Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:14 PM

Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar (21672 Views)

Soldier In Borno Kills Army Captain, 4 Others, Then Kills Himself (Graphic Pics) / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide In UK By Jumping From A Bridge (Photos) / Robbers In Rivers Kill SARS Official, Police Sergeant & Army Captain (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by crazymod: 11:08am On May 23, 2016
olillywales:
A retired army officer, Friday William, has reportedly hung himself to death in Calabar, Cross Rivers state.
William, who hails from Mkpat Enin, Akwa Ibom State, was said to have allegedly tied a rope on a mango tree outside his apartment at 34, Edim Otop Street in the night of Tuesday while his family was asleep and hung himself, Vanguard gathered.

Although the reason for his act is yet to be ascertained, sources alleged that the man who fathered eight children, may have been mentally challenged.

According to a neighbour, Abasi Imoh, “The man had about three cars and got a lot of money from his retirement benefits two years ago and was living well which is the reason many people are surprised with his action.

“He was not poor because he had three cars and had built a house in his village and was generally doing well that is why we were surprised with his action.

“We woke up in the morning to behold the body dangling on the mango tree outside the compound and we do not know what was responsible for his action.

“Before hanging himself, the retired captain reportedly sent a text message to his son, who lives in Port Harcourt at about 10pm, to condole with him over his death and advised him to be strong to take care of his siblings, but the son did not see the message until he got a call the next morning that his father had committed suicide and I feel he had tied the rope ready for the act before he sent the text,” Abasi added.

Meanwhile, the remains of the retired captain of the Nigerian Army has been reportedly taken to his hometown.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/19/retired-army-captain-hangs-himself-in-calabar/

Instead of me to kill myself, i better carry drug go china or go rob bank.....All die na die
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by megareal: 11:08am On May 23, 2016
Probably PTDS. I hate suicide. It doesn't solve anything rather it brings a lot of pain and grief to the living.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nobody: 11:08am On May 23, 2016
PTSD RiP
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by amsoslim(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2016
Blood of fowl
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by rita25(f): 11:09am On May 23, 2016
you got a point bro grin
talktonase:
See as him prove to Teebills that he can do it...
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by uchwar1: 11:09am On May 23, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Finally the bloods he wasted as a Soldier finally caught him when he least expected!

Karma may have treated his Bleep up!
mtchew! u are annoying
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nobody: 11:10am On May 23, 2016
Dollyak:
PTSD is a serious disorder and I doubt Nigeria does any form of rehabilitation for these men. Any soldier fighting for Nigeria needs to have a word with himself.

Rip.

@bold, in Nigeria?
Rehabilitation kor, hospitalisation ni
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by rita25(f): 11:11am On May 23, 2016
instead of committing suicide I will rather kill myself...................................... grin......dnt blame the man, hid demons has such a huge influence over his taught .....abeg bring one of his car come,the best make I help am cruise suicide comot for the car body grin
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by buksaylor001: 11:13am On May 23, 2016
Blame Buhari-
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by nkemdi89(f): 11:14am On May 23, 2016
This issue of PTSD I remember a conference where I raised it up, the then brigade commander of 342 artillery obinze M.Alkali bluntly disagreed that his men don't experienced that, as they were highly trained and are prepared to die anytime.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by rita25(f): 11:15am On May 23, 2016
you call a lily livered man weak enuf to take his own life a gallant hero? I really don't get the heroism in cowardice sis.
Ktrapp:
Rip gallant hero
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nobody: 11:15am On May 23, 2016
Oba Lagoon at work.

All the evil APC wished Nigerians before and during the elections are coming to pass.

Dogs and Baboons debacle..
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by sluk(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2016
Ramon92:
I hope he survives the suicide shaa.. sad

LOL. when/how did u escape from ur cage.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Menace2Society(m): 11:16am On May 23, 2016
Sijo01:
The man could not stand the hardship in the country anymore. Only the brave and strong at heart survive in the new Nigeria.
Run back to the kitchen love!
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Ramon92: 11:29am On May 23, 2016
sluk:

LOL. when/how did u escape from ur cage.
I just walked out, dis moreen...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Handsomecole(m): 11:34am On May 23, 2016
So he committed suicide and still died?? undecided
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nellybii: 11:40am On May 23, 2016
Sijo01:
The man could not stand the hardship in the country anymore. Only the brave and strong at heart survive in the new Nigeria.

The man was doing well so definitely poverty is ruled out as a reason.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by winj: 11:42am On May 23, 2016
he must have been mentally challenged to have 8 children in a poverty stricken country like Nigeria.
Those kids will now suffer as a result of lack of family planning

The bastard left 8 dependants for other people and the country to look after.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Xberryz(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2016
He simply remembered the soldiers he left to die in the hands of bokoboys, he couldn't live with the guilt knowing he could have done alot more
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by rawtouch: 11:51am On May 23, 2016
did dasuki mention his name
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Adebowale89(m): 11:55am On May 23, 2016
Emotional, spiritual or pyschological. Which one could be the reason for his action. Olorun iwo loye o cry
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by MissRomantic(f): 12:01pm On May 23, 2016
cally45:
What could be the cause, poverty or PTSD?
PTDS Means?
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by AreaFada2: 12:11pm On May 23, 2016
Ramon92:
I hope he survives the suicide shaa.. sad

Abeg, Pat GEJ has already left Aso Rock jor!

If it was then, the man would have killed himself instead of committing suicide.
Maybe the comic relief from Pat would have made him to laugh and forget suicide.

RIP Capitano. embarassed
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by SohMan(m): 12:21pm On May 23, 2016
We all human being are bounds to have problems and spiritually tribulation is inevitable,the most important thing is prayer, so it won't pass our power, even the strongest Man in the world as at 2001 was killed by a mere spider, ,, R.I.P
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by purpleblood: 12:22pm On May 23, 2016
BizBloke:

No excuse? Yes, but was he really alive?

Intelligent!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by ZoggingMaster: 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
Did Dazuki threaten to mention his name?
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 23, 2016
talktonase:
See as him prove to Teebills that he can do it common suicide teebils cannot commit this retiree wey do am get two head.Coward!

Bros be serious now. grin
Na pesin die soo.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by talktonase(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2016
Eve001:

Bros be serious now. grin Na pesin die soo.
He killed himself bro nobody killam.
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by LydayBobo(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Finally the bloods he wasted as a Soldier finally caught him when he least expected!

Karma may have treated his Bleep up!
Do you mean the ones he did for you and I so that we can sleep in the arms of our loved ones peacefully?
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 23, 2016
This can be a murder case o investigation is required
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by tukdi: 12:43pm On May 23, 2016
undecided undecided There is more to it than meets the eyes!
Re: Ex-Army Captain Commits Suicide In Calabar by Sijo01(f): 12:47pm On May 23, 2016
Pavore9:

I hope you did not skip this part while reading.....According to a neighbour, Abasi Imoh, “The man had about three cars and got a lot of money from his retirement benefits two years ago and was living well which is the reason many people are surprised with his action.

What's the use of 3cars when you cannot fuel them? And you expect the money paid to him 2years ago to still be intact?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Principal Who Defiled Pupils After Orient Daily’s Investigation / EFCC Arraigns Samuel Akunomah For ₦425 Million Internet Fraud, / Man Attacked And Stabbed At Football Viewing Center, Recounts Ordeal. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.