Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,017 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

Why Does God Love Sinners? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Love Sinners? (488 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Love Sinners? by Nobody: 8:38am On May 24, 2016
Any good reasons?
Re: Why Does God Love Sinners? by gabinogem(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2016
If "God" love sinners, there won't be a question of heaven & hell... Religion is man's delusion to man.
Re: Why Does God Love Sinners? by thesicilian: 9:27am On May 24, 2016
A father will love all his children whether they are well behaved or not. He may not be happy with their behaviour, but he loves them even when he threatens to disown them.
Re: Why Does God Love Sinners? by davien(m): 12:54pm On May 24, 2016
thesicilian:
A father will love all his children whether they are well behaved or not. He may not be happy with their behaviour, but he loves them even when he threatens to disown them.
Is disowning the same as eternal punishment?
Re: Why Does God Love Sinners? by thesicilian: 9:05pm On May 24, 2016
davien:
Is disowning the same as eternal punishment?

Yes and No.
It is only a foolish and stubborn son that will not heed his Father's advise when the father puts forward two options to him - one good, and one bad, - and then tells him the right one to choose.

(This day I call the heavens and the earth as
witnesses against you that I have set before
you life and death, blessings and curses. Now
choose life, so that you and your children may
live ) - Deut 30:19
Re: Why Does God Love Sinners? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 24, 2016
thesicilian:
A father will love all his children whether they are well behaved or not.
This is good. It still doesn't answer why God loves sinners. Is it his nature to do so or does HE choose to do so?

thesicilian:

He may not be happy with their behaviour, but he loves them even when he threatens to disown them.
I find it hard to believe the Creator of the Universe would feel threatened by unbelief or sin. Take fornication for example. Odds are there's over a million couples having sex somewhere in the world, every hour. Is God taking notes and checking which couple is married or unmarried?

(1) (Reply)

Things Of The Past World / Need Prayers / My View On The Reason Pope Said Christians Should Apologize To Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.