Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (576791 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
Who was it that said ntel works with his redmi note 3?

Well I've made a screencast of my experience here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLlJ-qp-fk

I've concluded that maybe the sim they sold me has issues, because this is the exact thing I had with my zenfone 2 Laser
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
4llerbuntu:

I've concluded that maybe the sim they sold me has issues, because this is the exact thing I had with my zenfone 2 Laser

That NTel seems to work well on phone with both band 3 and 8... My phone has only 3, it fluctuates 4G...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
4llerbuntu:

The sim has no issues. I had an RN3 SE myself, and i experienced same on miui, whether on dev rom or global stable. Trust me, i did everything possible to get it to work, but to no avail. But it worked perfectly without hassles on LineageOS, AOSP and CAF based custom roms. I'll be getting a new RN3 SE by Friday. Will make similar video to show that it works on custom roms.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
Dam5reey:

That NTel seems to work well on phone with both band 3 and 8... My phone has only 3, it fluctuates 4G...
ntel works well with devices with either band 3 or 8, or both. The only difference you would easily notice is that devices with band 8, naturally, get better reception, since it runs on lower frequency, which means better in-building penetration and longer range.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by amblors(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2017
My phone has band 3 and the ntel rep said twas fluctuating on my phone. So I ddint take the SIM
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
amblors:
My phone has band 3 and the ntel rep said twas fluctuating on my phone. So I ddint take the SIM
Same experience... cheesy It works perfectly on my MTN Modem with 3 and 8 bands
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GrandMufti: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
dustmalik:

The sim has no issues. I had an RN3 SE myself, and i experienced same on miui, whether on dev rom or global stable. Trust me, i did everything possible to get it to work, but to no avail. But it worked perfectly without hassles on LineageOS, AOSP and CAF based custom roms. I'll be getting a new RN3 SE by Friday. Will make similar video to show that it works on custom roms.

Interesting.

But why are you getting a new phone?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GrandMufti: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
Dam5reey:

This is why I look out for lte bands when buying a phone. But even with just one band, it's supposed to work fine. Those miui guys Sabi tamper stuffs
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
GrandMufti:

Interesting.

But why are you getting a new phone?

cheesy.. I wanted to get a MI Max, but then i changed my mind again. I love the unofficial support Kenzo and Kate enjoy especially on xda.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GrandMufti: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
dustmalik:

cheesy.. I wanted to get a MI Max, but then i changed my mind again. I love the unofficial support Kenzo and Kate enjoy especially on xda.

Exactly. Please if possible try smile network. I'm sure it'll work with custom rom
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2017
GrandMufti:

Exactly. Please if possible try smile network. I'm sure it'll work with custom rom
Will surely do and post the results here.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by amblors(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2017
Dam5reey:

Seems that mtn modem is the best around. With great battery life too. How much does it go for? Did you have to hack it to work with ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2017
amblors:

Seems that mtn modem is the best around. With great battery life too. How much does it go for? Did you have to hack it to work with ntel

I bought from reseller 8k unlocked, that time it was going for 5k without data...
But now it s 20k, plus 10GB data double data offer makes it 20GB

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
Una get service this evening?

There's service bars but data won't connect on my mifi
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:58am On Mar 18, 2017
Wawuu
What a wawuu

I'm assuming since no one has replied me since yesterday, y'all don't have Internet access too. Ntel had done their best Work as usual
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Wawuu
What a wawuu

I'm assuming since no one has replied me since yesterday, y'all don't have Internet access too. Ntel had done their best Work as usual

Ive had service through the week. 1.3 Mbs
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Wawuu
What a wawuu

Had a bit of downtime around apapa yesterday but it was only for about 30mins. Service has been restored, as I was able to stream movies on kodi on my TV box, and it's been okay of late; limited buffering.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GrandMufti: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Wawuu
What a wawuu

grin grin na real wawuu
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2017
I see.

Thanks.

Meanwhile does anyone have any idea how to fix a Mifi that won't connect to 4G anymore?

It's a E5372s. It works fine with MTN 3G but won't lock signal on 4G.

Yes, it supports mtn 4G I've been using it for months.

Yes there's 4G in my location. If I put the sim card in my phone it works with 4G fine

Only started this style 2 days ago.

Any ideas? E don reach EOL?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by samo123: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2017
dustmalik:

pls how to install​ custom ROM on RN3 SE
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
4llerbuntu:
I see.

Thanks.

Meanwhile does anyone have any idea how to fix a Mifi that won't connect to 4G anymore?

It's a E5372s. It works fine with MTN 3G but won't lock signal on 4G.

Yes, it supports mtn 4G I've been using it for months.

Yes there's 4G in my location. If I put the sim card in my phone it works with 4G fine

Only started this style 2 days ago.

Any ideas? E don reach EOL?
Download the Huawei mobile app and set network to 4G only.

If it doesn't work reset the mifi.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
rookidmart:

Download the Huawei mobile app and set network to 4G only.

If it doesn't work reset the mifi.

Ive been doing these to no avail.

Infact na when I set 4G only gangan e no dey work. Once I put 3G only, e go work.

And the useless thing no gree downgrade firmware
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
NTEL!!!!!

it is not now, as rogue one 1080p brrip is out that you will start to eff up!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
oyb:
NTEL!!!!!

it is not now, as rogue one 1080p brrip is out that you will start to eff up!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Pirate
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
samo123:
pls how to install​ custom ROM on RN3 SE
It's been a very hectic day for me. I moved to a new place, hence why I've been offline since morning.

Anyway, normally you would need to unlock your bootloader and root before you can install custom roms, but there is a way of avoiding unlocking bootloader and still be able to flash any custom rom meant for Kenzo. Just follow the instructions on the following link and you will be able to run any custom rom or kernel meant for Kenzo on your Kate.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/kate-guide-install-lineage-os-locked-t3546154
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:00am On Mar 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

My Kate device landed in Lagos on Wednesday, so I thought I'd get it by Friday in Abuja, but the status hasn't changed since then, and Nipost tracking system has been down since that Wednesday angry see me see wahala oo cheesy
Anyway, I've been moving to a new place, so I didn't even have time to go to the post office sef. Will go there on Monday and see if it has gotten there
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
GrandMufti:

Here is the video as promised. In the video, i have both Smile and ntel working very stable on LineageOS 14.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEKAA7rLeHI
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2017
na real wa. been stuck on 100kb/s all evening
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GrandMufti: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2017
dustmalik:

Here is the video as promised. In the video, i have both Smile and ntel working very stable on LineageOS 14.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEKAA7rLeHI

Wow! Thanks man! It seems miui still has a long way to go!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:28am On Mar 22, 2017
It's not MIUI.
It's ntel and their funny network configuration that isn't compatible with majority of devices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.