Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released (9597 Views)

BREAKING: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application To Travel Abroad For Medical.. / Niger-Delta Avengers Currency, Flag, Passport To Be Released Oct 2016 - Agbinibo / BREAKING: Danladi Umar Throws Out Application Asking Him To Disqualify Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by DONSMITH123(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2016
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday deferred ruling on the application of the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh to release his international passport to allow him travel abroad due to his failing health.
Metuh through his counsel, Onyeachi Ikpeazu, SAN, had on May 16, 2016 filed a motion praying the court to allow him travel to the United Kingdom for proper medical attention.

Metuh who is standing trial for allegedly receiving the sum of N400m from the former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki(rtd) could not make it to his last court sitting due to his health condition.

Metuh was reported to have vomited blood while on his way to court.

At today’s resumed trial, Ikpeazu informed the court that it had filed a better application still praying for the release of Metuh.

However, contending with Ikpeazu’s submission, the lead prosecution, Slyvanus Tahir argued that the medical report is inadmissible and the court does not have the power to ask Metuh to submit his international passport to the country’s embassy outside the country.

“The medical report is inadmissible and as such I urge the court to dismiss the application,” Tahir said.

One Metuh’s counsel, Tochukwu Onwuibufor prayed the court to release his client’s passport because when the court ordered “the defendants bail, no objection was raised.”

Justice Abang Okon in his ruling said, “I would have delivered ruling but its not possible because i have to study to better application by the defendant.

“I will delivered ruling on the application on the 25th of May.”

Abang, therefore, adjourned the matter till May 24 for continuation of trial.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/23/court-defers-metuhs-application-asking-for-his-passport-to-be-released/

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by SweetLove0(f): 3:08pm On May 23, 2016
mtchew lipsrsealed I thought he vomited Money sef.

Metuh was reported to have vomited blood while on his way to court.

19 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Businessideas: 3:12pm On May 23, 2016
Justice Abang, shine your eyes .Col Dasuki used this method, failed to get the court clearance, yet he's still alive. If chief Metuh can once lie on you, he can lie again and again. Corruption must die before it kills Nigeria.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by DONSMITH123(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2016
YOU BAD!

SweetLove0:

5 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:18pm On May 23, 2016
Metuh again abi? Justice Abang please do the needful. I think Metuh has suddenly fallen Ill coz of his case.

4 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 23, 2016
metuselah

2 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:22pm On May 23, 2016
SweetLove0:

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by DONSMITH123(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2016
Businessideas:
Justice Abang, shine your eyes .Col Dasuki used this method, failed to get the court clearance, yet he's still alive. If chief Metuh can once lie on you, he can lie again and again. Corruption must die before it kills Nigeria.

I love that my guy. We must kill Corruption

16 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by gen2briz(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2016
Oya let go there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by petrov10: 3:55pm On May 23, 2016
oya zombies die
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Heeyhun(f): 3:55pm On May 23, 2016
I hope he has recovered sha

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Daslim180(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2016
Abeg respect people's health nw... not in support of their looting tho!
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Ktrapp(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2016
dont grant the yam eater bail please

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by petrov10: 3:56pm On May 23, 2016
SweetLove0:

xombie undecided
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by bettercreature(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2016
petrov10:
oya zombies die
He is just wasting his time to ask for the passport,Buhari will never release the passport even if the chief justice of Nigeria order it to be released let alone one high court judge

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by shaddoww: 3:57pm On May 23, 2016
I won dey pity am before, but as I remember say na #400million naira we dey talk about, I say ko ni bo ni inu e

5 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by jeron1(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2016
when they want to educate thier children, they go abroad. when they are sick, they go abroad. when they want to shop, they go abroad. when they die and want to be buried, they come to Nigeria...

this country is cursed.

Lala, Seun, im not happy with u guys. I have been on Nairaland for years, since 2008 I guess and my topics has never made front page. hit like if u are on same page with me.

2 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2016
smh
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Pavore9: 3:59pm On May 23, 2016
Is there no "world class hospital" in Nigeria to treat him?

2 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by damlet(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2016
metuh na u know oo

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by googlepikins: 4:00pm On May 23, 2016
Buhari and he's agent(DSS) have put poison in his food. It's so obvious. I dey laugh if anything happens to Nnamdi kalu. Haha na that time buhari go know sey all men get weapons under bed.
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Barcanister(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2016
nurse metusella.. May I know why Nigeria polithiefcian cant make our system work.. dont tell me there is no better hospital here in Nigeria to take kia of ordinary disease the unscrupulous/ greedy politicians have still taking stolen money abroad in the name of medical whatever... so PDP 16 years can not afford to build a standard medical centre which can take care of there newly found illness... nawa ooo.. Nurse, my 20kobo advise pls i take God beg u, i sabi one doctor for Ajegunle in a 2 bedroom apartment.. the guy can treat all kind of diseases, funny enough u wont spent more than N7,830.
pls. support our home grown medical doctor, stop flying abroad for treatment that will still one day kill u just like alayemiesgha[if truly he is died]...
God will always punish the greedy ones with ailment that they will never survive.. metusella and others ur time to receive the concequences of what u have turned this nation into has come.. u all will be punished for how badly u ve made this country. so heartless and greedy people.. will U all die and take the money with U?? ask abacha??

5 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by ibadanfinest(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2016
The guy dey vomit blood, maybe he don break oath and confess. He no need orthodox treatment, one herbalist from ijebu will cure him jare.

3 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by pinkyliceous(f): 4:04pm On May 23, 2016
Hope they have not poisoned him?
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by omofunaab(m): 4:06pm On May 23, 2016
I thought senator akpabio of pdp built a world class hospital at akwa ibom ..after 16 years of ruling nigeria these guys can't boast of a world class hospital in this country yet some morons are busy hailing them

3 Likes

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by macino1(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2016
there is a world class hospital built by ur party member, make use of it na Dan travelling aboard 4 treatment. abi na goats dem build d hospital 4?

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:15pm On May 23, 2016
hmmmm

Dear Metuh, just accept 5 years like that NIMASA guy naa. Abi all these court mata Neva tire U?

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by misscall247: 4:18pm On May 23, 2016
buhari won kill dis man.......no b money he won recover,because himself is corrupt
Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Seyeah23(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2016
Oga Metuh want port go UK and from there evaporate like mess(fart), abeg carry am come LUTH or UCH for Ibadan.

Modified:
I hear say some confirm BABA dey Ilorin, Ijebu, Onitsha, even Aba and Owerri wey fit cause Physically and Spiritual sickness.

1 Like

Re: Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released by Jiff349(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2016
He will soon vomit the #400m

(1) (2) (Reply)

NULGE Declares Strike, Kicks Against Fayose’s Employment / PDP, Atiku Should Apologise To Nigerians, Instead Of Appealing – Lai Mohammed / Ijelespeaks Exposes Apostle Suleman Naked Video Call - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.