Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577118 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2018
lalasticaca:
pls check my signature pls

There was a glitch, but it has been resolved...
I experienced it too, but in my own case my data was totally wiped but I still browsed for about 7 hours.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by daamazing(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

Think it might be software issues with miui
Nope, doesn't work with AOSR ROMs too. Tested it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 4:45am On May 24, 2018
daamazing:
Nope, doesn't work with AOSR ROMs too. Tested it
What device do you use?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2018
I think Swift Merit has a speed cap on it........

Now I have access to two swift devices
(i) A swift runner with a SIM subscribed to swift merit
(ii) A swift router with a SIM subscribed to Swift Essential(comes with 30GB, no unlimited bonus)

When the unlimited time kicked in for the swift merit, I plugged the runner and started downloading, noticed I was not getting top notch speed, was getting speeds between 500KB/s - 1MB/s, occasionally 2MB/s I disconnected from the runner and connected to the router to confirm if it was a general issue. To my surprise I was getting 3,4,5 MB/s easily from the router but had to disconnect from it because it didn't come with unlimited plan.

Thinking it was probably the router that was getting a stronger signal, I took the SIM from the runner and placed it in the router and I was practically getting the same speed from when it was in the runner. Returned the SIMs back to their default positions and I was getting blazing speed from the SIM subscribed to the swift essential....

That led me to thinking if there's a speed cap on the unlimited plans.......

Anybody else experiencing this issue?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2018
rawdpiper:
I think Swift Merit has a speed cap on it........

Now I have access to two swift devices
(i) A swift runner with a SIM subscribed to swift merit
(ii) A swift router with a SIM subscribed to Swift Essential(comes with 30GB, no unlimited bonus)

When the unlimited time kicked in for the swift merit, I plugged the runner and started downloading, noticed I was no getting too notch speed was bordering between 500KB/s - 1MB/s, occasionally 2MB/s I disconnected from the runner and connected to the router to confirm if it was a general issue. To my surprise I was getting []b3,4,5 MB/s[/b] easily from the router but had to disconnect from it because it didn't come with unlimited plan.

Thinking it was probably the router that was getting a stronger signal, I took the SIM from the runner and placed it in the router and I was practically getting the same speed from when it was in the runner. Returned the SIMs back to their default positions and I was getting blazing speed from the SIM subscribed to the swift essential....

That led me to thinking if there's a speed cap on the unlimited plans.......

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Don't you think it would be cheating to be downloading at 4-5MBs for 6hours per days and 19hours on Sunday using 3k subscription,
Would there be need to buy Essential plans.. wink

At 3k 1MB is very ok as long as it's stable..

My subscription is 7k, 18GB 18 hours, 6hours free unlimited night, I do get over 2MBs in the night with that you can do 18GB in 2 days..
Note: the 2MBs is from a poor Network, 1or 2 bar at most..

If it's capped it's still very ok
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:05am On May 24, 2018
Dam5reey:

Don't you think it would be cheating to be downloading at 4-5MBs for 6hours per days and 19hours on Sunday using 3k subscription,
Would there be need to buy Essential plans.. wink

At 3k 1MB is very ok as long as it's stable..

My subscription is 7k, 18GB 18 hours, 6hours free unlimited night, I do get over 2MBs in the night with that you can do 18GB in 2 days..
Note: the 2MBs is from a poor Network, 1or 2 bar at most..

If it's capped it's still very ok

Yh....I understand. But the thing is even the 1MB/s is not stable, it mostly hovers around 600KB,700KB. And it's a full network, three bars. Is your 2MB/s stable?

Is your 2MB/s stable?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by daamazing(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2018
dustmalik:

What device do you use?
Redmi note 4X
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Oyeleye101(m): 10:32am On May 24, 2018
Anyone using ntel sim in Ibadan?
How is the network?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 10:36am On May 24, 2018
daamazing:
Redmi note 4X
On Redmi note 4x, it won't work either way on ntel, whether custom ROM or miui. I've tried everything to get it to work.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 10:38am On May 24, 2018
Oyeleye101:
Anyone using ntel sim in Ibadan?
How is the network?
ntel is not officially available in Ibadan.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Oyeleye101(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2018
dustmalik:

ntel is not officially available in Ibadan.
Make I forget then
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 10:43am On May 24, 2018
adamix:

Think it might be software issues with miui
Have you actually tried it on AOSP roms?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 24, 2018
adamix:

Network signal guru
I got an error message: Qualcomm driver not available...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2018
rawdpiper:

Yh....I understand. But the thing is even the 1MB/s is not stable, it mostly hovers around 600KB,700KB. And it's a full network, three bars. Is your 2MB/s stable?

Is your 2MB/s stable?

Yes, Very stable..

I just confirmed what you said, I just migrated to PROMO Swift Essential Plus, cc helped change it..
My speed obviously dropped.. nothing near MBs again, na KB grin PROMO plan are throttle, which I don't blaim them at all, it's too cheap..

I will test again later..
New plan has this feature

20GB of data, plus free, unlimited nights (11pm - 8am daily, 11pm Saturday - 6pm Sunday) 8k

Initial plan
18GB of Data, plus free unlimited night (12am - 6am daily) 7k Unlimited speed..

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2018
dustmalik:

On Redmi note 4x, it won't work either way on ntel, whether custom ROM or miui. I've tried everything to get it to work.
. Works well in custom rom. . message me to help you out
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adamix(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2018
Server88:
Worked fine for me
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by adamix(m): 12:14pm On May 24, 2018
vanchi:
Hes talking about volte
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:51pm On May 24, 2018
vanchi:
I was talking about VoLTE, not getting ntel network to be stable.

By the way, i've come up with a faster, better and simpler way to get ntel working on Xiaomi devices, and it works on all miui roms, whether on sim 1 or 2. I'll make a video and post it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:55pm On May 24, 2018
Server88:
As far as i know, it only works with Qualcomm SoCs and it must be rooted. I think your device's SoC is not Qualcomm.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2018
dustmalik:

By the way, i've come up with a faster, better and simpler way to get ntel working on Xiaomi devices, and it works on all miui roms, whether on sim 1 or 2. I'll make a video and post it.

let me know when you do
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2018
Dam5reey:

Yes, Very stable..

I just confirmed what you said, I just migrated to PROMO Swift Essential Plus, cc helped change it..
My speed obviously dropped.. nothing near MBs again, na KB grin PROMO plan are throttle, which I don't blaim them at all, it's too cheap..

20GB of data, plus free, unlimited nights (11pm - 8am daily, 11pm Saturday - 6pm Sunday) 8k

Initial plan

Wow.... I was already thinking I was forming a conspiracy theory.. grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
Dam5reey:

Yes, Very stable..

Initial plan

Got this response from cc

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2018
rawdpiper:

Test again
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2018
dustmalik:

Ntel?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dacronym(m): 11:12pm On May 24, 2018
So because I want to get 10 + 12gb I will refresh for almost 2 days
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by aIIkae: 6:02am On May 25, 2018
Server88:
You get 1Gb for N500 on Pulse and it gets doubled to 2GB. If your sim is selected for double data all you subs get doubled. Well, if your sim ain't selected, you could trick the system into selecting your sim.
1. Send DOUBLE to 131 as a text message.

2. Send PROMO to 131 as a text message.

3. Then, Send FREE to 131 as a text message.
Didn't work bro they don't double the pulse data
Did it work for you?
If not kindly stop sharing unverified information without stating that it's unverified!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by aIIkae: 6:10am On May 25, 2018
Ntel has always been shit one time i subbed earlier this year i couldn't open a single page throughout.
It got a bit better recently and i subbed again then it got worse. YouTube is mostly decent but downloads are at 300-600kBps ish on good times until you reach their cap of 4gb ish and then speed goes to shit levels less than 100kBps.
I think I'll get a swift sim and jump on the 3k plan then combine it with something else.

This thread was helpful. Peace
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 7:30am On May 25, 2018
Swift today...
Slower than usual...
Beht still blazing ✅

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2018
rawdpiper:

My updated plan, Testing this morning.. amazing speed though my plan is 8k

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:37am On May 25, 2018
Dam5reey:

yh. me too. Was getting the same speed, I even had 7MB/s at a point but it was for a brief moment. Was generally better than yesterday.

Though it's fast. If you had used a normal data plan(no promos attached), you'll probably be getting 5MB/s. You get what I'm trying to say? I probably don't know what I'm saying sef grin grin conspiracy theory
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by youngderek1(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
Dam5reey:

bro, u using swift?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Donfamous(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2018
dustmalik:

please when will you release the video ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.