Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Share Your First Day At Work Experience. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your First Day At Work Experience. (13050 Views)

Be Careful Where You Sit At Work / Tips To Help You On Your First Day At A New Job / How To Leave A Bad Day At Work Behind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Spydamannn(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2016
First day at work was boring,I just dey look my supervisor fine face and cleavage
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by GoldenJulius(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2016
Spydamannn:
First day at work was boring,I just dey look my supervisor fine face and cleavage
bad badoo badest
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Majesticniyi(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2016
Heeyhun:
I don't have a real job experience, however, my first day at coca cola for my internship was hell. the safety boot I got was too tight I could barely walk. I was smiling at people but then I was crying inside. the worst part was they kept asking me to get water samples from the line. I wanted to cry.

Hahaha. You should have told someone Na. I work on the line and when we see you new IT peeps come in, we just laugh. You guys behave as if all of on us the line aren't as educated as you. Most IT end up leaving with nothing in their heads cos of the chip on their shoulders. I hope you did different tho...
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Heeyhun(f): 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
Majesticniyi:

Hahaha. You should have told someone Na. I work on the line and when we see you new IT peeps come in, we just laugh. You guys behave as if all of on us the line aren't as educated as you. Most IT end up leaving with nothing in their heads cos of the chip on their shoulders. I hope you did different tho...
lol...hmm...I didn't leave empty headed sha
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 24, 2016
My first day at work was really fun, it was an online shopping mall one of the popular malls in Nigeria, when i arrived i met the receptionist a very beautiful lady in her early 20' s already i have been eyeing her since i have been coming around, she greeted and addressed me as sir, i was like small boy like me lol that was some years ago after my ND. .i just smiled she told to wait let her call the HRM I was a bit embraced i had to sit, she asked my name which i told her, after the call another young lady came down and asked me to follow her...Hmm i just did we went up stairs it was an open office divided by glass and numbered in cubic she said sir, your desk is cubic 6 other people were busy working while other's were just chatting almost all eyes were on me, i felt a bit nervous i was the youngest among the people there i was small also but was looking very smart in my navy blue suit and white shirt and very handsome*winks* i opened the glass door went inside the lady on the other side was busy looking at me i swear i lost focus it was just like i was wearing my cloth from the back i took courage sat down..i had a Hp pavilion 15 with 12 gb ram and 1Tb hard drive and 4gb Radon graphics card on my desk. I booted the system, i was just wondering what am going to do i wasn't really comfortable working with their system i had to bring out mine after like 10 mins a young guy came to my cubic gave me a flash he was a yoruba guy, he asked me my name i told him and my area of specialization, programmes i use i did he was a core php guru we started chatting, he told me the flash has pictures of item snapped from different stores so i had to edit for uploading...before 15 mins i was through called him through the inter-call for pick up, he was occupying cubic 2...with other few works i did that day, around 12 we had lunch, that was an opportunity to work around before 15 mins i made friends especially one girl she was in cubic 12 they were 3 girls and a guy in same cubic that was the customer's representative section all the do is answer calls, check peoples order for goods and other stuff during the break moment calls was coming but she wasn't picking i asked her why she wasn't picking she said wasn't the only one to pick calls and that customers are really annoying sometimes i was just like look at this girl so this is how this people behave like those times i do call MTN without them picking. from there we started talking, soon break was over i went back to my cubic later she came over and joined me jezz this girl can talk she studied public administration in uk, we exchanged numbers within a week we played the Regga and blues*smh* soon i started chatting with other staffs

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Majesticniyi(m): 7:06am On May 25, 2016
Heeyhun:

lol...hmm...I didn't leave empty headed sha

Which plant did you do your IT?
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Heeyhun(f): 9:15am On May 25, 2016
Majesticniyi:

Which plant did you do your IT?
ikeja
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by Daniel058(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Addicted2Women:
I felt like a slave.
I worked only for a week,got my paycheck and i haven't worked for anyone again.

I'm now my own boss.
In the morning when i see people going to work, I feel sorry for them, meanwhile my computer generates thousands of dollars for me every week.

Shout out to blogging
show me the way brother.. IT'S NOT BLOGGING THAT GRNERATES DA KIND MONEY..
Addicted2Women:
She bought the 55 million naira mansion she made from blogging ??

If you believe she got the money through blogging, you will also believe the Chibok girls kidnap.
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by oweniwe(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
chnovpaul:
Here's mine...

I've had several first days at work, but this comes to mind first.

I was meant to work in a Clinic in a government tertiary medical center somewhere in the east.

I had reported as early as 7.30am, thinking work was going to start by 8am, being the dutiful and punctual chap I was brought up to be.

9.00am, I was still sitting in front of the door, waiting. Didn't see anybody.

At that point, I was beginning to think there probably wasn't work that day.

I then decided that if in another 30mins, I don't see anybody, na my bed go get me o.

Shortly after that, patients started trickling in. Then the attendants and later the nurses. They even thought I was a patient, and were asking me to go register.

It was after I had introduced myself (imagine!) they told me they actually don't resume early, even though the official time was 8am.

At the end of the day, work didn't start until after 10am. By 2pm, clinic don close.

The state is Anambra, right?
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by chnovpaul(m): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
oweniwe:

The state is Anambra, right?

LOL. How did you know?
Re: Share Your First Day At Work Experience. by XaintJoel20: 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
Skateboard:
My first day at work was cool, I already knew a little about my supervisor coz he was the one that interviewed me. Apart from addressing everyone as Sir (including the security men and women grin grin ) I almost got lost in the building at times coz it's a big place. There was a time I almost entered the female toilet when someone was there.... grin grin grin

Everything is all cool now.

Close to one after, your comment still bring laughter to my face...

Thank God you didn't enter the female toilet. You for explain tire...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed / Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA / Only 20 Out Of 85 Directors Passed Perm Sec Promotion Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.