Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

"We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths (19933 Views)

We Believe We Are All One, One Nigeria Forever – Biafran War Veterans / We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War” – Ikwerre Youths / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 5:56pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
which Anioma are you talking about?
Pls don't display ignorance in public, deniers are in the minority.
Aniomas, we are proud Delta Igbos, we are not ikwerres.
We know our roots.
good for you!

like i said and will always insist right from time till today, i am yet to see any Anioma or Ikwerre accept their Igbo identity.

Ugomba, before you eat me raw, i am not saying Anioma's are not Igbos. Stop twisting my comment. I am happy you are proud to be Igbo but you can't speak for others.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by siokpe: 6:00pm On May 23, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
By Adiele Samuel

http://www.easternradio.com.ng/2016/05/we-are-igbos-but-denied-igbo-because-of.html

Hausa and Yoruba tried very hard to divide your nation for so long while uniting themselves. Why did Yoruba not say Ekiti, Ondo, Akoko are not Yorubas. Better wise up and unite and close the small small differences between you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Scholes007(m): 6:05pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
My dear, are you talking on behalf of Ikwerre people? are you sure they agree with you?
Well, i am yet to see any Ikwerre man or woman who says he's Igbo. Same as Anioma.

Honestly, this kind of topic breaks my heart.
But ibe kachikwu, tony elumelu and many others keep singing that they are Igbo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Xapio: 6:05pm On May 23, 2016
Igbo or not Igbo, does that pay bills? Anybody can choose what he or she wanna be.. I'm a proud Igbo and that's what matters to me.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
who's fighting with this one? some people need to reset their brains before quoting me.

@Chinwude, ana m ekele o!
Nne dalu o. Di gi na nwa gi kwanu? Amam onye obula gbasirike. Biko, let's hold our tempers, the thread aims to help forster unity among umunne's.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 6:08pm On May 23, 2016
Scholes007:
good for them. My friend Azubuike will forever curse me for telling him he's Igbo. He rather says he an Unuani man or whatever he calls it.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ugomba(m): 6:09pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
good for you!

like i said and will always insist right from time till today, i am yet to see any Anioma or Ikwerre accept their Igbo identity.

Ugomba, before you eat me raw, i am not saying Anioma's are not Igbos. Stop twisting my comment. I am happy you are proud to be Igbo but you can't speak for others.
you should know that the civil war did a lot of psychological damage especially at Igbos losing the war.
So being Igbo (immediately after the war) attracted many marginalizations, coupled with living beside the Urhobos, isokos, ijaws, itsekiri, bini etc who had an anti-Igbo grudges.
So some Efulefus had to deny being Igbo to be seen and accepted as a Proper Deltan by the other tribes..
Its a civil war hangover.
We Aniomas are proudly part of the Igbo Nation ..
Recently, Pat Utomi joined Ezeife in Anambra for Book launch on Ojukwu.
Tony Elumelu was in Enugu as a guest speaker in Enugu economic summit. Etc
We know our root.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by ckmayoca: 6:10pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
We know our roots.

Why wasting ur time with that girl. Person mama acting like a lil girl on a forum.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 6:11pm On May 23, 2016
Chiwude:
Nne dalu o. Di gi na nwa gi kwanu? Amam onye obula gbasirike. Biko, let's hold our tempers, the thread aims to help forster unity among umunne's.
Anyi di cha mma. I hope it fosters unity in the real world too.

Daalu ri nne.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ngozi123(f): 6:11pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
We know our roots.

Please tell @blackpanda this; he was trying to argue with me the other day that Anioma and Onitsha people are not Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2016
Truckpusher:
smh
say something
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ugomba(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2016
Ngozi123:

Please tell @blackpanda this; he was trying to argue with me the other day that Anioma and Onitsha people are not Igbos.
and you wasted ur time on such a person.

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by siokpe: 6:19pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
you should know that the civil war did a lot of psychological damage especially at Igbos losing the war.
So being Igbo (immediately after the war) attracted many marginalizations, coupled with living beside the Urhobos, isokos, ijaws, itsekiri, bini etc who had an anti-Igbo grudges.
So some Efulefus had to deny being Igbo to be seen and accepted as a Proper Deltan by the other tribes..
Its a civil war hangover.
We Aniomas are proudly part of the Igbo Nation ..
Recently, Pat Utomi joined Ezeife in Anambra for Book launch on Ojukwu.
Tony Elumelu was in Enugu as a guest speaker in Enugu economic summit. Etc
We know our root.

The hangover effect of the civil war should be over by now. All Igbos please unite and stop singing and dancing this divisive drum beats that allow Arewa to go to your backyard and steal your wealth. If we Idomas have the resemblance of Igbo like the Anioma or Ikwerre, we could have gladly joined the Igbo nation on our own. But our own ancestors sold us to Arewa who now breed hersdmen to match on our sleeping villages in the night. Our Igbo neigbors did not do such evil against us. We love the Igbos

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by queencalipso(f): 6:27pm On May 23, 2016
And I love you too for this comment.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ngozi123(f): 6:29pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
and you wasted ur time on such a person.

Unfortunately, I thought he was a serious poster but now I know that some people join Nairaland just to spread their wicked propaganda.

6 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
good for you!

Berem my sister most Anioma is Igbo but Ikwerre is not. The Anioma issue is completely different from Ikwerre issue. In Anioma there are obviously people who trace their roots outside Igboland but have formed a bond with Igbos and accept being part of Igbos but Ikwerre is nothing but Owerri area and Arochukwu people.

The same vague Oha that bore children that moved on to populate that axis gave birth to all those people that use Oha title system instead of Nze n'Ozor system. They have no single thing in common with Benin empire . There influences come from Ijaw, Cameroon and Cross River not Edo. Among all of Oha only Ikwerre has denied being Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by emekachimek: 6:31pm On May 23, 2016
NwaTeacher1:
Ikwerre is more Igboitic than Nsuka in Enugu State. Who said Ikwerre isn't Igbo is confusing himself.
Being Igbo is in character and not by language: It's genetic and not acquired. Ikwerre people denied being Igbo and chickened out during the civil war. Obviously they didn't have the balls to fight like the Igbos did. They only confiscated igbos property in PH after the war; reaping where they didn't sow. Do you know that the moral for the civil war was built by the UNN students? Once again, I maintain that being Igbo is genetic and not by language

5 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by BankeSmalls(f): 6:32pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
Abagworo and hopeathand, ngwanu!

meanwhile,the war has been over for over four decades. why are they still denying their Igbo identity?

Because bitter elements like you, abagworo and others continue to knock their heads together with ibos so you can go back to Lagos and laugh at them.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by BankeSmalls(f): 6:34pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
good for them. My friend Azubuike will forever curse me for telling him he's Igbo. He rather says he an Unuani man or whatever he calls it.

Now, she is sowing in the usual confusion to clash the ibos with ikweres. Typical Beremx.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ofodirinwa: 6:34pm On May 23, 2016
I'm happy to see that the east is restored. The only region broken in pieces after the civil war. We're back now and ready for out independence and sovereignty to be restored.

Niger Delta militants are demanding the release of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra is championing their message and cause, Wike is collaborating with Obi, Obi with Jonathan, Jonathan with Sullivan etc. Our stance on herdsmen, Buhari, resource control, and being a part of this worthless dehumanizing trap called n{gger-area is one.

We also know who the real enemies are now clearer than ever. Even enlightened Yoruba are with us (though their support should be kept at an arms distance and no plans factoring their support or consistency under pressure will succeed.)

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 6:35pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Berem my sister most Anioma is Igbo but Ikwerre is not. The Anioma issue is completely different from Ikwerre issue. In Anioma there are obviously people who trace their roots outside Igboland but have formed a bond with Igbos and accept being part of Igbos but Ikwerre is nothing but Owerri area and Arochukwu people.

The same vague Oha that bore children that moved on to populate that axis gave birth to all those people that use Oha title system instead of Nze n'Ozor system. They have no single thing in common with Benin empire . There influences come from Ijaw, Cameroon and Cross River not Edo. Among all of Oha only Ikwerre has denied being Igbo.
So are you Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by NDRepublic: 6:35pm On May 23, 2016
Scholes007:

Stop telling lies. Quote an instance where Tony Elumelu referred to himself as Igbo.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2016
emekachimek:

Being Igbo is in character and not by language: It's genetic and not acquired. Ikwerre people denied being Igbo and chickened out during the civil war. Obviously they didn't have the balls to fight like the Igbos did. They only confiscated igbos property in PH after the war; reaping where they didn't sow. Do you know that the moral for the civil war was built by the UNN students? Once again, I maintain that being Igbo is genetic and not by language

The war only made it official but it started long before the war. There has always been 2 sides in the divide but pro-Igbo had upper hand prior to Biafran war. Most Ikwerre prefer being Ikwerre and nothing but that. Language and origin is Igbo related to the best of my knowledge.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by meccuno: 6:41pm On May 23, 2016
Many anioma people especially those born in lagos call them selves delta ibos.....not igbos but ibos. When I deliberately asked a question relating to where they are from my close delta friend said if I am not igbo then who am I? I was shocked when an andoni man if am correct. Was carrying biafra on his head I was very surprised. Its like there are things that's happening below the surface that we do not know about. Those who dis own being tagged igbo are those who do not know their history and probably ignorant. But with current situation in Nigeria,people are becoming wiser now...I am an igbo man and a proud one.

8 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Ugomba(m): 6:42pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

In Anioma there are obviously people who trace their roots outside Igboland but have formed a bond with Igbos and accept being part of Igbos
let me educate you, the ancient benin was a cosmopolitan of many tribes who engaged in trading activites there.
Reverse Igboid Migration from benin is what happened to few communities in Anioma, Reverse migration is what happened to Ezechime.
Just like Nnebisi an Igbo man who was in Idah(a trading point between Igbos and their Igala neighbours) migrated and founded a place he named "Ahabagom". It was shortened to Ahaba and Anglicized to Asaba by the white colonalist.
Nteje people from Anambra inhabited and populated the city historically.
Igbos migrations and trading activities did not start today, it is ancient.

10 Likes

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 6:43pm On May 23, 2016
Beremx:
So are you Igbo?
Of course I am Igbo. Oru Igbo.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by BankeSmalls(f): 6:46pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

I doubt you. Town, village? I will like to verify.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2016
Ugomba:
let me educate you, the ancient benin was a cosmopolitan of many tribes who engaged in trading activites there.
Reverse Igboid Migration from benin is what happened to few communities in Anioma, Reverse migration is what happened to Ezechime.
Just like Nnebisi an Igbo man who was in Idah(a trading point between Igbos and their Igala neighbours) migrated and founded a place he named "Ahabagom". It was shortened to Ahaba and Anglicized to Asaba by the white colonalist.
Igbos migrations and trading activities did not start today, it is ancient.

Umu Ezechime is a different case as they continue to argue back and forth even among family members. Outside Eze Chime clan there are many families that know their origin either in Igala and Edo or Idu as called .
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Beremx(f): 6:47pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Which one is Oru Igbo? I need to be educated?
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by Abagworo(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2016
BankeSmalls:

I doubt you. Town, village? I will like to verify.
Search for Dr Alban's biography.
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by BankeSmalls(f): 6:48pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Umu Ezechime is a different case as they continue to argue back and forth even among family members. Outside Eze Chime clan there are many families that know their origin either in Igala and Edo or Idu as called .

You can argue your ancestry? Like challenge your ancestors to prove to you they migrated from igbo land?
Re: "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths by BankeSmalls(f): 6:49pm On May 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Search for Dr Alban's biography.

Dr. Alban is Dr. Alban, Abagworo is Abagworo.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / NASS Resumes Tuesday Amidst Tension / Confusion As Petrol Marketers Fix Price At N162 A Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.