Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan (22434 Views)

Binatone Rechargeable Fan / What Could Be The Problem With The Rechargeable Fan? / Rechargeable Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Charpell(m): 1:49am On May 24, 2016
The heat at night get worse daily, this has forced people without alternative energy to look for solution

Two months ago, while I was surfing the internet looking for cheap alternatives for people who cant afford inverters in this heat period, I came across a store on kaymu where different brands, types of rechargeable fan were sold.

The fans came with mouth-watering features for their prices, I checked online for experience from users to know if the fans were worth the price, but I couldn’t find any.

So I decided to take the risk, I went ahead to the market to give it a trial, the experiences so has been nothing short of awesomeness. I planned to buy all 3 fans the sake of review

The 3 categories of fans I want to review are
· Rechargeable Water Mist Fan
· Lontor CTL-CF030 16 Rechargeable Fan
· Havic Portable Rechargeable USB Fan

1 Rechargeable Water Mist Fan aka Water Fan
This fan is far superior and unique from other rechargeable fan I have known. It works like air-condition due to its ability to control the humidity of its environment.
When the weather gets too hot, an ordinary fan will to emit hot air normally. But this fan provides an air cooling effect through its automatic water atomization function. It cools the air by drawing water from the inbuilt 2.1ltrs water can and provide the much-needed humidity in the home. It is sleek and beautifully designed, providing more esthetics for the home. This is a great cooling appliance for home, store and lecture venues.

I didn’t buy this fan because the small size of it was out of stock. So I cant give review because I haven’t used it yet

Price
As of 2 months ago, it was sold for N17,000.

2 Lontor CTL-CF030 16 Rechargeable Fan

The Features
Some of the basic features and specification of the Lontor Rechargeable Fan includes –

3-speed control
16″ max height
Easy oscillation and height adjustment
Built-in LED night-light
AD/DC function (auto-switches)
Over-charge and over-discharge protection
Retailed with 2 piece 6v 4.5Ah rechargeable battery
Charging and operating indicator
12-16 hours charge time

The Review

3-speed control
The fan comes with 3 speed mode (low, medium and fast) to help regulate your desired temperature.

Battery Life
In all, the battery life is good as it will help keep your room cool and comfortable from the moment you turn off your generator until the morning.

Its expected that the more faster the fan, the faster the battery runs down.

Fast 3.5 hours
Medium 5 hours
Low 8 hours

LED Night-Light
The built-in LED night-light is awesome and works even when the battery can no longer power the fan. It can go for as long as four days without issues.
For students, this could add more juice to the lifespan of your reading lamps, saving you the stress of running now and then, looking for a place to charge your lamps.

Charging time
It takes long hours to full charge the battery. I cant give a correct figure, but I’d say it takes between 10-12hours for charging

Oscillatory Movement
The oscillatory movement is awesome; it covers every angle in a room

Pros
Excellent features and value for money
Build quality is okay
Battery duration is great
Addition of Night life

Cons
It takes longer hours to charge
Addiction of a USB port (power bank) would have been a kill

Price N8,000

Watch Videowww.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBGlYnHjP0&feature=youtu.be

3 Havic Portable Rechargeable USB Fan.
This mini Handheld Portable USB Fan is powered by Lithium Rechargeable Battery. It can also be powered by any PowerBank or Micro USB Cable via USB Port of Notebook/ Computer.
It can also be used to for cooling Computers.

The Features

Intelligent control system with 3 power modes to choose;
Output power 4W
Battery charged by USB and portable
Small sound lead out, won't disturb your good rest;
There are easy remarks for 3 power degrees. And with a green power on button and a red power off button.
Portable mini fan powered by lithium rechargeable battery, convenient to take anywhere and anytime, keep you cool on hot days.
Its expected that the more faster the fan, the faster the battery runs down.
Fast 2.5 hours
Medium 6.5hours
Low 8.5 hours
For longer hours, it is expected to run in the lowest mode

Whats in the Box?
1 x Rechargeable USB Fan
1 x Adapter Cable
1 x 1500mAh Rechargeable Li-Lion Battery

Pros
Very Portable
Different Source of charging
Last Longer Hours
3 Speed Control
Batteries Can be Easily Replaced

Cons
No Oscillatory Movement

Price N2,500

With the current heat in Nigeria, I think everyone should have any of this affordable fan in their home.

Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by lecturerdabo(m): 6:51am On May 24, 2016
Great review op!

That number2 is not good enough, can't imagine charging a gadget that will last average of 4hrs for 16hrs in NIGERIA, with "constant power supply"

1 Like

Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Charpell(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Great review op!

That number2 is not good enough, can't imagine charging a gadget that will last average of 4hrs for 16hrs in NIGERIA, with "constant power supply"
Thanks bro.
You right, that is why I always let it run on low, so I can get 8 hours
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Wers(m): 11:37am On May 28, 2016
What is the current price of the Lontor?
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Charpell(m): 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
It should be around N10,000

1 Like

Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Charpell(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
cc lalastica
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by cecegorz(m): 10:38am On Dec 23, 2016
I woke up in the middle of the night yesterday, drenched in my own sweat.
The only thing that was on my mind is, go and get rechargeable fan very fast!

So i searched for reviews because i already bought the Russel Hobbs standing water mist fan from Konga @32k earlier in the year, even though it is not rechargeable, I'm still not impressed with the performance.

The number 2 in your review caught my fancy, though it has to be a standing version of it. But the 10-12 hours charge period is a complete minus!
I hardly have up to 2 hrs of supply during the day, which is also irregular and i run my Gen from 6pm-12pm when i return from work, so i don't see how i can be recharging the fan after each use.

cc: Charpell
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Charpell(m): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
cecegorz:
I woke up in the middle of the night yesterday, drenched in my own sweat.
The only thing that was on my mind is, go and get rechargeable fan very fast!

So i searched for reviews because i already bought the Russel Hobbs standing water mist fan from Konga @32k earlier in the year, even though it is not rechargeable, I'm still not impressed with the performance.

The number 2 in your review caught my fancy, though it has to be a standing version of it. But the 10-12 hours charge period is a complete minus!
I hardly have up to 2 hrs of supply during the day, which is also irregular and i run my Gen from 6pm-12pm when i return from work, so i don't see how i can be recharging the fan after each use.

cc: Charpell
The water mist fan is a disappointment if its not reachable. The 10-12 hours of charging is really a great minus. Although I have a friend who said he uses solar for his fan. Will try and give a review on that soon
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Blueface01: 3:10pm On May 05, 2021
Any update on the latest portable affordable rechargeable fan to get ... 2021
Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by Ensa777(f): 4:43pm On Feb 15
And this month courtsey of demand and dollar,the price of the medium one is now #45,000.It pained meoo cos laziness made me to postpone buying it when they told me #25k as at Dec 2023 but I bought it anyway and for 2 days now been able to sleep at night.
Even at that price we were on queue at the shop.everybody holding on to one angry grin

We don't have light at all,so on the 1st day I slept with factory charged one. grin against their recommendations ;DIt blew from 10pm to 5:30am on the dot at 2nd speed setting.
It comes with a solar panel(AC current )which I used to charge it throughout yesterday.It went off at 3am.i guess solar current isn't ass strong as Direct current hence lesser work time.
Today I'm charging with DC and would monitor the hours it would stay.

Overall I have escaped the frightening heat. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan by SimeonOTC(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02
Ensa777:
And this month courtsey of demand and dollar,the price of the medium one is now #45,000.It pained meoo cos laziness made me to postpone buying it when they told me #25k as at Dec 2023 but I bought it anyway and for 2 days now been able to sleep at night.
Even at that price we were on queue at the shop.everybody holding on to one angry grin

We don't have light at all,so on the 1st day I slept with factory charged one. grin against their recommendations ;DIt blew from 10pm to 5:30am on the dot at 2nd speed setting.
It comes with a solar panel(AC current )which I used to charge it throughout yesterday.It went off at 3am.i guess solar current isn't ass strong as Direct current hence lesser work time.
Today I'm charging with DC and would monitor the hours it would stay.

Overall I have escaped the frightening heat. Damn!

Just got mine today for 50k with abeg...

After coupling it, I was abit impressed even at the low speed..

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water / How To Kill Your Friends (Or Enemies) On Facebook / Cow Attacks Woman On Motobike (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.