Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test (51837 Views)

BECO Logistic / Nigeria Breweries Management Trainee Recruitment (2016) / Nigerian Breweries Test Invite For Trainee Shift Manager 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by niccoloslick: 7:27pm On May 28, 2016
Team #100 as in, wats do U mean?

deolu2000:

that's nice, guess opportunity meets preparation 4 you. Team #100 i guess?
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by deolu2000(m): 7:48pm On May 28, 2016
niccoloslick:
Team #100 as in, wats do U mean?

since you said the questions were easy, so i thought it's 100marks loading (team 100).
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by niccoloslick: 7:53pm On May 28, 2016
you should share your experience?

deolu2000:

since you said the questions were easy, so i thought it's 100marks loading (team 100).
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Peteragan(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2016
the test was cool the organisation was impresive and the time was appropriate.Lets just hope and pray for the best
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by papyrus2(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2016
The organization was very impressive. But they shouldn't have stressed people coming from far north. They should have made another Centre at Abuja for those over there. It would have been alot easier.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Anyi3(m): 11:47pm On May 28, 2016
papyrus2:
The organization was very impressive. But they shouldn't have stressed people coming from far north. They should have made another Centre at Abuja for those over there. It would have been alot easier.

You can't blame them really. Economic situation harsh. Would cost them. I feel the masters criteria was equally a cost saving move to reduce number of candidates to pay for tests.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by company500: 1:04pm On May 29, 2016
when will they release the results for the aptitude test?
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by gbemmy0209: 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
company500:
when will they release the results for the aptitude test?
We should hear from them in 2-3 weeks time. They seldom delay results.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by SenatorJChris: 3:53pm On May 29, 2016
Cut off mark will be dependent on success rate. In this case, I expect the cut off mark to be high. #My opinion
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Headmonbra: 4:55pm On May 29, 2016
How did people find the logistics section?
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by ugowinn(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2016
Headmonbra:
was OK. didn't see it coming though
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Headmonbra: 5:18pm On May 29, 2016
ugowinn:

was OK. didn't see it coming though
Same here. I foolishly read the brewing process, because I saw, via past threads, that questions on it were asked in past tests. It didn't occur to me that as the position is different, the field specific questions will be different. Ah well......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 29, 2016
pls anyone with the idea of NB Management Trainee salary?
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:58pm On May 29, 2016
Anyi3:

You can't blame them really. Economic situation harsh. Would cost them. I feel the masters criteria was equally a cost saving move to reduce number of candidates to pay for tests.

I'm afraid not, the masters criteria was only a recent move by NB to reduce staff turnover rate rather than cost. I fear other top employers might follow suit. I learned from their last recruitment via "Careers in Africa" in London that they've experienced high staff turnover, with most of the reasons given being that employees were leaving to further their studies. Thus, NB believes that recruiting masters level graduates will help reduce the rate at which employees resign. Most importantly, most of the graduate roles in NB are for prospective NB managers. So, it becomes a painful waste of investment and time if these graduates resign before or after completing their training. I gathered that the masters degree is not really considered in arriving at your renumeration or offer. I may not have said it all, but I'm sure the reasoning behind the MSc criteria is somewhere around what has been summarised above.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2016
adenuga360:
pls anyone with the idea of NB Management Trainee salary?

Somewhere around N6m per annum (inclusive of allowances, benefits and superannuation or pension) for Trainee Shift Manager - Supply Chain. I learned that they deduct the allowances, and pay only the Base salary during the training period coz while on training, trainees are all accommodated, convened and catered for at the training centres or hotels/guest house.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by gbemmy0209: 9:52pm On May 29, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Somewhere around N6m per annum (inclusive of allowances, benefits and superannuation or pension) for Trainee Shift Manager - Supply Chain. I learned that they deduct the allowances, and pay only the Base salary during the training period coz while on training, trainees are all accommodated, convened and catered for at the training centres or hotels/guest house.
Mhen..Not a bad offer if true o. Wish one has an idea of how many managers they want at this time. Wud b painful if 500 of us went tru this struggle, and perhaps dey need only 5!
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by sirusX(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2016
gbemmy0209:

Mhen..Not a bad offer if true o. Wish one has an idea of how many managers they want at this time. Wud b painful if 500 of us went tru this struggle, and perhaps dey need only 5!

In this current economy I get that feeling of wanting to know how many peeps are needed...and if less than expected, hoping they could take more of us. It ain't easy with the struggle, but with God all things are possible.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Anyi3(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

I'm afraid not, the masters criteria was only a recent move by NB to reduce staff turnover rate rather than cost. I fear other top employers might follow suit. I learned from their last recruitment via "Careers in Africa" in London that they've experienced high staff turnover, with most of the reasons given being that employees were leaving to further their studies. Thus, NB believes that recruiting masters level graduates will help reduce the rate at which employees resign. Most importantly, most of the graduate roles in NB are for prospective NB managers. So, it becomes a painful waste of investment and time if these graduates resign before or after completing their training. I gathered that the masters degree is not really considered in arriving at your renumeration or offer. I may not have said it all, but I'm sure the reasoning behind the MSc criteria is somewhere around what has been summarised above.

You've got a valid point baba.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by company500: 7:51am On May 30, 2016
how many Logistics managers could they possibly need?
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by SenatorJChris: 8:34am On May 30, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

There are reported cases of folks hired without masters degree. I think it's merely a pre-selection criterion to reduce number of applications to process.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:45am On May 30, 2016
gbemmy0209:

It won't be painful coz it's a fact they need 5 or less. For the Supply Chain role I referred to, they took just 5 people, 3 from the "Careers in Africa" stream and two from Naija. My advice is for you to anticipate the worst, say 1 or 2. If they take more, better.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2016
SenatorJChris:
There are reported cases of folks hired without masters degree. I think it's merely a pre-selection criterion to reduce number of applications to process.

If you got me right, I said RECENT MOVE. When you say reported cases, what timeline are you referring to? Coz my post was based on last year's event. In 2012, I did apply to a similar position for brewing without the masters criteria. So, are you referring to peeps that joined NB prior to 2015 or after? My comment wasn't meant to be final or the main reason. But since I commented based on facts which I cited, I thought it would have been a better line of reasoning to cost cutting. You may be right anyway, I only thought I should share the information. To further buttress my point, of the 175 scholars sponsored by PTDF alone in 2014/2015, you'll be surprised that about 50% quit their jobs to accept the award, and I'm sure over 80% of this 50% must have happily stated they're quitting to take advantage of a scholarship opportunity to further their studies. So, the claim isn't far from the truth even if you may be right. I would have preferred if you're specific on your timeline and positions/roles. I speak specifically on Management Trainee roles starting from last year.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by 2rutalk1: 10:15am On May 30, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

It won't be painful coz it's a fact they need 5 or less. For the Supply Chain role I referred to, they took just 5 people, 3 from the "Careers in Africa" stream and two from Naija. My advice is for you to anticipate the worst, say 1 or 2. If they take more, better.
. I believe they will take more than that. At least one in each of their breweries and they have 11 breweries across Nigeria. My thought though

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by 2rutalk1: 11:02am On May 30, 2016
Headmonbra:
. I didn't expect that section at all. Taking cognizance of Workforce past questions, I was busy studying abstract (graph) reasoning, if not that I am an Economist coupled with my secondary school knowledge in Commerce, it wouldn't have been funny. Still hoping for the best though. Meanwhile, I noticed that right answers to 2 or 3 questions in the numerical reasoning were not in the options. For instance, the Pie Chart and the other question on ratio. I don't know if someone remembers that question: boys and girls in the ratio of 3:4 with total of 60 items (something like that) Find the share of the boys? The answer was not there.
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by gbemmy0209: 11:25am On May 30, 2016
2rutalk1:
. I didn't expect that section at all. Taking cognizance of Workforce past questions, I was busy studying abstract (graph) reasoning, if not that I am an Economist coupled with my secondary school knowledge in Commerce, it wouldn't have been funny. Still hoping for the best though. Meanwhile, I noticed that right answers to 2 or 3 questions in the numerical reasoning were not in the options. For instance, the Pie Chart and the other question on ratio. I don't know if someone remembers that question: boys and girls in the ratio of 3:4 with total of 60 items (sometime like that) Find the share of the boys? The answer was not there.
The answer to the ratio question ws there. 45.
Yea, 1 or 2 ddnt av answers, but we had to pick an answer beefore proceeding. So, u'l just choose the closest, nd leave d rest to God.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by adedavid501(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2016
They usually take about 10 management trainees for a function such as brewing, packaging, logistics. Highest they take 15, for brewing and packaging, sometimes they take about 2 or 3 people from UK to join. During the training period, you get free accommodation,feeding and laundry. Brewing and packaging program lasts for over a year but logistics is 6 months then you're posted to any location across the country to work..so if you're interested in the job you should have it in your mind that you can be sent anywhere like kaduna or aba even if you're married or a lady
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by SenatorJChris: 12:07pm On May 30, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

If you got me right, I said RECENT MOVE. When you say reported cases, what timeline are you referring to? Coz my post was based on last year's event. In 2012, I did apply to a similar position for brewing without the masters criteria. So, are you referring to peeps that joined NB prior to 2015 or after? My comment wasn't meant to be final or the main reason. But since I commented based on facts which I cited, I thought it would have been a better line of reasoning to cost cutting. You may be right anyway, I only thought I should share the information. To further buttress my point, of the 175 scholars sponsored by PTDF alone in 2014/2015, you'll be surprised that about 50% quit their jobs to accept the award, and I'm sure over 80% of this 50% must have happily stated they're quitting to take advantage of a scholarship opportunity to further their studies. So, the claim isn't far from the truth even if you may be right. I would have preferred if you're specific on your timeline and positions/roles. I speak specifically on Management Trainee roles starting from last year.
The point you made might be plausible. However we can't completely accept that as a sole reason cos I know someone that was hired last year without MSc but have an impressive work experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by ugowinn(m): 4:31pm On May 30, 2016
adedavid501:
They usually take about 10 management trainees for a function such as brewing, packaging, logistics. Highest they take 15, for brewing and packaging, sometimes they take about 2 or 3 people from UK to join. During the training period, you get free accommodation,feeding and laundry. Brewing and packaging program lasts for over a year but logistics is 6 months then you're posted to any location across the country to work..so if you're interested in the job you should have it in your mind that you can be sent anywhere like kaduna or aba even if you're married or a lady

Human beings still live there though.......it's still better than not trying
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by Bambizzle4k4556: 6:31am On May 31, 2016
2rutalk1:
. I didn't expect that section at all. Taking cognizance of Workforce past questions, I was busy studying abstract (graph) reasoning, if not that I am an Economist coupled with my secondary school knowledge in Commerce, it wouldn't have been funny. Still hoping for the best though. Meanwhile, I noticed that right answers to 2 or 3 questions in the numerical reasoning were not in the options. For instance, the Pie Chart and the other question on ratio. I don't know if someone remembers that question: boys and girls in the ratio of 3:4 with total of 60 items (something like that) Find the share of the boys? The answer was not there.

U didnt read d question well mate. The ratio was.dere, the 60 wasnt the total, it was for the girl...they now.asked to.calculate the one for the boy. Thats it. Which is 45 or so. The answer was there mate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by chimeziepaul: 7:42am On May 31, 2016
U re right, but there is still a question without answer.

Bambizzle4k4556:

U didnt read d question well mate. The ratio was.dere, the 60 wasnt the total, it was for the girl...they now.asked to.calculate the one for the boy. Thats it. Which is 45 or so. The answer was there mate
Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by 2rutalk1: 7:50am On May 31, 2016
Bambizzle4k4556:

thank you. May be it was an oversight, i used 60 as the total.
So if 60 was for female
Denoting the total as X
4/7 X x/1 = 60

4x = 60 x 7

4x = 420

x = 420/4

x = 105

Since female's share = 60
Male's share = 105 - 60 = 45

You guys are right. Na Alomo Bitters cause am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Breweries Calls For Trainee Logistic Test by adedavid501(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

You're very correct, the masters criteria started in 2014 after the last logistics recruitment, it was due to people always resigning after a year or two to further their studies because they can now afford it. That's the only reason for the criteria, not to reduce number of applicants or anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Form Out Get It Now------ / Thread For Port Harcourt Employers Who Need Graduate Short Service / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.