Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (576962 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
PoisonedOne:
Ntel that has less than two thousand subscribers are having network issues. They have the worst staffs from what I have experienced so far, they're only interested in selling their lines to people but don't bother about customers' satisfaction. They're yet to activate the sim I bought from them in early October 2016. I've gone to there office at Ikeja twice for it but the lady that sold it to me seems unreliable and not ready to help me. I've lost hope in their network. If guns were legalized in this country i would've shot all of them in that office, as for the girl that sold it for me, I would make sure that I shoot her and her spirit too.

I suspect some of these posts are trolling competitors.
My sim was activated immediately I bought it. You buy your sim with data. So it is activated immediately.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
now i'm frustrated

the last 48 hours has been 1 bar, and 50kbps angry angry angry

i cant even reply to some posts on nl angry angry angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2017
Throttling...
I don't think this issue happen on their data bundles..with caps
Has anyone tried that...?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Macdove02(m): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
rookidmart:

MTN gives double data bonus: buy 1.5GB and get 3GB, buy 5GB and get 10GB.
10GB is ₦5,000, so if you buy 10GB you're given another 10Gb device bonus making 20GB.
. Is it on new sims
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
Macdove02:
. Is it on new sims
All Sims, depending on the device.
To get it subscribe via the USSD , don't use the SMS method (eg 104 to 131), you don't get it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2017
PoisonedOne:
Ntel that has less than two thousand subscribers are having network issues. They have the worst staffs from what I have experienced so far, they're only interested in selling their lines to people but don't bother about customers' satisfaction. They're yet to activate the sim I bought from them in early October 2016. I've gone to there office at Ikeja twice for it but the lady that sold it to me seems unreliable and not ready to help me. I've lost hope in their network. If guns were legalized in this country i would've shot all of them in that office, as for the girl that sold it for me, I would make sure that I shoot her and her spirit too.
source?? i agree that some of their CC agents are bad but that's also the same for all the other telcos, i damaged my sim card 3 months back, could not even do a SIM retrieval and i had 1k on that sim, had to purchase another
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 10:48am On Mar 10, 2017
oyb:

I suspect some of these posts are trolling competitors.
My sim was activated immediately I bought it. You buy your sim with data. So it is activated immediately.
I am not working for any telecom. You won't understand how frustrated it was for me to leave my office at Computer village, trekked to their office at Awolowo way to purchase the sim and couldn't use it. The day I bought it the lady took my details including bio-metrics too but complained of network issues and promised to register and activate it at night while giving me her contacts to get in touch with her in case I need any help later.

I contacted her at night and reminded her to do it but she said she is on her way home that she will activate it when she gets home but she didn't do it. I reminded her the next day and the day before but she didn't do it instead she stopped responding to my chats. I later traveled and came back around middle of October and continued calling but she keeps apologizing and promising to do it. I squeezed out time to go to their office again to register my anger and frustration but I was told she was on leave and they checked my sim and confirmed it's not been registered but said they can't help me that it's the lady that sold it to me that can register it unless I will get another sim from another person but their network is down at the at the moment , so it would be activated later if i get another sim , I couldn't believe my ears and stormed out of their office feeling defeated and pained.

After some weeks I called the same girl again and reminded her of my situation and she said she is back from leave and normally comes to Computer Village that she would come the next day and promised to come to my plaza. I contacted her that next day and she told me she is busy registering some people at Computer village that she is coming to my plaza when she is through there, I called her later in the evening she told me she can't come that the machine is down and network is acting up but she would come tomorrow. I kept calling her day after day until it dawned on me that she is only interested in selling the sims and not attending to disgruntled customers; after all,she has sold the sim to me already and won't get any additional money registering it.

I gave up and stopped calling, I am only using my etisalat now (at least, it is fast and has strong 4g at the office and good at home too,but makes me to spend more), sometimes I use mtn at home. I bought glo's 4g sim but it's as useless as the 3g.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2017
malikalhaj:

source?? i agree that some of their CC agents are bad but that's also the same for all the other telcos, i damaged my sim card 3 months back, could not even do a SIM retrieval and i had 1k on that sim, had to purchase another
sorry for the unfounded figure, it was borne out the of frustration they've caused me.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2017
PoisonedOne:
I am not working for any telecom. You won't understand how frustrated it was for me to leave my office at Computer village, trekked to their office at Awolowo way to purchase the sim and couldn't use it. The day I bought it the lady took my details including bio-metrics too but complained of network issues and promised to register and activate it at night while giving me her contacts to get in touch with her in case I need any help later.

I contacted her at night and reminded her to do it but she said she is on her way home that she will activate it when she gets home but she didn't do it. I reminded her the next day and the day before but she didn't do it instead she stopped responding to my chats. I later traveled and came back around middle of October and continued calling but she keeps apologizing and promising to do it. I squeezed out time to go to their office again to register my anger and frustration but I was told she was on leave and they checked my sim and confirmed it's not been registered but said they can't help me that it's the lady that sold it to me that can register it unless I will get another sim from another person but their network is down at the at the moment , so it would be activated later if i get another sim , I couldn't believe my ears and stormed out of their office feeling defeated and pained.

After some weeks I called the same girl again and reminded her of my situation and she said she is back from leave and normally comes to Computer Village that she would come the next day and promised to come to my plaza. I contacted her that next day and she told me she is busy registering some people at Computer village that she is coming to my plaza when she is through there, I called her later in the evening she told me she can't come that the machine is down and network is acting up but she would come tomorrow. I kept calling her day after day until it dawned on me that she is only interested in selling the sims and not attending to disgruntled customers; after all,she has sold the sim to me already and won't get any additional money registering it.

I gave up and stopped calling, I am only using my etisalat now (at least, it is fast and has strong 4g at the office and good at home too,but makes me to spend more), sometimes I use mtn at home. I bought glo's 4g sim but it's as useless as the 3g.

Please include her name and number and maybe your Ntel number . I can confirm that Ntel bigwigs monitor this thread
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2017
oyb:

Please include her name and number and maybe your Ntel number . I can confirm that Ntel bigwigs monitor this thread
I don't think it's fair putting her number on an open platform like nairaland; as for the Ntel number, it's 08043038870

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
put her name, neglecting you since October is a bigger damage than exposing her name

PoisonedOne:
I don't think it's fair putting her number on an open platform like nairaland; as for the Ntel number, it's 08043038870
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mjay(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
Truth be told av bn enjoying my ntel unlimited. Downtimes are limited and the speed though not too encouraging is manageable. There is room for improvement though. All in all its not too bad the way it is, they have a customer in me.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Macdove02(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
rookidmart:

All Sims, depending on the device.
To get it subscribe via the USSD , don't use the SMS method (eg 104 to 131), you don't get it.
Ok, thanks.. I got on my main sim once before. I just remembered
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
finally the speed is back to 1mbps
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by puskin: 1:59am On Mar 11, 2017
So....is it with this epileptic service that NTEL intends to compete with other established 4G data providers?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ogetogeo(m): 5:39am On Mar 11, 2017
Ntel sha, had to drop my sim out of frustration. Using mtn 4g for now.

They better do something fast if they want to remain in this market
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2017
If I Want To Get The Sim, What Are The Required Documents Needed To Be Taken Along?

Cc Oyb, mjay, Dam5reey, pheesayor
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2017
rawdpiper:
If I Want To Get The Sim, What Are The Required Documents Needed To Be Taken Along?

Cc Oyb, mjay

Just an ID if I recall correctly. When I got my Sim, they didn't give me KYC gra gra. If they start on KYC you may need some Bill that validates your home address.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2017
oyb:

Just an ID if I recall correctly. When I got my Sim, they didn't give me KYC gra gra. If they start on KYC you may need some Bill that validates your home address.

Will The Sim Be Able To Browse Without The Kyc?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:56am On Mar 11, 2017
So how's ntel today?

Considering a 1k plan to test the waters. But i'm sure that money will be better spent on suya and a drink.......

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2017
rawdpiper:

Will The Sim Be Able To Browse Without The Kyc?

kyc means know your customer. it is a prerequisite for registration. banks and ISPs must have proof of your identity and residence before you become their customer.

you will need drivers license, passport or voters card.

you may need a phcn or water bill if they require evidence of your address.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2017
4llerbuntu:
So how's ntel today?

Considering a 1k plan to test the waters. But i'm sure that money will be better spent on suya and a drink.......

1.1mbps

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2017
rawdpiper:

Cc Oyb, mjay, Dam5reey, pheesayor

Just carry any of the official ID document you have

I don't think you need anything, just like sim registration cos, my NTel sim was registered and activated in my office..paid N500 for the 2 days plan
The guy selling it was going from office to office.. I even used his Wi-Fi box to connect...

I don't know if any will be required at the office
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyb:

1.1mbps

from the pics thats 1.1MB/s or 8.8mbps.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cube2012: 7:12am On Mar 13, 2017
Why is Nigeria like this? NL this ntel people have to die, their offices should be burnt to the ground. This scam is way bigger than MMM. How can they be doing one day on one day off? No network every second day. The annoying part is they put off their CC line. Why should they be doing this and collectin 10,000NGN for crapy epileptic tortoise service.

Pls if no one can Sue this animals drop their Sim because they will frustrate you die.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dayo89: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2017
there is a new ponzi scheme called trapenda.co. the scheme is a scam!!!!!! you provide help and when you request for help in return, it keeps pending for ages!!!! beware of this scheme! they are nothing but cheap scam artists.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by neyothunder(m): 11:12am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello, how's is ntel network I'm about to get the sim and subscribe 10k for one month.. I stay at iju ishaga I hope the network roams around that place... Glo,mtn,Etisalat, Airtel is not just worth it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
neyothunder:
Hello, how's is ntel network I'm about to get the sim and subscribe 10k for one month.. I stay at iju ishaga I hope the network roams around that place... Glo,mtn,Etisalat, Airtel is not just worth it

If all the networks called dont do it for you in terms of speed, then ntel will definitely not solve your problem.

Check your phone settings. It may just be on Edge.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CLASSMAN: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
neyothunder:
Bros no try ntel oo, i stay around ishaga too and ntel na hell oo will recommend mtn
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good People, abeg how's Ntel today?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Good People, abeg how's Ntel today?
It's been okay for some days now, got about 1.1mbps on torrent download yesterday; but it went off this afternoon for about 45minutes. Had full bars but wasn't browsing. But it's back now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.