Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem (29671 Views)

"Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seylex(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.
disclaimer - this is not representative of all women just the type of my boss.

a little background.
I was employed as a marketing and business development manager for a new product. she was not in the country during the recruitment exercise-out of the country) so she didn't know me from adam. Ive heard a lot of stories of how she was very insensitive, bossy and a control freak an admin officer with priviledge information said i was employed because of my calmness during the interview to cancel out her aggressive character. well i kept an open mind, however upon her arrival our first meeting betrayed her so much as she felt she was not in control of my person. just a month to the job i already had proposals on ground that will restructure the company and re-position it for the market. well since then its been a tug of war between us both.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well after all these i had to understand her and why we may never gel -

1. women bosses are arrogant
2. they always want to be in control
3. they are mostly lazy themselves
4. they are mostly insecure

at least my boss is all the above and more.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

@lalastical

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 2:47pm On May 23, 2016
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by vislabraye(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2016
seylex:
this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.

a little background.
I was employed as a marketing and business development manager for a new product. she was not in the country during the recruitment exercise-out of the country) so she didn't know me from adam. Ive heard a lot of stories of how she was very insensitive, bossy and a control freak an admin officer with priviledge information said i was employed because of my calmness during the interview to cancel out her aggressive character. well i kept an open mind, however upon her arrival our first meeting betrayed her so much as she felt she was not in control of my person. just a month to the job i already had proposals on ground that will restructure the company and re-position it for the market. well since then its been a tug of war between us both.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

@lalastical

Read this. You guys have similar issueshttp://www.nairaland.com/3121381/madam-sacked-me-because-killed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by otipoju(m): 1:35pm On May 24, 2016
I have worked with 4 female supervisors.

The first was a Branch Manager at Diamond bank..all she wanted was results. She no get time for drama at all and she advised us not to let criticism destroy our self esteem.

Later on she assigned one Kudi to manage my team, Kudi was petty from the onset and wanted me to be afraid of her and even promised to get me sacked. I told her goons to tell her that she wont be on her seat forever and as long as I was giving my mom her monthly allowance, she can do me nothing. I resigned eventually after I was transferred to a Lekki branch but got another offer that paid seven times better about 9 months after. She came to the office one day and could not log in..Diamond bank Tsunami had claimed her.

My third boss no get one single wahala and trusted me with so much responsibility. The only day i had any with her was when I called her a shortened version of her name that she did not like. She vex for me that day no be small. In my mind, I still call her that name even though I am saying the one she prefers. "Lape" was, is and will continue to be a wonderful person and till today I still keep in touch with her.

My fourth female boss was a control freak, drama queen and wicked soul. She is Peuto Rican . After being docile, humble and pleading and placating her and her husband for several months, because of my peculiar situation ( I needed the money badly and my choices were extremely limited},I changed it for her. It was as if the more calm I tried to be, the weaker she thought I was and the more cruel she became.

One day I had had enough and showed her my Abokii side. I vibrated for her like a Lagos boy should and put her in her place.She was caught off guard and was visibly shaken. I knew what would come after that and just did not care and was willing to damn the consequences. I gave her a scorching lecture in manners and walked out of that building that night proud of myself.

At the end of the day I would prefer to work with a male . It seems that Men have a code of conduct called Mutual Respect that women don't subscribe to or know about.

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Tolakay: 9:39pm On May 24, 2016
seylex:

a little background.

@lalastical
101% agree with 1,2and 4....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by AntiWailer: 6:31am On May 25, 2016
You are simply a sexist.

Resign if you cnt stand a lady being your boss.

Remember one of the 48 laws of power.

"Never outshine your master"

She will deal with you and mess you up. She has every ground to get you kicked out

You were employed as a marketer and have not made any sales yet you want to go Head to head with your boss.

You should lick more than her ass since there is nothing special about u as an employee.

Even as a top performer, u shld learn to carry ur boss along and make her comfortable.

My career span over a decade and Female Bosses are the most caring and most reasonable if you read 48 laws of power early enough.

You dnt have to tell her she is good looking.

I once chatted a female boss telling her to calm down that I can feel the pressure from the top and I am working with my guys (team) to ensure things get better soon. I told her to promise me that the weekend will be 4 her family while trusting us to get things done.
(Note: I was not feeling any pressure. I was just inspired to encourage her)

She replied my chat that she was moved to tears and I just lifted a burden.She said she had d best weekend in a while when we met on Monday.

2-1 or first class is not enough, you have to be emotionally intelligent to get to the top.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by nairaman66(m): 6:32am On May 25, 2016
Women bosses always want to prove a point to the male folks that they can do better. In most cases they tend to over react in simple matters !!

9 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by favouritesahaba: 6:32am On May 25, 2016
Den get ego problem. Na over sabi go kill them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by simplemach(m): 6:33am On May 25, 2016
woman na woman bros. always exhibiting their nagging nature. simple advice, pls quit before she becomes pregnant because that will mark the peak of your clash with her.

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by geniusgenes: 6:33am On May 25, 2016
Boss of life... sorry man, but you may just have to obey her. Do your best to stay away from her path.
Your Curtains Can Beautify Or Ruin Your Home
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by riczy(m): 6:35am On May 25, 2016
jux passn

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by iyyke(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2016
space booked.. any interested buyer shld bring 10pieces of tomatoes or 20cups of garry

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by 3RNEST(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2016
Noted...
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 6:37am On May 25, 2016
Op she is ur boss, give her the feeling that she is boss and you would have smoot sail with her.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by GSKing: 6:38am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala

Try the bolded with me and I'll kill you.

More like throw your ass out of my company.

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by moyakz(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2016
pray over her case,and you'ld see her change@op.thatz the best thing for now.don't even think of resigning because u knw naija has 'K-LEG' at the moment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by MVLOX(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2016
My advice is begin to look for a new job or find a way around her ASAP
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by shinery53(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2016
Most women bosses are control freak.... they enjoy controlling another woman's husband

14 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 6:41am On May 25, 2016
Wetin cocern me... #team self employed!

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 6:41am On May 25, 2016
Have never had a female boss,what I had then was a landlady, who was a control freak,always pokenosing into affairs that doesn't concern her.

Female in charge of any affair is similar to he'll.

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by nbright: 6:41am On May 25, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Ice4jez(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2016
later dey go say make dem give dem gender equality, data how one small girl frustrate my uncle to leave job way he don work for close to 30yrs.

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by cmpunk: 6:42am On May 25, 2016
@ OP. I totally agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by buchi16(f): 6:43am On May 25, 2016
my boss in my office is a woman...bt one single wahala she no get...despite dat I jst do d needful.u knw women na...hail her dressin...tell her she is looking...infact complement everytin abt her...if she starts to para I go jst quiet dey loook her...na she go use her hand calm downnn....bt funny enof her assistant is d only prob I hv....a male bt his prob pass woman ownn....he ddoesnt cm to the offfice everytime bt d moment he comes is like hell let loose on d whole office.....women boss can b controllin bt na jeje u go use follow her....nd as u calm dwn to blend her characters...make sure u r nt intimidated....tnks nd goodluck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nnemuka(f): 6:45am On May 25, 2016
Just a month on the job and you want to push out your boss?
deal with it, she's female and has been in the job way before you.
if you want any of your proposal considered, meet her and explain in details to her.... the fact that she is "aggressive" doesnt stop her from being human. stop trying so hard to make her feel unwanted or a mediocre.

she is and will remain your boss so you either calm down and follow her instructions or resign.
just one month and the chap is already complaining. mtchewww

7 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by ikevictor22(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2016
Well all are through! But mine was vice versa, she wanted to go on a date with me. But I was dating her personal assistance, which almost got her fired. Lol. Women and their wahala.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 6:45am On May 25, 2016
angry Who she epp? she don baff? Who she serve? She is doing ako, what is up with her? angry

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by repogirl(f): 6:46am On May 25, 2016
Men have serious issues with women OOOOO! Chei!!! If it were a man showing all these attributes now, the man would be taken as strict and can't think of the word now but it seems the problem here is that she is female.

OP, you sound as if you know more than your boss. Since you do, open up your company or resign Na.

Some female bosses are tough, agreed but so are the male folk. A horrible boss is a horrible boss, male or female.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2016
Bw before
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by kollyp2000(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2016
Female bosses are human too. Throughout their lives, society have placed them second place to man. They have opportunity to be boss now, the first thing they will checkmate is to see you treating them in an inferior way.

All your moves will be analysed and scrutinized to be devoid of your ego. If you want to move on with your career, drop all 'I am a man' behavior and give your boss maximum respect she deserves. It may be difficult but it had to be done. Because you can never outshine your boss no matter how smart you are.

Second option, get the hell out of the company and find a male boss you can be drinking beer together on Friday night. Cheers

18 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Hormoniyi25(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2016
Don't have a female boss per say, but have sum female client dat I imagined how their staff cope to their bossy and aggressive nature.
Had appointment with one at a mall, she literally used my time to do her baby shopping trust me I paid back after a week by not delivering as planned she was angry and we took a break for a long time she later called and I gave her the impression dat I dnt give a F**K

6 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seunfly: 6:54am On May 25, 2016
U are right, I'm self employed and I'm into property management, sales, consultancy and estate development. I've noticed doing business with men is less complicated and easy to pull through but when it comes to women, u have to spell out all the terms and condition in white and black b4 u even goes into any business ventures with some of them. Trust me women folks will still break many of those terms but it will save u from too many drama especially financial contribution to d development of such business and sharing ratio for the profit margin.

Most women I've worked with will want to contribute less in a joint ventures businesses but want to have largest shares from the financial income.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What business can 300k do / Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.