Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? (40403 Views)

Van Gaals Official Statement To Manchester United. / Finally Manchester United Officially Sacks Louis Van Gaal / Man Utd Could Miss Out On Zlatan Ibrahimovic If They Keep Louis Van Gaal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2016
initialize:
United didn't want to sack van gaal but he gave us no choice. I doubt any top team in England will even allow him to finish the season like United did.

He was not different in style to Moyes... They bothprioritise defense and use the long - ball - to - fellaini attacking system which is very boring to watch.

Morinho is another boring to watch manager and will end up sacked before his time as usual.

I will continue to watch the old United game play in Southampton. They play like Sir Alex' Man United.

The Red Devils are top of the pile in terms of possession but have been criticized by their fans for not making the most of their opportunities when they keep the ball.

Louis van Gaal’s philosophy saw Manchester United keep a majority of the possession but did little with the ball.

http://m.sportskeeda.com/football/stats-leicester-city-possession-stats-compared-epl-champions-recent-years
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Odunharry(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
grin
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
initialize:

Most of those possession passes were back passes. Check the stats

I get your point but that has always been Van Gaal's Philosophy and style. He keeps the ball for long until he sees gaps.

I thought you meant he just dished balls out all the time.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by donem: 12:29pm On May 23, 2016
Nice one there, but the sack alone won't pacify me, I need his head too.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by darlingtonIIV(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:
He only signed 2years contract and it has just expired. They didn't sack him, his contract wasn't renewed, the OP should change the topic to 'Manutd Failed To Renew LVG Contract'.

Jose mourinho to be announced tomorrow, watch this space.

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool
actually sir he signed a 3year contract that was to supposed to expire in 2017

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
Nooooooo why sack our headmaster and his note book

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
cocoduck:
see them see arseanal fans, yeye.

Proudly a Cityzen, Proudly a noisy neighbor.

I am a Manchester City fan
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by youngaz(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
It has been DONE........SEALED and CONFIRMED............Louis Van Gaal has been sacked by Manchester United ooooooooo
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by MaziOmenuko: 12:30pm On May 23, 2016
mukina2:
I will miss the philosophy and his note book sad

grin grin

I think he was just doing Rashford's assignment since the kid was saving his ar'se from getting sacked.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by fredoooooo: 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
mukina2:
I will miss the philosophy and his note book sad

grin grin

Useless gal/boy Assnal can replace Wenger with am na grin
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by initialize(m): 12:32pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The Red Devils are top of the pile in terms of possession but have been criticized by their fans for not making the most of their opportunities when they keep the ball.

Louis van Gaal’s philosophy saw Manchester United keep a majority of the possession but did little with the ball.

http://m.sportskeeda.com/football/stats-leicester-city-possession-stats-compared-epl-champions-recent-years

They kept passing it to De Gea... Especially that useless Schneidelin, back pass everytime. Even Rooney will be at the edge of the box and still look for a player behind him to pass it to.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Davidolives(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
It is a mistake getting rid of Louis Van Gaal. They complain ( well according to reports ) that he is not a good man manager but are bringing in another man who is useless when it comes to man management.

Sir Alex left this club in total disaster but United fans won't agree as he won them so many titles. Wenger for all his faults, if he lives Arsenal today, he will be leaving behind a solid structure that will make it easy for whoever replaces him to do well.
where is the solid structure yimu, with Ozil or sachez or giroud.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by khattab02: 12:33pm On May 23, 2016
We all saw this coming....

He too also knows with or without the FA cup his time was up.

Just as bbc chief football writer said '' Wenger and Van Gaal are very good coaches, no doubt! But their time has passed'' they are now obsolete!

#Goodbye to Drab and disgusting football
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by bettercreature(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2016
Franky9584:
is Mourinho really d best option here?
They are actually getting scared of Guardiola,they dont want Man City to overtake them but seriously i hate the way they treated van gaal it was so inhuman,Brittish media never allowed him to do his job

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Plus234(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
They are actually getting scared of Guardiola,they dont want Man City to overtake them but seriously i hate the way they treated van gaal it was so inhuman,Brittish media never allowed him to do his job

Oga name ur club pls ?
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2016
initialize:

They kept passing it to De Gea... Especially that useless Schneidelin, back pass everytime. Even Rooney will be at the edge of the box and still look for a player behind him to pass it to.

That is the philosophy. By the time you guys have mastered it, you guys would have been deadly to other teams.

At least, Van Gaal's dream of a high possession and high scoring Manchester United will not happen because your owners want to rush everything.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Ruq: 12:35pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Appointing Jose Mourinho is not a smart move for United. They went against their own policy with this appointment which shows desperation on their part.

This is why I always said it that Sir Alex was a greed man who left the club worst off. He made absolutely no plans for his successor before leaving the club. The squad was extremely very bad, he only managed to win the league with the same squad as a result of the signing of Robin Van Persie a signing which in it own was selfish and not long term.

Many kids who started watching football last night will disagree but those who can think know United are suffering today simply because Sir Alex was more interested in his own glory and not the future of the club.

He left behind Vidic, Rio, Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Chicharito, Phil Jones, Carrick and Evra. All of who were either past it or very injury prone or outright useless.

Exactly, Moyes mumu fell for the trap so bad i was surprised when he endorsed him as "best man for the job". He purposely didn't want continuity so that fans keep wishing he never left and show how good he was.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:

Very unfair of them. Including Scholes who was supposed to be reasonable. Scholes was allover the media attacking Van Gaal.

At least he left with a Silver ware after sticking to his philosophy.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by xtervaganza(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:
He only signed 2years contract and it has just expired. They didn't sack him, his contract wasn't renewed, the OP should change the topic to 'Manutd Failed To Renew LVG Contract'.

A new Era has just begun and we can safely assume that Arsenal has lost 6 points already next season. cool
if you're truly a United fan and not a plastic one you would know Van Gaal signed a 3 year deal

All the best

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
exactly my point, man.u fans demanded too much

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by khattab02: 12:39pm On May 23, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

I think he was just doing Rashford's assignment since the kid was saving his ar'se from getting sacked.
hehehehehe...... grin
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by tyav7: 12:40pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Appointing Jose Mourinho is not a smart move for United. They went against their own policy with this appointment which shows desperation on their part.

This is why I always said it that Sir Alex was a greed man who left the club worst off. He made absolutely no plans for his successor before leaving the club. The squad was extremely very bad, he only managed to win the league with the same squad as a result of the signing of Robin Van Persie a signing which in it own was selfish and not long term.

Many kids who started watching football last night will disagree but those who can think know United are suffering today simply because Sir Alex was more interested in his own glory and not the future of the club.

He left behind Vidic, Rio, Rooney, Robin Van Persie, Chicharito, Phil Jones, Carrick and Evra. All of who were either past it or very injury prone or outright useless.
Chai! See as e dey pain you.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2016
Giggs is probably the first casualty of Mourinho's arrival and the players do not want Giggs to go.

'Giggs has impressed the squad with his coaching and his tactical analysis of opponents – the specific job he has been assigned by Van Gaal.

There is a belief within the squad that Giggs has kept his own counsel on Van Gaal’s approach in order not to rock the boat, but he retains the respect and admiration of the players...'
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by skywalker001(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Awa Omo bingo.
Who knows the meaning in Yoruba ??
My girlfriend keeps saying this and i don't know the meaning
Lolz its means Dog's children... Ready to return d favour wen ma ibo gf go tel me wetin I no undastand grin
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 12:42pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Proudly a Cityzen, Proudly a noisy neighbor.

I am a Manchester City fan
no wonder, common get out! you put mouth for wetin no concern you, you have your pep so, when you appointed him did we say anything? yeye!
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by tinsel: 12:42pm On May 23, 2016
It is now official. Van gaal is gone.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by anigold(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
flexxyworld:
'Lose' van gaal.!
I just can't wait too watch the real classic premier league next season. 'Mourinho, guardiola, conte, pocchetino, raneiri, mazzarri, wenger' all coaching. In the EPL, simeone. We await yo!

After so many ATTEMPTs lately, FP&FTC
Moral lesson : never give up on your dreams, cheers! What a way too start my week.
and you think MOU will just come and start picking trophies, hmmm time shall tell.
Though van gaal spent over £250M for only the FA cup to show for... The glory hunting culture of some clubs is just mind-blowing...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by Segadem(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:

Mr. Man,wetin arsenal do u? grin grin grin[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by OLADD: 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
valencia25:

What's Arsenal's headache with Mourinho's appointment? Was he not the coach of Chelsea when they almost went on relegation? Man U fans too dey get mouth.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2016
cocoduck:

no wonder, common get out! you put mouth for wetin no concern you, you have your pep so, when you appointed him did we say anything? yeye!

It is just sweeting my body. Mourinho has not yet landed and players are already grumbling. Enjoy Mourinho and please Kick Giggs out of the club before you close it.
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by cocoduck: 12:45pm On May 23, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Giggs is probably the first casualty of Mourinho's arrival and the players do not want Giggs to go.

'Giggs has impressed the squad with his coaching and his tactical analysis of opponents – the specific job he has been assigned by Van Gaal.

There is a belief within the squad that Giggs has kept his own counsel on Van Gaal’s approach in order not to rock the boat, but he retains the respect and admiration of the players...'
rubbish
Re: Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? by xtervaganza(m): 12:45pm On May 23, 2016
amagunnerfan:

calm your t1ts, mate. You can't blame sir Alex for everything that happened at a big club like Man u.

They spent a lot of money on new players after he left. The problem is the team's integration.

And what is Evra and Chicharito doing in your list? Last season alone he won player of the month 3 times in the Bundesliga. That's not a washed up player to me and Evra was in last season champions league final with Juventus. He has double 2 times since he moved to Italy and starting week in week out. And you know what? Evra just signed a new 2 year deal.

It was mismanagement that ruined the team, not Fergie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (3 - 2) On 4th December 2021 / Arsenal Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 2) on 5th December 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.