Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:58 PM

21st Century Women Are Not So Weak - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak (1251 Views)

Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 6:16am On May 23, 2016
I read a post yesterday about society and the male child and it got me thinking. Interesting as it was but one can only ask, "if the society does not teach the man to be strong, who will?" Most women will scream at the sight of a tiny snake and will look for a male figure to hide behind even if the male is a ten year old. That is just nature. So if the the society does not teach the male child to confront situations with courage, how will he protect the woman he will eventually love?
All these talks about male infidelity, I think it is over rated. Women cheat too but are more skilled at covering tracks. I have seen faithful husbands and I have seen unfaithful wives. I know of a family where the woman abandoned her three children including a six month old baby for greener pastures. Those children were raised by the man who refused to remarry for fear of another woman victimizing his children. Such men don't make headlines though. Just because women are victims at some point doesn't make the female specie weak or less influential. We have our careers, make our money, run the home, raise children who puts us first before their father, call the shots and still get the society to think that we are weak. I think it is human nature. Human beings have the tendency to be unfaithful, both male and female. Some women will choose to stay in unhappy marriages because at that point their children become their priority while some will just work out of it. As a mother, I will teach my son to be strong and compassionate. I will teach him to hide his tears and show no weakness because the struggle for survival is real. If friends can sense weakness in you, so can your enemies. We all know that in this world the strong will always prey on the weak be it male or female. No one can protect a man more than himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Flexherbal(m): 6:29am On May 23, 2016
I love this post. 2 sachets of Flex herbal tea for your man.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by postmann: 8:05am On May 23, 2016
A healthy female mind here. It took me a while to realise the OP is female.

Now, keep keeping that mind of yours healthy and free from gender biasedness.

2 Likes

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by joseph1832(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2016
Succinctly put OP. I appreciate the gross truth in what you wrote. Men and women have their ups and down, nobody is perfect, but, amidst our imperfection, we can only strive for perfection.

Once again, this is a nice write-up.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 8:21am On May 23, 2016
Wyntah:
As a mother, I will teach my son to be strong and compassionate. I will teach him to hide his tears and show no weakness because the struggle for survival is real. If friends can sense weakness in you, so can your enemies. We all know that in this world the strong will always prey on the weak be it male or female.
can't believe this is coming from a woman.... shocked

i want to marry u... kiss

nice write up i must say...
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Nobody: 9:32am On May 23, 2016
shocked i don't know how to react to a thread that doesn't bash men and was written by a lady. I need to google how to react, this is new to me, thanks OP, thanks for letting people know some of us good men still exists.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by lilmax(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2016
Men should not cry cool
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by bukatyne(f): 11:08am On May 23, 2016
Wyntah:
I read a post yesterday about society and the male child and it got me thinking. Interesting as it was but one can only ask, "if the society does not teach the man to be strong, who will?" Most women will scream at the sight of a tiny snake and will look for a male figure to hide behind even if the male is a ten year old. That is just nature. So if the the society does not teach the male child to confront situations with courage, how will he protect the woman he will eventually love?
Ok

Wyntah:
All these talks about male infidelity, I think it is over rated. Women cheat too but are more skilled at covering tracks. I have seen faithful husbands and I have seen unfaithful wives. I know of a family where the woman abandoned her three children including a six month old baby for greener pastures. Those children were raised by the man who refused to remarry for fear of another woman victimizing his children. Such men don't make headlines though.

Interestingly, men propagate the gospel that 'men are cheats'; 'men are polygamous' etc. to give themselves a pass in cheating. Let a woman say her husband is faithful, you see snide remarks that 'how is she sure?'; 'she must be deceiving herself'; etc. Every lady accepting 'all men cheat' works in their favor.... no need for accountability of faithfulness.

Wyntah:
'Just because women are victims at some point doesn't make the female specie weak or less influential. We have our careers, make our money, run the home, raise children who puts us first before their father, call the shots and still get the society to think that we are weak.

The Bible where it is said women are weaker vessels; the myth that women are emotional beings (like anger is not an emotion); and the fact that women started working outside the home way later than men all contributes.

Some women also use it as a pass to get away with verbal assaults and get favors.

Wyntah:
I think it is human nature. Human beings have the tendency to be unfaithful, both male and female.

True

Wyntah:
Some women will choose to stay in unhappy marriages because at that point their children become their priority while some will just work out of it.

True. However, what do you think about a woman staying in a violent/unfaithful marriage for the 'kids'?

Wyntah:
As a mother, I will teach my son to be strong and compassionate. I will teach him to hide his tears and show no weakness because the struggle for survival is real.

Do you think only your sons deserve this training?

Wyntah:
If friends can sense weakness in you, so can your enemies. We all know that in this world the strong will always prey on the weak be it male or female. No one can protect a man more than himself.

True, a dog eat dog world out there.

Interesting piece.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Nobody: 11:11am On May 23, 2016
"Showing tears" does not make anyone male or female weak neither does "hiding tears " make anyone strong.

There is nothing wrong with being vulnerable once in a while. It doesn't mean you are weak, you just need that "time" to reflect in order to move forward
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 2:04pm On May 23, 2016
WellEndowed:
"Showing tears" does not make anyone male or female weak neither does "hiding tears " make anyone strong.

There is nothing wrong with being vulnerable once in a while. It doesn't mean you are weak, you just need that "time" to reflect in order to move forward
it does make one weak sir...

remember when u were a kid u cry at every little thing, but as u grown older, the rate at which u cry goes down.... what does that tell u?
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by SAMBARRY: 2:21pm On May 23, 2016
Men should not cry?

Are they emotionless.like they don't feel hurt,sad etc

Are you serious?

Ok ma
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 2:58pm On May 23, 2016
SAMBARRY:
Men should not cry?

Are they emotionless.like they don't feel hurt,sad etc

Are you serious?

Ok ma
men do get hurt and sad, but they shouldn't be surmounted by it...

i haven't cried for once all my life, so i see no reason why men should show tears unnecessarily...
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by SAMBARRY: 3:13pm On May 23, 2016
johnson232:

men do get hurt and sad, but they shouldn't be surmounted by it...

i haven't cried for once all my life, so i see no reason why men should show tears unnecessarily...
ARE you serious?

That's what your society told you. Just bottle everything up.your anger,pain,fears,hurt depression etc till you eventually kill your wives instead iF showing your feelings like women and set your stomach free
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 4:32pm On May 23, 2016
SAMBARRY:
ARE you serious?

That's what your society told you. Just bottle everything up.your anger,pain,fears,hurt depression etc till you eventually kill your wives instead iF showing your feelings like women and set your stomach free
lol... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by crackhaus: 4:51pm On May 23, 2016
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by crackhaus: 4:52pm On May 23, 2016
Wyntah:
All these talks about male infidelity, I think it is over rated. Women cheat too but are more skilled at covering tracks. I have seen faithful husbands and I have seen unfaithful wives. I know of a family where the woman abandoned her three children including a six month old baby for greener pastures. Those children were raised by the man who refused to remarry for fear of another woman victimizing his children. Such men don't make headlines though. Just because women are victims at some point doesn't make the female specie weak or less influential. We have our careers, make our money, run the home, raise children who puts us first before their father, call the shots and still get the society to think that we are weak. I think it is human nature. Human beings have the tendency to be unfaithful, both male and female. Some women will choose to stay in unhappy marriages because at that point their children become their priority while some will just work out of it. As a mother, I will teach my son to be strong and compassionate. [size=34]I will teach him to hide his tears[/size] and show no weakness because the struggle for survival is real. If friends can sense weakness in you, so can your enemies. We all know that in this world the strong will always prey on the weak be it male or female. No one can protect a man more than himself.
Better to teach him to know when and for whom to shed those tears for.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:04pm On May 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
I love this post. 2 sachets of Flex herbal tea for your man.
Thanks boss (awaiting the tea) grin
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:06pm On May 23, 2016
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:15pm On May 23, 2016
postmann:
A healthy female mind here. It took me a while to realise the OP is female.

Now, keep keeping that mind of yours healthy and free from gender biasedness.
Thanks, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:16pm On May 23, 2016
joseph1832:
Succinctly put OP. I appreciate the gross truth in what you wrote. Men and women have their ups and down, nobody is perfect, but, amidst our imperfection, we can only strive for perfection.

Once again, this is a nice write-up.
Thank you, I'm flattered.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:18pm On May 23, 2016
johnson232:

can't believe this is coming from a woman.... shocked

i want to marry u... kiss

nice write up i must say...
Thank you very much. Sorry o, a faster guy already beat you to it.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:21pm On May 23, 2016
pcguru1:
shocked i don't know how to react to a thread that doesn't bash men and was written by a lady. I need to google how to react, this is new to me, thanks OP, thanks for letting people know some of us good men still exists.
Thanks, its a pleasure. smiley
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Wyntah: 5:25pm On May 23, 2016
SAMBARRY:
ARE you serious?

Crying for the gallery does not solve any problem but seeking positive communication avenue does.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by SAMBARRY: 5:59pm On May 23, 2016
Wyntah:

Crying for the gallery does not solve any problem but seeking positive communication avenue does.
yeah crying for the gallery solves nothing but at least relived bottled up tensions and grief
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 6:57pm On May 23, 2016
Wyntah:

Thank you very much. Sorry o, a faster guy already beat you to it.
damn!!! cheesy
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Ruq: 12:39am On May 24, 2016
It's what I have always thought also, imagine if society never decided that men put on the tough act couples would just be a combo of two highly sensitive beings both shaped never to take a bullet for none, both defenseless that's fragile friggin equality. People think guys aren't as emotional as ladies they don't know guys are just better at masking it. And life itself is words and opposites it is only logical that men are expected to be the one to toughen up to create a balance.

But with growing idea that everyone should be equal sooner or later we would see the bug in it. I just pity the kids of women with such mentality, they might turn out to raise their boys as sissies and emotionally cold girls and that would be another kind of balance.
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Nobody: 1:08am On May 24, 2016
johnson232:

it does make one weak sir...

I disagree. Even Jesus wept...it did not make him weak

johnson232:

remember when u were a kid u cry at every little thing, but as u grown older, the rate at which u cry goes down.... what does that tell u?

As a kid I did not cry at every little thing, if you did, I did not.

@the bolded....the rate at which we cry go down but DOES NOT DISAPPEAR which is what you are suggesting.

I have lived long enough to know that being vulnerable once in a while does not make you weak or turn you into the sissy. It's the opposite. Some people need to reflect on what exactly put them in that vulnerable state in order to move on from it or forward...and in some instances prep their mind not to be twice beaten
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by johnson232: 1:17am On May 24, 2016
WellEndowed:

I disagree. Even Jesus wept...it did not make him weak

As a kid I did not cry at every little thing, if you did, I did not.

@the bolded....the rate at which we cry go down but DOES NOT DISAPPEAR which is what you are suggesting.

I have lived long enough to know that being vulnerable once in a while does not make you weak or turn you into the sissy. It's the opposite. Some people need to reflect on what exactly put them in that vulnerable state in order to move on from it or forward...and in some instances prep their mind not to be twice beaten
i get your point... but u no dey sleep? or u are not in nigeria? smiley
Re: 21st Century Women Are Not So Weak by Nobody: 1:28am On May 24, 2016
johnson232:

i get your point... but u no dey sleep? or u are not in nigeria? smiley

Not in Naija. Thank God. Not with the fuel scarcity angry

(1) (Reply)

At 26, Is It Right Or Wrong To Still Live With One's Parent? / Check Out The First Thing This Woman Did Immediately After Giving Birth / I Lied It Was A Stranger But I Was With My Ex..how Do I Fix This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.