Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,040 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. (52653 Views)

4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Koleman(m): 1:31pm On May 23, 2016
Enjoyed reading it sha. But de experience just de start. 10 more months to go. But one thing is for sure mkd is hot. But heat no de kill person sha

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by dajan03: 1:35pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FIFTH EXPERIENCE

I had a friend who was in the same shoe as me. We both went from place to place reason because they couldn't pay or accommodate. We had almost lost all hope until we found Benue hotel. They accepted us and were ready to pay 10k with accommodation. We went to the Secretariat so we could begin processing but they refused to post us there, telling us that Benue hotel had rejected most of the corpers that were sent to them,so we needed to find another option. A week was almost gone and I was still in Benue state.
When all hope was lost,we found out bout Benue printing and publishing cooperation where they don't pay,they don't accommodate and corp members only go to work once a week smiley This was just what I needed. I went to this place got a request letter only for me to be bounced down to a school where they pay only 5k a month with no accommodation. I took it because I was tired and I finished documenting on Friday. Friday night I packed my box preparing for my trip to lag on Saturday morning not knowing I was going to be facing another issue.
ehen?
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Danniscott(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2016
Lovechyld101:
Leriebloom nice one wanunne was quite an experience also served in benue was Djay Obs but was posted to otupko don't kno why all the cute gurls get posted to markudi

Served in makurdi too, wannune was fun, makurdi was mad, enjoyed every bit, captained NYSC Benue state football team. Served in Makurdi local government hqtrs, never went to work, had to do other meaningful things.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Prodigee: 1:36pm On May 23, 2016
So much for a graduate of english having grammatical blunders here and there

6 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Peterpanny: 1:39pm On May 23, 2016
When you resume work fully in that school, thats when you will see the proper stress becos those schools can use corpers like jaki.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by phemolala07(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2016
U dey flex nw try kwara state isin local govt no bank for d local govt is either u go to Ilorin or omu aran for any bank transaction even to use ATM sef...my ppa no toilet na bush tinz. cheesy
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Amyleb(f): 1:42pm On May 23, 2016
Gosj01:
Still searching for the interesting part of the story...
I thought it was just me..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by idu1(m): 1:45pm On May 23, 2016
Thank you for wasting my data....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by schumastic(m): 1:47pm On May 23, 2016
to think i got a pop corn and a big juice just to see the interesting part of the story undecided undecided..
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Meklex(m): 1:50pm On May 23, 2016
I am currently serving and I have not seen an aeroplane and you entered an aeroplane twice within a month and you are here lamenting...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by cimonizy(m): 1:51pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY LAST EXPERIENCE (forever I hope)

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
[b]
Leriebloom:

My friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley
[/b]
Leriebloom:

Mkd is f**king hot thou but u gon enjoy the place. Its fun
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by ireneidiva(f): 1:55pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.
Hunting not 'haunting'. Na wa for your English education o.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by fotadmowmend(m): 1:56pm On May 23, 2016
Seriously, FG shd find smthg to do abt dis NYSC of a thg ! Why is it dat corpers will be the one to be 'hunting' for PPAs ? I had to teach 'A for Apple' for a whole year !
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Samzzy94(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2016
don't know why most peepz are hating on d op

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Gosj01(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2016
Amyleb:
I thought it was just me..

Then we are in d same shoe... Abeg lets search together.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 2:06pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:
MY FOURTH EXPERIENCE IN BENUE STATE

I thought that the stress was going to end in camp but I couldn't be more wrong. My real stress started when I was out of camp. I learnt two things, you might be posted to a good place but that doesn't mean you would end up serving there. The second thing I learnt was that Makurdi was dead hot. So we left camp on a Friday, we had to wait until Monday to report to our various ppa. Meanwhile the lady who had been working on my redeployment ish* kept calling to tell me it wasn't possible that I wasn't redeployed and that she was going to push further until I was redeployed. The real truth was that I had lost hope already.
Well back to the ppa stuff. I woke up early on Monday morning and went down to JED PLC where I was posted. I was told to wait for the other corpers to arrive. I waited until a male corper came to join in the waiting. After waiting for long,we concluded that it was just the both of us. We went to meet the secretary and she led us to her boss's office. He took our posting letter and then asked us to come back by 1pm. We left. I went home and was back by 1pm ,same with the other guy. So we went to the office and we were giving the acceptance letter, I was to work as their PRO,and was goin to be paid 10k without accommodation which I was okay with. I had already gone to the local govt. about to start my documentation when I saw a staff from JED who came to inform myself and the other guy that they just got a directive from their head office that they shouldn't accept any corper and that was it. My haunting for a new ppa began.
Hello.. its me again ..
Just wanna tell you that @bolded
you don't put an 's' apostrophe after a word that ends with 's'.
You should have said boss' instead.
just put an apostrophe there.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by NollyHB(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2016
An following seriously
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by MsBella: 2:12pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

Enjoy the rest of your Service year, create meaningful friendships, take advantage of professional courses for Corpers, lay impact in the little way you can and avoid Tiv men and randy male Corpers looking for cheap thrills!!! cheesy

And enjoy eating all tge fruits you can for "chinkini" money. All the best!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:13pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

point taken
You for tell am say the words you can spell correctly are what you use frequently which are Airport, Flight and Cap that you are not use to Cue(queue)

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Zane2point4(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
Emodeee:

you and flight dis, flight that, cab this, cab datcheesy. Entering bike and keke napep seems awkward to you. You are feeling fly. "how can a pretty, glamorous lady like me be entering bike and keke napep"cheesy. You nvr chichumtin.

E be like say you get plenty money. How e go be na? I go like make you be my girlfriendcheesy.

Pls broda, if I may ask what's ur problem with flight, or have poverty reduced us to being flight phobia? Someone is talking about booking a flight at her own convenience and your concluding she is just showing off, if I wana enter flight to go toilet who e concern, pks lets learn to be civilized.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Hello.. its me again ..
Just wanna tell you that @bolded
you don't put an 's' apostrophe after a word that ends with 's'.
You should have said boss's instead.
just put an apostrophe there.
Leave my girlfrend alone she won't notice and fall inlove with you Mr sharp Man she has already been taken, her communication is not bad as a graduate. No be she invent English oooo
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by dejolly(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2016
Meaning! !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Welcomme: 2:26pm On May 23, 2016
Looking for PPA is a stressful ish that u would never want to find ur self in.
But u all saying Makurdi is hot, hav u been to sokoto, kebbi, Zamfara or kastsina state? Then U will know that makurdi is just like Moscow to those states. I just hate Benue cuz tinz are unnecessarily expensive there and there is no money in dat state. I prefer states like Sokoto, kebbi, cuz no money there and tinz are not that expensive there. They also have better road network and electricity than Benue. The only advantage Bunue has over these states is just fine Idoma and tiv girls and dat is also a disadvantage cuz H.I.V is just like malaria over there.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 2:28pm On May 23, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Leave my girlfrend alone she won't notice and fall inlove with you Mr sharp Man she has already been taken, her communication is not bad as a graduate.
you're here defending her... to think she's an English Education graduate.
What's happening to Nigeria's education system ... that's why I'd rather school in the UK
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:31pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
you're here defending her... to think she's an English Education graduate.
What's happening to Nigeria's education system ... that's why I'd rather school in the UK
Her communication is not bad as a graduate. If you're a lecturer what will you score her write up? Just want to know.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 2:33pm On May 23, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Her communication is not bad as a graduate.
Whatever dude!
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by Seeeeeeee: 2:36pm On May 23, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Whatever dude!
If you're a lecturer what will you score her write up? Just want to know.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by CaptainEColeJnr: 2:40pm On May 23, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
If you're a lecturer what will you score her write up? Just want to know.
She was good in every other thing... save for the spellings...
her grammar was good
but spellings was bad.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by tianshie(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2016
Did you serve in Bui? I served in Kangiwa.

izzou:
You served in benue and its exhaustin?

I served in kebbi

In my ppa,no toilet or bathroom

Na inside bush i shit for a full year

No chics,only hausa covering girls full everywhere

Better love benue oh

Some of your mates are in pain now
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by mrjojo: 2:43pm On May 23, 2016
Firstly, I can't really see the point of this thread, This is a normal thing corp members pass through,so every corper should open a thread abi? some even pass through worse or is there something am not getting?
This thread is best moved to the Diary section, people that even got posted to worse places didn't complain, you are in the state capital and someone wouldn't rest.
Why don't u serve in your sitting room then, since you have so much connect n cash.
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by gohzieh(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
Leriebloom:

M. Yy friend and I woke up pretty early and left the house. She was leaving for Benin while I was leaving for Enugu because I had a flight to catch by 12:15pm. I told the bike man to take me to any park I can get Enugu bus and he took me to one miserable Nyannyan park. I was the first to get a ticket for the first bus to Enugu. I kept waiting for more passengers because we were just three. I spoke to the guy loading the bus and explained to him that time wasn't on my side so he had to push me to port Harcourt bus.When the bus started moving, that was when the driver remembered he had to fill his tank. We stayed on a short queue , but it was still enough to eat into someone's time. By the time the bus started moving it was past 8. To cut the long story short I got to Enugu by 12, I rushed to where I could get a cab. And for the cab guy to take me to the airport he said 4k,I didn't even have the time to waste so I entered. The driver was on his highest speed, but still we couldn't make it. We got to the airport and I rushed down to Arik stand, only for me to be told I had missed my flight. There was no other flight for lag until Sunday by 12",and I had to add extra money which was a tad bit too much. I left the airport, paid a cab man to take me to town to any affordable hotel. I hate sleeping alone so I was scared all through d night, I had to call a friend who tried keeping me at ease. It worked and I slept off. I woke pretty early Sunday morning,dressed and called the cab guy only for his line to be switched off. I had to drag my box down the road and waited until I saw a Keke. I jumped into it. He took me to peace mass park where I got a lag bus, and now I am home smiley

I live in Enugu, I could still have charged you less than 4K to the airport and could have taking you around atleast to ease the tension of a bad day. I'm not saying if I get an invite to keep you company I won't honor it. Anyway we can still be friends.howabout I send you a pm
Re: My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. by obibob2020(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
I was posted to Benue State as well, far back 2014. Searching for PPA was actually a serious issue. But i later enjoy the state sha. Base on the Delta guy wey i be,, beta beta tins been dey cum like rain. I miss Gboko! I miss Benue State.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Katsina Corpers Who Refused To Attend SAED Disciplined By Soldiers (Photos) / Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper / NYSC BATCH A 17 STREAM 2 MEET UP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.