Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

7 Reasons To Password Your Devices - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices (20776 Views)

Are You Using The Right Charger For Your Devices? / 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device / 7 Reasons You Should Use Airtel Night Plan Over MTN Night Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by 2kurupt(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Lol, my mum don complain tire...always locked grin

I bet you got some raunchy contents hidden deep somewhere wink
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 23, 2016
Password your device at your own peril. When accident strokes, you have a very slim chance of being helped. I password only some vital applications like video player, gallery, flash share or whatever you called it, and file manager including any file that will make you gain access to my vital stuffs.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by chichriso: 8:57pm On May 23, 2016
your reasons are not really reason
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by AngelAhnie(f): 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
2kurupt:

I bet you got some raunchy contents hidden deep somewhere wink
Nothing raunchy dear, I like my privacy
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by feldido(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2016
Why not download Vault? It can lock some selected messages, calls, hide photos and videos.

What i enjoy most is that u can actually hide the app(vault) from your app drawer, all u need to do is just dial ur password on ur dial pad and it comes up, or u can disguise it like a calculator. wink grin
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by feldido(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2016
Why not download Vault? It can lock(encrypt) some selected messages, calls, hide photos and videos.

What i enjoy most is that u can actually hide the app(vault) from your app drawer, all u need to do is just dial ur password on ur dial pad and it comes up, or u can disguise it like a calculator. wink grin
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by donhils: 10:12pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:
Let me give u 1 reason y u should not password ur phone.

A guy in my area had accident, his phone was not on password, dat is how der check his last call. And locate his pple,. No body knws him in d scene....

God forbid, incase of emergency, who password go epp??
That's a cool point too, but the reasons to lock your devices outweighs the reason not to. You're talking about case of emergency which doesn't happen all the time but his reasons to lock your devices are things that occur almost on a daily basis.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by captainbangz: 6:12am On May 24, 2016
op. dat your number seven lie lie story ehn, i trowey salute oh
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by CzarRex: 6:35am On May 24, 2016
LORDI:
I don't put password in my phone, I just use app lock to lock some vitals apps. Always helpful
you will be scared when they delete the app lock and everything that u have been hiding will be opened.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by ify84(m): 9:35am On May 24, 2016
FrankValency:
to be honest, I don't password my phones, but the day I had experience with no 7 grin at a family meeting, that was d day I searched for password lockers and I found the one that locks only private videos , some also locks messages but pass wording the fone in general is a no no for me, I hav never been comfortable with that.

Which app can I get to password my sms and watsapp?
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by kolexepana: 10:16am On May 24, 2016
Depends on the kinda phone you use tho.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Mettlefriday(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2016
kingDELE:
Let me give u 1 reason y u should not password ur phone.

A guy in my area had accident, his phone was not on password, dat is how der check his last call. And locate his pple,. No body knws him in d scene....

God forbid, incase of emergency, who password go epp??

Locking my phone does not mean I lock my sim card and contacts, so when u come across such incident and u're really in need to render help, u just have to remove his sim card insert on ur phone or someone else's phone if urs is not close to u and call to locate his people.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by FrankValency(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2016
ify84:

Which app can I get to password my sms and watsapp?
bro, just download Hola Launcher, it is da bomb, u don't need another app, it will automatically lock all ur social medias plus SMS,cool app
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by ify84(m): 1:35pm On May 24, 2016
FrankValency:
bro, just download Hola Launcher, it is da bomb, u don't need another app, it will automatically lock all ur social medias plus SMS,cool app

I just did, and it seems cool. I hope it does not use data to function.

What if I forget my password to an app. What happens, if I uninstall the hola, d app will open abi...

And, hope I can uninstall it or change to my old launcher anytime.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Laolu97(m): 3:17pm On May 24, 2016
Dalyjay:
sadhaha.. but am sorry to say this.. before you open my phone u need to type two password and unlock three pattern for any app u need to type three password, two password and a fingerprint sadhaha.. but am sorry to say this.. before you open my phone u need to type two password and unlock three pattern for any app u need to type three password, two password and a fingerprint

Guy,u sick oh.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by FrankValency(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2016
ify84:

I just did, and it seems cool. I hope it does not use data to function.

What if I forget my password to an app. What happens, if I uninstall the hola, d app will open abi...

And, hope I can uninstall it or change to my old launcher anytime.
just a code locks all the apps u want, no need for multiple passwords. doesn't use data, yea, once u change ur launcher , it unlocks all the chosen apps immediately.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by ify84(m): 4:45pm On May 24, 2016
FrankValency:
just a code locks all the apps u want, no need for multiple passwords. doesn't use data, yea, once u change ur launcher , it unlocks all the chosen apps immediately.

Thank you. I have one password.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Jesuferanmi(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2016
Using a phone lock or password rather is just not my thing. Not using it rather saves me the stress of having to draw patterns or type passwords each time I need to make use of my phone. Besides, I once had a nasty experience trying to unlock my phone when I forgot the password.
It's really okay if someone's comfortable using it though.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by BumbleBee2ice(f): 7:19pm On May 24, 2016
it has happened to me on several occasions wen i had to password my fones(mostly touch screen) nd wen d screen gets faulty ders no way to get into d fone, i end up blaming myself for passwording @ all. There was a tym i had to google on hw to hard reset d fone jst to deactivate password. Nw i only password selected files ooo.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Dalyjay(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2016
Laolu97:

Guy,u sick oh.

no be my fault baba mi.... na my side cos am and for you I Neva know u still dey earth oooo
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by jamesbond22(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2016
FrankValency:
to be honest, I don't password my phones, but the day I had experience with no 7 grin at a family meeting, that was d day I searched for password lockers and I found the one that locks only private videos , some also locks messages but pass wording the fone in general is a no no for me, I hav never been comfortable with that.
pls which app will help to password only video, I need it
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 25, 2016
Chrisx1x:
thats true,i think you made a reasonable point there
This is one edge blackberry devices has over other devices.
If you want to lock your device, It gives you option to call upon lock state.
The message on my screen is Call the number you seen on the screen
press phone call.
But dont tick USB debugging in the developers option
When you lost or your phone is stolen, by that ticked, phone repairers can easily flash your system
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by FrankValency(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2016
jamesbond22:
pls which app will help to password only video, I need it
downloadable "video locker" , it will not lock all ur videos but the ones u don't want the public to see. good app

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by TinaWu(f): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2017
I can't agree with you more....But in some cases, we have to lend our devices to others. I am afraid that they can discover something...But with an app locker

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: MTN Warehouse In Lagos On Fire / Itel P37: First Impressions And Unboxing / The Appreciation Souvenirs A Nairalander Received From Tecno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.