Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

The Tomato Shame- Come And Contribute To The Solution - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Tomato Shame- Come And Contribute To The Solution (548 Views)

How Yam Farming Can Contribute To Our Economic In Nigeria / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tomato Shame- Come And Contribute To The Solution by olapluto(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2016
The Agric section of NL is usually bustling with brilliant ideas from small and big time farmers and prospective farmers. Most people seem to always have export as an end goal, or at least industrial production.
Now, Tomato processing and manufacture has come to our doors. Apparently, the companies are buying off the tomatoes and there is nothing left for us the masses.
Does this mean that we cannot produce enough for our own use? that we now import from Cameroun?
Tomato is one of the easiest things to farm. In my compound, we have tomatoes growing near where we pour pepper wastes. Now, with such an easy avenue to get tomatoes, every Jacks should be able to at least produce enough tomatoes to feed his or her family, except you're renting.
I guess another problem is the preservation of tomatoes, hence where the companies become useful.
How can we solve the tomato problem immediately? Or at least within few months?
Any advice on seeds, land types, farming?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donkey Skin Available For Pickup @#21k / Fish Meat Separator / Catfish Fingerlings Available In IMO State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.