Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Dogs For Your Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dogs For Your Home (1869 Views)

Exquisite And Durable Furnitures For Your Home / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dogs For Your Home by naijaway(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2009
Welcome!!! You can answer one or more of the following questions or just have fun.

What breed and crossbreeds of dogs do you like in your home?Why?

How many dogs is too much for a home?; Regardless of size, but based on your ability to be comfortably familiar with you.

Is temperment a factor for your choice of dogs?

What three names of dogs do you like the most?

I like the german shepherd dog i use to have one called smart and I also like a crossbreed of a german shepherd and a grey hound. I like german shepherds because they are very good security dogs with minimal training, they have an acknowledging bark, they look after kids with minimal worry of danger on the kids safety or anyone in the family or very familiar, I also like them because of their size and how they display their affection when they welcome you home.

I think more than four dogs will be too much for me to live with even with kids.

I like my dogs to be agressive to strangers except a family member is around and even more aggressive at night especially in naija.

like names like smart, major, flash.
Re: Dogs For Your Home by iice(f): 5:09am On Aug 31, 2009
Depends on where i live.  I grew up with lots of dogs.  .  .prolly 20.  Crossbreeds and purebred.  All sorts from Golden retrievers, English bulldogs, dachshunds to Great danes. Depending on size of area and capability to take care of them, any number will do.  Right now i have 2 dogs, chichuahuas.  I would love to add more maybe a pug or a french bulldog and i always wanted a siberian husky smiley
Temperament is not really a factor since i love animals. And though i get lazy i always make the effort for them kiss Dogs are not that hard to train and if they are raised with kids, there shouldn't be any problem.  However sometimes they may get protective and aggressive while eating, one has just to make them understand that they are not to dominate the kids.   At first i was irritated with the chihuahuas, they have this annoying high pitch bark but they make good watch dogs because of that.  Mine are not really friendly to people though lol.  Right before the person steps to the door, they start to bark and growl.  You can tell from the bark if the person is a family member or someone else.  As for names, we have a habit of naming them after movie characters grin Though we had a female doberman we named Billy grin

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Ex-girlfriend Is Finding It Difficult To Get Pregnant For Her Hubby / I Need Advise 2 / Help!! A 27yrs Old Guy Need A Foster Parents To Adopt Him As Thiers...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.