Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (575471 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ntelassist: 2:09pm On May 05, 2017
Hello friend. You are very correct. Most operators,users, engineers etc.are makimg the same mistakes.
We are no different.
The generally accepted unit of measurement for speedtests is kilobits per second.

pheesayor:
They told me kilobytes on twitter

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 3:36pm On May 05, 2017
moonraker:
let me troll cheesy
What Country Is This Coming From And What's The ISP?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:41pm On May 05, 2017
ntelassist:
Hello friend. You are very correct. Most operators,users, engineers etc.are makimg the same mistakes.
We are no different.
The generally accepted unit of measurement for speedtests is kilobits per second.

I'm afraid yours is the sort of misinformation guys fall for. There is no generally accepted single unit of measurement for speed tests, friend.

Test sites and others either set a convenient unit as their own preferred defaults which remain constant no matter the throughput (e.g. Mbps at speedtest.net, which a user can change particularly if registered,) or base readouts on the class of speed. With the latter style, fast.com provides kbps if one's throughput is under 1 Mb/s, otherwise its output is in Mb/s; IDM, on the other hand, defaults straight to KB/s (8Kb/s) if under 1 MB/s, and jumps to MB/s (8Mb/s) if over. Still, testmy.net tries to present at least two of the units of measurement per test.

With the above reigning scenario, misinformation - some in fact deliberate - w.r.t speed test results, are not likely to go away any time soon. Those consumers who love themselves and value their hard earned money, should just try to arm themselves with correct, non-distorted or misrepresented information regarding products they buy into.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 3:49pm On May 05, 2017
rawdpiper:

What Country Is This Coming From And What's The ISP?

Do note that @moonraker - the poster you responded to - kindly stated that the post is a troll post. So, I'll advice to not take the post too seriously.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by moonraker(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2017
duwdu:

Do note that @moonraker - the poster you responded to - kindly stated that the post is a troll post. So, I'll advice to not take the post too seriously.

P34c3

Actually, it's kind of a truth troll post. That screenshot is legit. It is however not a Nigerian network.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 6:09pm On May 05, 2017
moonraker:

Actually, it's kind of a truth troll post. That screenshot is legit. It is however not a Nigerian network.

Fair enough; and thanks for clarifying.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by samodan(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2017
pheesayor:
They told me kilobytes on twitter

Ehen, interesting
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2017
Please house what is ntel speed like
I want to subscribe to night.
Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2017
grin grin

Just subscribe. An experience will convict you

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2017
jesbu:
Please house what is ntel speed like
I want to subscribe to night.
Thanks

Bros, no try am oh..... I'm back to spectranet, i no fit shout abeg. NTEL can enjoy their unlimited heart ache...

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 5:26am On May 16, 2017
saint2ace:

Bros, no try am oh..... I'm back to spectranet, i no fit shout abeg. NTEL can enjoy their unlimited heart ache...
Thanks very much
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2017
Hian.

Stop chasing their customers nau.

Don't mind him jare. It's just that you will only get 3Gb

If they have strong signal in your area, it will be decent speed, hopefully tongue cos na per head ntel matter be.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CLASSMAN: 11:34am On May 16, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Hian.

Stop chasing their customers nau.

Don't mind him jare. It's just that you will only get 3Gb

If they have strong signal in your area, it will be decent speed, hopefully tongue cos na per head ntel matter be.
Tell the guy the honest truth Thier network is not good period, nobody is driving there customers away, mind u we were once at a point there customers and we left so if anybody is asking for honest advice they should be able to advice , if they up Thier game we will be back shalom
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2017
CLASSMAN:

Tell the guy the honest truth Thier network is not good period, nobody is driving there customers away, mind u we were once at a point there customers and we left so if anybody is asking for honest advice they should be able to advice , if they up Thier game we will be back shalom
thank you very much.
If their network is good I will definitely go for it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 16, 2017
CLASSMAN:

4llerbuntu is being sarcastic.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2017
I am hooked on their unlimited plans, I think long and hard at going back to plans where I have to be counting how much data I use and I feel like fainting, LoL.

Anybody using Spectranet unlimited plans? What's it like?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by otokx(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2017
So far so good, this is my second month of using NTEL, location is Port Harcourt.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 16, 2017
oyb:

i am presently on spectranet unlimited. 18k/month [they gave me 1k discount]
2-3mb/s

their fup is for the unlimited is 100gb - after which they will revert to the same 512Kbps / 60kbps -

not sure how much i have downloaded so far - maybe around 50gb. the real acid test is what happens after 100gb

connection was a little flaky in satellite town yesterday - but its back now.

now i'm being throttled to 100kbps after exceeding fup
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:09am On May 18, 2017
Am about to get an OUTDOOR ANTENNA for my Ntel modern as signal is fluctuating @ my place .How much speed increase do I hope to get?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 10:16am On May 18, 2017
purplekayc:
Am about to get an OUTDOOR ANTENNA for my Ntel modern as signal is fluctuating @ my place .How much speed increase do I hope to get?
do they work? the last one i got did not work
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2017
malikalhaj:

what do you mean ?
The signals were badvor it couldn't see the sim?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2017
malikalhaj:

what do you mean ?
The signals were bad or it couldn't see the sim?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 7:46am On May 19, 2017
oyb:

18k....100gb of uninterrupted good service is not a bad deal.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 7:47am On May 19, 2017
purplekayc:
what do you mean ?
The signals were bad or it couldn't see the sim?
i was getting the same number of bars as the normal antenna (was using the swift device not mifi)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2017
malikalhaj:

i was getting the same number of bars as the normal antenna (was using the swift device not mifi)
maybe the antenna wasn't set properly
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2017
those external antenna things don't work jare
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by AjanleKoko: 8:58am On May 19, 2017
ntel issues thread don become Spectranet troubleshooting and optimization thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 19, 2017
AjanleKoko:
ntel issues thread don become Spectranet troubleshooting and optimization thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It would seem that Spectranet is ntel's most direct competitor.

Maybe Ntel should take more than a cursory look at spectranets offerings.

I have repeatedly, even in a call they made to me yesterday, advised that they provide a monthly heavy user data plan. Still nothing. I cannot understand how they expect a user to pay for three months upfront.

Spectrnets throttling is still usable, even if annoying ( no u are approaching fuplimit warnings and a waste for heavy users ( I went through the 100gb in one week.)

The bonus is on Ntel to provide a competitive service.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 12:01pm On May 19, 2017
oyb:

What about the free night browsing. Are you still able to use it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 12:17pm On May 19, 2017
purplekayc:
maybe the antenna wasn't set properly
plug antenna, then screw it tight, is there a special way?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 19, 2017
toluxa1:

What about the free night browsing. Are you still able to use it?

The unlimited gold plan has no free night browsing.

It is a capped 100gb plan which degrades from 3mb/s to 100kb/s

WebPages and YouTube still appear to load fine however.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2017
oyb:

The unlimited gold plan has no free night browsing.

It is a capped 100gb plan which degrades from 3mb/s to 100kb/s

WebPages and YouTube still appear to load fine however.
That's why I prefer the 12,500 own
You get 40gb plus extra 40gb plus 1000 Naira.. Then at night you get 1.3mb/s (midnight)
In summary for 11,500# you get
80Gb + free night browsing (1-7am at 1.3mb/s or lowest 1mb/s ) which is what I am using
It's far better than 100gb for 18k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (272) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.