Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ? (538 Views)

NNEWI : Conditions You Can Commit Adultery Without It Being An Offense / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ? by ANIEXTY(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2016
Last week during one of our church evening service, being and instrumentalist (and also know a little about sound setting) i went to set the sound because the main guy was not around and i noticed that the sound system was alterd (not the normal settings) and it could not work well, so i had to reset it myself.

Long story short...

This same thing kept on happening (if they dont alter the sound, they spoil somthing els ) about 3 more times,
then i was angry and eager to know who was behind all this.

I had just one suspect in mind (a boy 8 to 10 years old) he stays in one of the residential building in the church with his parents.

So i asked him
me: who went to touch dat mixer ?
boy: which mixer ?
so i took him to the place and showed him the thing,
boy: is not me ooo!!

after alot of asking he still said he never knew any thing about it.

So one guy who saw me asking him, called him and it went like this

guy: do you know that who ever that lies will go to hell fire ?
*i'll update*
Re: How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ? by ANIEXTY(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2016
Na so the boy face change,
guy: so if you dont want to go to hell, just tell the truth so that GOD will forgive you...
who did it ?
boy: am the one dat did it.

It was then i knew that there are many way to get the truth from kids,
but that was just one of it.

So parents in the house, "what trick or how do you get your child to tell you the truth"
i wanna learn more

cc;lalasticlala,Royalroy,mynd44,finestboi.
Re: How Do You Get Kids To Tell The Truth After Commiting An Offense ? by okikiosibodu(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Well, am still a bachelor. But I have Learnt from Pastor Sam Adeyemi, that "scold your child when he does wrong, but also let him know that the punishment will be more if he tell lies". So the truth should always attract milder punishment. But growin up sha, my mama no wan sabi if na true you talk or not as long as na wrong doing you go get beating of your life. So that used to encourage a child being perfect in lies telling (with all "T"s crossed and "i"s dotted

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

24 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law / Hurray!!! Happy Birthday To Me! / What Is This “sickness” Called In Your Area And How Is It Treated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.