Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming (1869 Views)

Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application / Here Is Why You Should First Learn Python As A Beginner In Programming / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 23, 2016
Please i have no previous knowledge on programming by i wanna start with python. Can i learn python on my own ? Please if u also have links to videos ,e books please lemme know them.thanks
Re: Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by dsypha(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2016
How else do you want to learn it?

This book has all you need: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y-n6IlHYliSXZxMk0xT0NSY1E/preview
Re: Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 23, 2016
dsypha:
How else do you want to learn it?

This book has all you need: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y-n6IlHYliSXZxMk0xT0NSY1E/preview
baba tanks...ur d best
Re: Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by eNelo(f): 3:15pm On May 23, 2016
Sweetie, you can learn to do anything on your own if you're ready to sweat. Grit is the only requirement thats indispensable in learning any technology.

The first few months of programming are usually quite tricky, but the key is this: keep coding. Books are great yes, but you could read 10 great books and not be able to compete with a coder that has doled out 10 projects.

My advice to you would be this: identify something small that you need, and create the app. Let me explain: when I first started, I noticed how much I used the Windows Sticky Notes, but I always had to write the dates myself. So I used Java to create another version of sticky notes where the dates were automatically added and my entries were much more organised.
It can get really confusing: not really understanding what youre doing. But it gets better pretty fast.

Also, finishing one project is no excuse to sit back. As youre finishing one, start another. Making projects is the fastest and most thorough route to coding well IMO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by dsypha(m): 4:06pm On May 23, 2016
eNelo:
Sweetie, you can do learn anything on your own if you're ready to sweat. Grit is the only requirement thats indispensable to learn any technology.

The first few months of programming are usually quite tricky, but the key is this: keep coding. Books are great yes, but you could read 10 great books and not be able to compete with a coder that has doled out 10 projects.

My advice to you would be this: identify something small that you need, and create the app. Let me explain: when I first started, I noticed how much I used the Windows Sticky Notes, but I always had to write the dates myself. So I used Java to create another version of sticky notes.
It can get really confusing: not really understanding what youre doing. But it gets better pretty fast.

Also, finishing one project is no excuse to sit back. As youre finishing one, start another. Making projects is the fastest and most thoroug route to coding well IMO.

You cannot be more than correct, dear.. nothing beats hands-on experience
Re: Can I Learn Python On My Own? Even With No Previous Knowledge In Programming by jacob05(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2016
eNelo:
Sweetie, you can do learn anything on your own if you're ready to sweat. Grit is the only requirement thats indispensable to learn any technology.

My advice to you would be this: identify something small that you need, and create the app. Let me explain: when I first started, I noticed how much I used the Windows Sticky Notes, but I always had to write the dates myself. So I used Java to create another version of sticky notes.

Also, finishing one project is no excuse to sit back. As youre finishing one, start another. Making projects is the fastest and most thoroug route to coding well IMO.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help. How Do I Convert Excel Sheets To Vcard For Free Pls Pls Pls / . / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.