Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) (44228 Views)

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Ada, A Victim Of The Umuahia-Okigwe Road Accident / Black Sunday: Fatal Accident On Umuahia-okigwe Road Leaves Many Dead (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by olillywales(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2016

A tragic Sunday as a Peace Mass Transit Bus collided with a yellow truck along the Umuahia-Okigwe Road at about 6.30pm on Sunday, May 22, 2016.

Princewill Atasie, an eye-witness, told www.metronaija.com that due to a heavy rain, the road was slippery and this unfortunate incident happened when the yellow truck was overtaking another vehicle on the road.

“The other lane of the expressway is bad, so commuters are using one side, creating a one-way situation,” Atasie told our reporter on phone. “It appears as if the driver miscalculated as he was overtaking another vehicle which led to the head-on collusion.”

Images from the ghastly motor accident shows that the driver of the Peace Mass Transit bus and many passengers may have died on the spot.

As at the time of reporting this, first responders are yet to arrive at the scene of the accident.

May the souls of the departed, rest in peace.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-many-dead-as-buses-collide-along.html
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by sladimeji(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2016
rip to the dead...omo this is graphic n tragic

10 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by tonio2wo: 9:19pm On May 22, 2016
WTF!!!!! shocked
May d dead RIP!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Daslim180(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2016
NO!!!..... THIS IS TOO TRAGIC, R.I.P TO THE DEAD

13 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Psyrus(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2016
RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by ORACLE1975(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2016
Why!!!!!! LORD GAVE MERCY

5 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by evansjeff(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2016
God

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by sunnyworld2love(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2016
God.... cry

2 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by makurch: 9:26pm On May 22, 2016
Peace mass again?[left][/left][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by justvictor57(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by zinny377(f): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
oh! what a pity! RIP to d dead.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
PATHETIC!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by nbright: 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
I just don't like travelling with Peace Mass Transit. I'd rather go with Agofure or R. T. C.

R. I. P to the deads

16 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Generalyemi(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
RIP....TO D DECEASED.. THEY ARE YOUNG MEN N WOMEN LIKE U N MI,,,,,,WAT A PITY.NO BODY KNOWS HIS OR HER TIME,....JESUS IS SURE BET

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Oswenemete(f): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
you that post this fake promo always may u receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post

3 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
God 4bid....RIP
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by gbadexy(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
RIP to the dead.
This type of accident is inevitable. I witnessed it first hand on my way back from the east yesterday with incidentally peace mass transit.
It's the norm for the vehicles to crossover from a bad stretch of road to opposite side and drive at full speed irrespective of transport company or vehicle type. I experienced it with another transport company I came with.
The vehicles speed opposite each other in a road meant for a certain direction and some still try to overtake vehicles by driving at the exact position an oncoming vehicle is, hoping to completely overtake the vehicle in front before it comes in contact with the oncoming one.
All I see is unnecessary risks.
The government too needs to make the highways safe and motorable.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by powerfulsettingz: 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
May God guild and protect us and family ijn

2 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Mopolchi: 9:35pm On May 22, 2016
This is bloody. to the dead, rip
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Riversides2003(m): 9:35pm On May 22, 2016
Bad driving skills is really a problem in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Oswenemete(f): 9:35pm On May 22, 2016
you that post this fake promo always may u repent and receive Jesus Forgiveness or receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by loomer: 9:35pm On May 22, 2016
The rain wey dey fall for Nigeria dey learn for where Ireland dey, yet we no dey see accidents like we do in Nigeria.

Truth be told, until we start to service our vehicles regularly and use tyres wey dey adaptable to wet roads accidents no go reduce.

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Aubrey1(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
Blood Of Jesus
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by emmaliveth10(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
Chaaaiii ...RIP to the dead!
Peace mass...hmmmm
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by firstolalekan(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
cry
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Generalyemi(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2016
Oswenemete:
you that post this fake promo always may u receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post

the thing tire mi o.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 22, 2016
OP if you want to post news please post accurately.

This happened in the morning of today NOT 6:30pm

That said, It's really a tragic accident...
RIP to the victims

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by jailsarakiCCT: 9:37pm On May 22, 2016
too much speed cause this
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 22, 2016
I could see the notorious transportation company there whose drivers are known for recklessness and over speeding. They have sent thousands to their early graves. Their other baptized name is pieces. RIP to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by lereinter(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2016
Jehovah

Ve mercy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Kills Couple In Lagos Last Night – PHOTOS / FG Plans 10 New Rail Lines (list Of The Rail Lines) / Officer Returns 600,000 Naira To Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.