Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) (30526 Views)

Patience Jonathan Visits Ateke Tom (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2016
raker300:
this is gon be the last time I reply you on nairaland. Read what I wrote that you're replying to.

I was talking about foreign reserves. Foreign reserves is a country's bragging rights.

You talking about borrowin, what has Buhari been jetting around the world looking for? He's been looking for loans wch most countries have refused to give. You need to be able to look the part of being able to pay back before one can borrow to you.

Don't think I don't know you man. You're the one going around putting down an entire state and its people just cos a couple of merry men are giving you a tough time. You going around igniting hate against God's people just so you can get back at a couple folks. Speaks to your character man and I want nothing to do with a man like you.

Same people same mentality. You can continue lying to yourself.

https://www.thecable.ng/depleting-foreign-reserves-not-jonathans-fault

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/55bn-got-wrong-fg-replies-obasanjo/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/jonathan-squandered-55bn-oil-money-obj/

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/drop-in-foreign-reserves-okonjo-iweala-responds-to-obasanjo-says-funds-not-squandered/

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Go back to school to learn before quoting references without knowledge.

Government borrowed to pay salaries because the 2014 budget ended March, 2015 and 2015 budget wasn't yet signed. You forgot the same government paid fuel importers N200 billion.

$5 billion LNG royalty was still in the bank.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/fg-to-pay-oil-marketers-n413bn-subsidy-debts-as/

Marketers told Vanguard that they are being owed
about N470 billion in outstanding subsidy claims from
August 1, 2014 till date.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:35am On May 24, 2016
Abagworo:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/fg-to-pay-oil-marketers-n413bn-subsidy-debts-as/

Marketers told Vanguard that they are being owed
about N470 billion in outstanding subsidy claims from
August 1, 2014 till date.

Exactly how much subsidy debt is owed.

4th May, 2015

Punch reports that Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says the government owes marketers N131 billion, however; the marketers insist that they are still being owed N200bn after last week’s payment of N154 billion.

A meeting is scheduled to hold today in which Okonjo-Iweala and the marketers discuss the disagreement, and hopefully reach a resolution.

Speaking on the issue, Executive Secretary, Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria, Thomas Olawore, told newsmen that “the government had paid N154.2 billion out of the N354.4 bilion it owed the independent and major marketers as well as the depot owners, leaving a balance of N200.2 billion.”

However, the Finance Minister stated,“as you know, we paid N156bn recently, N100bn of the principal payment that we owe them and then we paid N56bn interest rate and some remaining exchange rate differentials. Prior to that, we had just paid N31bn exchange rate differentials. So, at the time we paid that last week, what we had outstanding was N98bn.”As of now, since we made the announcement last week, it has now risen from N98bn to N131bn outstanding in principal payment. And they are now making a demand of N200bn and I ask them what is the balance for?”

Olawore further stated “We will explain to her that it is N200.2bn. The PPPRA is there as the middle party and will be able to establish the truth based on the agreed template.”

https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/05/fg-petrol-marketers-disagree-on-outstanding-subsidy-debt-finance-minister-to-meet-with-marketers-today/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by repogirl(f): 8:38am On May 24, 2016
Zombies be like... angry

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Aare2050(m): 8:39am On May 24, 2016
enjoy your self Jonathan.....
even Buhari they flex himself....

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On May 24, 2016
This man silence is givung apc sleepless night,they kEep trying to bring him down but he come's out tall

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On May 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
And the man has been going places and also silent on affairs of the nation, even when bubu and apc blame him on the slightest part of their cluelessness. That's a man of integrity.

My question is, who does Buhari blame on his cluelessness in 1984? GEJ also?

Nope IBB
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Bluffly: 8:46am On May 24, 2016
With all the stolen money he has been using to tour all nooks and cranny of the world, he could have toured the wretched parts of Nigeria and contributed to their well-being rather searching for accolades that are not missing in a foreign land. This is an indication that 99% of our leaders thinks from their foot.

Obviously, this is his strategy of staying away from the radar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 8:50am On May 24, 2016
That igbo man on red cap is very handsome.good genes people, good genes.
Igbo Kwenu

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by ajealadick(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2016
Come back home to EFCC, they are waiting too long for your arrival.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by AreaFada2: 8:51am On May 24, 2016
WildChild00:
What a perfect gentleman you are, we love you and missed you too.

You know 9ja is a militaristic gra-gra society.

Being cultured and law-abiding is seen by many as weakness. People rather submit to intimidation.

Why do you think cultists, touts, agberos, violent omoniles and other miscreants have so much effrontery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On May 24, 2016
he should visit Camden new Jersey.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by nasoweseeam: 8:52am On May 24, 2016
#GEJISNOTONEXILE See the gist on Nasoweseeam.com

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by anonimi: 8:53am On May 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
And the man has been going places and also silent on affairs of the nation, even when bubu and apc blame him on the slightest part of their cluelessness. That's a man of integrity.

Good question.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3747642_3745850fbimg1463927936602jpeg8173f300eff5e836ee925373615edada_jpegeaf9c8fbc7a78ee96d89f367b1820960

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by satmaniac(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2016
Abagworo:

Biko stop spreading lies authoritatively. Thank God for Internet.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

The federal government has borrowed 473 billion naira to
meet up with recurrent expenditure including paying of
salaries while it is yet to release funds for capital projects.
According to Reuters, Nigeria has already used half the
borrowing allowance it has budgeted for and has not
released any funds for capital expenditure so far this year,
as lower oil prices eat into its revenues, the country’s
finance minister said on Tuesday.

“We have serious challenges,” Finance Minister Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala said in an emailed statement. “Things have
been tough since the beginning of the year and they are
likely to remain so till the end of the year.”

The borrowed money has been spent to cover overhead,
including salaries, the minister said.
Lawmakers in Africa’s biggest economy and oil producer
last week passed a 4.49 trillion naira ($23 billion) budget
for 2015, 3.2 percent lower than last year’s spending plans.
It was forced to cut spending after global oil prices
slumped.

The budget took longer than usual getting through
parliament, worsening the cash squeeze, because of the
closely fought general elections in March, which saw
incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan defeated.
“As a result of the 50 percent decline in oil revenues, the
country has faced a difficult cash crunch … Out of the 882
billon naira budgetary provision for borrowing, the
government has borrowed 473 billion naira to meet up with
recurrent expenditure,” the finance ministry said.
Okonjo-Iweala had projected annual domestic borrowing
last year would fall to below 500 billion naira from 577
billion naira in 2013.

The borrowing requirement this year could crowd out
lending to the real economy, raising domestic interest rates
and yields on government bonds, which could hurt growth.
Forecasts for growth have already been lowered twice this
year.
The ministry said that inflation is still in single digits and
that the Nigerian economy is projected to grow by 4.8
percent this year.

Government revenues have shrunk sharply since oil sales
account for up to 80 percent of them and its currency, the
naira, has weakened drastically, despite the central bank’s
spending billions of U.S. dollars to prop it up.
The lack of funds for capital expenditure means badly
needed infrastructure development will be put on hold.
Funding for large projects such as bridges and roads had
already begun to dry up in 2014, forcing construction firms
companies with government contracts to cut back and fire
thousands of workers.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by anonimi: 8:54am On May 24, 2016
nasoweseeam:
#GEJISNOTONEXILE See the gist on Nasoweseeam.com

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3752946_politricks151_jpegbe92dd53a6c85c8e703885bf3700add7

Abi oh.
Make the zombies who led us into this hit enjoy the change chain from their "expired" leader. grin angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by boujaye: 8:55am On May 24, 2016
Johnpaul2k2:
Good Heart President
I love you and Love you
some people go faint tire, we go pour water for their body to revive them. Gej, I love you too!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:57am On May 24, 2016
Firefire:
APC and their many lies to cover their directionless Goverment continues...

APC, party of professional propagandist and career fraudsters
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by dagano: 8:57am On May 24, 2016
My Lord! This is too much for one man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On May 24, 2016
grin cheesy grin..

Abeg my supporter How Many People Come? Ibe like say Na only 4 or 5 people dey for the Gathering grin grin grin

YOU SURE SAY NAIRALANDERS NO GO SAY DIS ONE NA .... grin grin grin

grin grin grin

FAYOSESHOPE grin grin grin grin

NO ! Oga Johna , Nairalanders no get Brians to think say na FAYOSESHOPE grin grin grin

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Swazzkid(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2016
congrats Mr. presido, even amidst the blames by d opposition party u choose to remain silent(dats Wise of You)..... even as dey chase you, you will always be going forward, places and of course be rewarded for your transparency....kudos Mr. presido

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by LesbianBoy(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2016
sheguy:
My hero.
Shut up jor! Your hero ko!

OUR HERO......Repeat after me OUR HERO! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Taryur3(m): 9:07am On May 24, 2016
Good man with good heart but surrounded with careless people during his tenure.God bless you my paddy

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 24, 2016
grin grin grin Hmmmmm!!!

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by frisky2good(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2016
That place no resemble Cote D'ivore na!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by madridsta007(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2016
whirlwind7:
Huh.
Thought the media said dude was lying low in Cote d'Ivoire?

Everyone knew that it was a bloody propaganda. APC should evolve in their propaganda style. It's becoming nauseatingly obvious.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by crazymod: 9:17am On May 24, 2016
Ebal:
The former president of Nigeria visited Newark to celebrate African culture and democracy.
President Goodluck Jonathan took to the podium at Newark’s City Hall Municipal Council Chamber to praise African countries who’ve taken up a more democratic approach.
“One man, one vote, one woman, one vote, one youth, one vote. I also advocate and I’m also know for preaching that my political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian,” said Jonathan.

Newark Municipal Council President Mildred Crump presented Goodluck with a very special gift.
“One of the things that I love to give to people, and because I know his house, you have a lovely coffee table, I am pleased and honored to present to you the book called Newark by John Cunningham.”
Essex County College presented the former Nigerian president with a gift from one of its students.
“I’m a Nigerian, so that was like a highlight of my day for me. It’s also great to be an international student and also be able to give a gift to the president of my country on behalf of the school that has accepted me to the United States.”
Goodluck Jonathan lost his 2015 bid for re-election but was happy to see it come through a democratic process.

Source:http://ebalsblog..co.uk/2016/05/goodluck-jonathan-visits-nigerians-in.html

THE HEADLINE SHOULD BE:
Goodluck Jonathan Visits IGBOs In Newark, New Jersey.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by doctokwus: 9:17am On May 24, 2016
Where are the Nigerians?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by afonjay: 9:20am On May 24, 2016
raker300:
Mehn, drag this man's name through the mud and he still comes out comes out clean. An angel is definitely watching over him

Another one of Sahara reporters lies busted..shame on them and the Apc
tell him to come back to nigeria n rest now is otuoke not comfortable anymore or is nigeria not comfortable for him anymore ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Zico5(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2016
Nigeria is finished. If the only way forward is to honour a man that looted us dry and placed us in this precarious situation then no hope at all. By now, the shameless man supposed to be cooling off in maximum prison or gone totally on an exile. I trust my people, we don't celebrate a thief rather we relegate them. Yoruba shall be great.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Guyman02: 9:35am On May 24, 2016
whirlwind7:
Huh.
Thought the media said dude was lying low in Cote d'Ivoire?

It was Yoloba media that said so
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Visits Nigerians In Newark, New Jersey, Us(photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On May 24, 2016
Lovelynature:

goan sit down, GEJ messed the economy up, and only political lowbrows will sing praise him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Demands Oyegun's Resignation As APC Chairman / Boko Haram Members Dressed As Health Workers Arrested In Zaria / Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.