34am On May 24, 2016
OK BRB.... Make I say my morning prayer first
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Nobody: 6:35am On May 24, 2016
Confusing and sweet
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Mrjosaphat: 6:35am On May 24, 2016
I haven't started working

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by ichommy(m): 6:35am On May 24, 2016
*Adjust Eye Glasses
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by KINGinVAHALA: 6:37am On May 24, 2016
Mine wasn't near a perfect beginning.
The few times (twice actually) I had course to work, they were both factory works, in lagos then. Those that has worked in a factory in Lagos would understand.

We were addressed by the Nigerian supervisor, after wish we were taking into the factory and were given a line supervisor to overseen us with a target of learning within maximum 48hours or gets dropped.

Mehn, as the sharp Edo boy (omo bendel, according to the Yoruba) I'm, I was able to catch up within 24hours and in me I thought I had gotten a job, little did I know the working conditions was inhuman.

Well, was able to scale through, worked for few months, within 3 months in one of the factories, I was made a supervisor because of my work strength and stamina, and ofcourse my no nonsense attitudes.

Ended up slapping an Indian boss in one of the factories and fvcked as many girls I could in the other.

It was a nice experience I must admit but not worth it anymore.

Right now, can't imagine myself working under someone anymore, have gotten to a stage where serving myself is the only option.

MEANWHILE, DONT FORGET TO SUPPORT AND VOTE REFINER FOR MISS NAIRALAND 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Smartsyn(m): 6:37am On May 24, 2016
My sister already works in the company, and she's very notorious, so everybody was all coming to see the younger brother of the notorious...

So apparently I was turned to a circus on my first day at work..

5 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Yusmash00: 6:37am On May 24, 2016
First day at work, I was introduce to my supervisor and i found he was the same dude owing me some money few months ago. We get into an argument, i bust his mouth and i quit grin #Jokes

16 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Frank3n2(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
Wasn't introduced in went around doing what i was supposed to but asking much question, while observing their BS!!
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by jaykaylegend(m): 6:41am On May 24, 2016
my first day at work, i got myself a girlfriend...
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Realmcfynest: 6:43am On May 24, 2016
I can remember very well...... It was on a friday and i was so dressed up ehn..... Borrowed one of my neighnor's suit. The manager just told me (in a friendly manner) that i really do not need to wear suit that i can come with shirt and trouser..... That was how i removed it with immediate effect..... Twas fun though.....

Had to leave after a year and now am doing well for myself all glory to God

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by kunta2simple: 6:43am On May 24, 2016
No be who get work go get first day experience?
Well on my first day at work, I mistakenly add the lady I was using her pics. That was how my account got blocked.
That was then tho.
Stroll out of thread Singing orezi's #alaye double your hustle jur#
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by viki84(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2016
Though it's an Industrial Attachment, i was nervous as i watched everyone do their duties but e get this one girl wey com start to de eye me that day, so the other I.T guys gave me induction of the firm, since den e come be like say i don de work for the past 10yrs for the company
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Uchemelvin2004(m): 6:44am On May 24, 2016
I'm currently serving so i'll talk about my 1st day @ my PPA, I introduced myself to the other corp members and quickly went into the class, as the only science orientated corp member in the school I had to teach both Physics and Chemistry and @ 1st I taught it'll be a big challenge (due to my fear of Chemistry in school) but it was actually very smooth, the school curriculum and the textbook(essential chemistry) made it really easy, though the students are not the sharpest but the few bright ones amongst them quickly showed themselves by answering all the questions I threw their way. All in all it was a brilliant experience and I also learnt a lot too. PS: I'm serving @ Community high school Ohunbe in Yewa North LGA Ogun state( very close to the border with Republic of Benin).

32 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Chidimercy: 6:45am On May 24, 2016
am not working
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by dollaflow(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2016
hmmm
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Lordmykel(m): 6:48am On May 24, 2016
I will never forget that day.. I applied for the post of a computer operator but ended up sweeping and dusting the whole office, swept the compound, swept the table, swept the roof.... Chai, that woman was wicked i swept everthing plus her laptop.

It was a horrifing experience.... Well, i resigned the next day. I took that as a cleaning training..

And to think that my salary was to be 7 thoushand Naira monthly but we did only 10 Naira worth of photocopy that whole day.

You no hear word? I said i resigned the next day. Shikina.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by oluplus(m): 6:49am On May 24, 2016
Was employed as an experienced staff. Other staff were not happy about that because I got a better grade than almost all of them. They almost killed me with work the first day, not even minding the fact that I didn't know how to do some things, in their own way Now, we are best of friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Addicted2Women: 6:52am On May 24, 2016
I felt like a slave.
I worked only for a week,got my paycheck and i haven't worked for anyone again.

I'm now my own boss.
In the morning when i see people going to work, I feel sorry for them, meanwhile my computer generates thousands of dollars for me every week.

Shout out to blogging

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Addicted2Women: 6:53am On May 24, 2016
Please, what is doggy style in Yoruba ??
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by nmreports: 6:55am On May 24, 2016
My heart was just skipping. My chest wanted to burst. My first job ah ah.
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by GeneviveHuby: 6:55am On May 24, 2016
Some corporate organisations are poorly managed in Nigeria. No worklow, no documentation even process flow is not thought of. I can't really forget my experience of my first day at the corporate setting. I was expecting the three tools mentioned above, but the md came into our department that day and said to me:"I'm yet to see what you have done since you resumed." I was so annoyed and bittered. The older collegues in the office just told me not to mind him that, that is way of managing the company. While there was no hope of seeing it as I planned, I instead invested in studying the bizzare character of my md. Learnt all the office gossips. Worked on my assignment as programmer. At the end I won, and became a mediator to my supervisor and my md who usually fall out. My supervisor finally left in anger. And me I'm still taking the shit till date. May God help me.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by wins18(m): 6:56am On May 24, 2016
my first day at work, I was nervous, lol. Being the youngest boy in his teen in the midst of married woman wasn't a joking matter for me. I applied for teaching as a fresh graduate of primary six in one of the endtime school in our neighbourhood, had to beat the hell outta the children that very day for looking down on me, during the break period, I had to go and sit around the married female teachers nodding my head every now and then like a lizard to their unending gossip

17 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by pimpchi(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2016
My first day at work, hmmmmmmm... Wasn't an easy feeling at all. Felt so strange and disconnected with the routines though I had already undergone training and induction but the pressure to impress my direct Boss/supervisor was so so visible. U know as e de go nah, within one week I Don fit in patapata....my colleagues rock.... #offshorenobebeans.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Majesticniyi(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2016
My first day at work was crazy. I work in a multinational company as a Technician. Nothing in the induction training and years of studying engineering in school could have prepare me for the shock of having to maintain machines as big as storey buildings. I was so scared to touch any of the controls ehn, I actually spoilt some stuffs. Engineers there though are good at what they do and have seen a lot amatuers like me so they were Understanding. Now, I don turn pro myself and I'm one of the best at it. Actually the fear we have of relating with people, acquiring skills on the job, stupid bosses and all those stuffs arent too real. One should just be calm, don't form oversabi, be respectful, be ready to learn and BE SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE OFFICE POLITICS. Reading '48 Laws Of Power' really helped me though.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by KINGinVAHALA: 7:00am On May 24, 2016
Lordmykel:
I will never forget that day.. I applied for the post of a computer operator but ended up sweeping and dusting the whole office, swept the compound, swept the table, swept the roof.... Chai, that woman was wicked i swept everthing plus her laptop.

It was a horrifing experience.... Well, i resigned the next day. I took that as a cleaning training..
Hahahaahahaha, horrifying but damn hilarious mehn
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Lordmykel(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Hahahaahahaha, horrifying but damn hilarious mehn
cry my brother no be laughing matter o.. The salary was a proposed 7 thousand Naira Monthly. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams / Possibilities With MPH / Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.