Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen (40831 Views)

Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Has Money To Pay 3 Months Salaries – Ex- Finance Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by M4gunners: 2:19pm On May 24, 2016
Call Fayose all kinds of name it doesn't matter, he is the only governor the have foresight in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by skywalker240(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Only if every state down south can emulate Gov. Fayose, these fulani killing, maiming, raping & destroying of people's crop will be a thing of d past. But,

Do U know Dat TONDA GOFAYA Lord Luggard?
Hahahahhaaha but bros,....de guy don die since before dem born fayose grandpapa na
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by sassiemyk: 2:24pm On May 24, 2016
Rxpetite:
Every state has a right to allow or deny herdsmen access to her territory.
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.

I think yhu are the best writer in Nairaland. I guess we are blood related
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 24, 2016
Observant:

We have proven to be like minds, i wrote my piece even before i saw yours but they both bare exactly the same message.
Southerners believe Aboki"s to be dumb and i laugh, these people think 100yrs ahead coupled with mentor-ship from their brothers in the Mid-east.
The Constitution of Nigeria need to be revised as a matter of urgency.
I quite agree with you on that one,these northerners are not dumb,we give them less credit for what they really are,that is what has gotten us to where we are now, since the almagamtion of Nigeria, all they have done is to strategically position every region to be in their grasp,it's time for us to start paying close attention to them,for every thing they do or don't do is all part of the plan for control of other regions
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Countryman1(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2016
I can see a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon to call 4 fayose.
Please, when cow meat becomes expensive in ekit, I beg you with ur grandpa's grave abeg no blame buhari ooo, I hope you will all come and clap 4 fayose then.
Please keep banning and don't think of other options and let all southwest states, then we will see how you go take meat chop your rice.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ImpersonatorSS: 2:28pm On May 24, 2016
hardbody:
I agree with the op and rest of the positive posts but wait ooo

Is it these egbe ntu abi dane guns that they will use to fight the Libyans with AK47

hahahahaha
The guns are only a small physical fraction of their 'main' weapons. wink
The Fulanis themselves know it. That's why they want to go to court rather than face them in battle.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by ImpersonatorSS: 2:29pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:
Please, when cow meat becomes expensive in ekit, I beg you with ur grandpa's grave abeg no blame buhari ooo, I hope you will all come and clap 4 fayose then.
Please keep banning and don't think of other options and let all southwest states, then we will see how you go take meat chop your rice.

Don't worry, we shall make do with frozen foods while we establish ranches.
I choose life over beef. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Hafyz23(m): 2:35pm On May 24, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Am I the only one that read the paragraph that states "there are ranching reserves gazettes by the federal government all over the states of Nigeria"

Ogbeni this guys are dummies!
I tell you. They think Nigeria is their birthright.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by logica(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:

Please, when cow meat becomes expensive in Ekiti
...and beef is a necessity? Chicken boku, fish boku and these are even healthier than beef (beef is red meat, chicken and fish are white meat). Thanks for the "concern" though.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by DeltaOil: 2:40pm On May 24, 2016
Na wa these people want to first take the oil from the south.

Now they are doing a jihad with their fulani herdsmen, who are now the mobile divison of Boko Haram.

The Fulani people have not for once condemned the killings.

Instead they dont like it when people speak out.

The South had better wake up before its too late.

This is not APC vs PDP or South-West vs South-South.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of movement of persons and movable goods to any part of the country, so Mr Fayose will have to find another way to solve this madness

So far they haven't been convicted and placed in prison, yes they have right of freedom of movement, as per your second question, I'm old enough to know it's spelt as "armed robber".
Cheers
they have the right of movement but cattles do not, I'm from Anambra , I'm my particular town, even before the issue of herdsmen, animals like dogs, goats, pigs etc except local fowl are not allowed to roam about, it will be confiscated by the local government agents. It's not out of spite but common law to protect the rights of everyone and ensure equity. You cannot take your own to spoil my own.come to my place, you will not see any except at the market , or on market day. If they can deny themselves the pleasure to protect themselves and property, why should they give you the freedom to do so.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by winj: 2:42pm On May 24, 2016
The best thing for fulani hrdsmen is SHOOT AT SIGHT!
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by OShepherd: 2:42pm On May 24, 2016
bjdon:
When the federal govt took over all the land in the country via the Land Use decree many people did not complain as it did not affect them. The main reason the FG did that was to take control of the oil in the south which was then mainly onshore.

No that the same laws are being used to seize land for cattle grazing people are starting to make noise. I hope you can all know see what happens when you allow one injustice to occur, over time it simply breeds more injustice.

What is happening with the Herdsmen needs to be a wake up call to South. The North is over populated and the Sahara is rapidly encroching on their land. They are going to start moving south in ever larger numbers. This is just a fact. I will not be surprised if in a few years time, we see the FG allocate lands in the south for 'The resettlement of victims of climate change'. These people are very very cleaver and they think long term. If we don't resist this evil so called grazing bill and give full support to people like Faysoe, then one day we'll wake up and find whole areas in the South have been carved out for others and now have Emirs. Southerners shine your eyes!!
I sit here & ponder on these! Think of d population of dese Northern chaps in every nook & crannies of vital South states like Lagos & its possible aftermath effects in terms of conflict. I 4see dis country may not stand long term, Y has dis LIBYAN menace become increasingly rampant sinz PMB came on throne. Southerners wise up!!!
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by daejavuu: 2:43pm On May 24, 2016
weyabblog:
Fayose is God sent. Chaiii buhari want to finish us. When did buhari give our lands to fulani for their our personal business of no tax. We are finished. Chaiiii
============================================

what right do they also have to graze the landscape freely too....abegi.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/fayose-has-no-right-to-ban-cattle-rearing-in-ekiti-%E2%80%93-fulani-herdsmen.212611/
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Adminisher: 2:44pm On May 24, 2016
Rxpetite:
Every state has a right to allow or deny herdsmen access to her territory.
Not all herdsmen are evil but one has to be careful. When boko haram started, northerners treated these issues with kid gloves until it started to torment them. They knew the members but protected them until they became uncontrollable. As far as I'm concerned, Northerners grew, groomed and nourished boko haram.
Here in the south we will not tolerate any act of terrorism especially from the north. We have our own issues to deal with.
They ask why we reacted differently to the kidnap of amina and ese ? The answer is simple;
Northern terrorists kidnap their northern schoolgirls in their northern territory and we Southerners can only show our concern(#bringbakourgirls ) and caution the north.
Northern assholes kidnap southern girls from southern territory and we will in orubebe's words , not take it.
States which can monitor the herdsmen can let them roam. If fayose cannot guarantee the security of his state from herdmen, he has every right to ban them from the on set to avoid stories that touch. people learn from their mistakes but smart people learn from other's mistakes.

No state can ban cattle herdsmen or any Nigerian. You can regulate them and arm hunters for self protection of communities with Police oversight but you cannot ban herdsmen
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Leiman100(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2016
"Whatever a man can separately do for himself without trespassing upon others he as a right to do for himself and he has a right to a fair portion of that which the society with its combination of skill and force can do in his favor"

"In a school of nature everyone has a right to defend himself and his possession and extend his hostility to a reasonable amount of satisfaction and retaliation."
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by bjdon: 2:46pm On May 24, 2016
Observant:

We have proven to be like minds, i wrote my piece even before i saw yours but they both bare exactly the same message.
Southerners believe Aboki"s to be dumb and i laugh, these people think 100yrs ahead coupled with mentor-ship from their brothers in the Mid-east.
The Constitution of Nigeria need to be revised as a matter of urgency.

God bless you my brother
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Pureheart91(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2016
To be Onest about dis whole tin, Nigeria is in a battle for islamizn dis blessed country of ours, and if we fold our eyes and shut our mouth sayn we are prayn for peace to reign den we must be eida dumb or Numb to the laid down fact.

#1- Nigeria comprises mainly of two ethnic religious group...one from dy North(Islam) another from the south(christainity).

To my God fearing christain folks in the south, i would want to take us down memory Lane in history to the effect of modern day Europe most popular Islamic country TURKEY!
Turkey was once a christain nation, which is a goodbye story now. The colonization of Islam on dy Turks startd like this- radical killings, takin of territories,destroyn lives n properties of d christain folks and finally mountn up dier flag as an islamic nation.
We need not been bias in our judgemnt, as even dy world today is in disarray owing to the activities of Islamic terrorist groups...eg ISIS, Al queda and BOKO..all having d same mission of conquerin the world wid thier islamic agenda,by simply chasing the infidiels(christains/non islam) out dier land, creatn rooms for migration and den invading dose so called 'infidels' nation/territory wid dier radicals also as stationed.
Today as we knw, both Iran, ISIS, saudi arabia even russia are all on the mouth of Isreal wich are majorly been protectd by d USA.
Little i digress from d point, i want us to undastnd dah its no news dah most southerners in d North east of Nigeria have fled bk to thier homes thus creatn avenue for dem to peretuate dier hidious Act.
Now they are comn against us to claim our God given land and resources as thier Right and Heritage.
Should this be allowed? Is PMB goin to take decisve action against dem herdsmen?.....they answer is No.No.No n No...
Dont be decieved PMB is from dy lineage of Usman dan fodio an Islam radical, den how wud he of all people act against dis perpetuated Act.

People of the South wake up and fyt for ur right before we all get swooped off by dis hideious devilish plot..END TIMES is strtd playn out...its eida we stick wid the devil or God....

FAYOSE thumbs Up..Oduduwa do sumtin, Gburgburu i weep for u..IPOB do sumtin.....
Lets leave and have peace!!
GOD BLESS ODUDUWA n IPOB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 24, 2016
Countryman1:
take ur cow to hell we don't want ur bloody cow.we would raise our own,or eat chicken,turkey,fish nd evn bushmeat self,u this fulani murderer

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Countryman1(m): 2:54pm On May 24, 2016
logica:
...and beef is a necessity? Chicken boku, fish boku and these are even healthier than beef (beef is red meat, chicken and fish are white meat). Thanks for the "concern" though.

You are welcome sir, just pointing out one of the unintentional economic reactions of a ban can cause if fayose succeeds with a ban ( though it is a far fetched reality).
So when meat and meat products go up in the southwest or ekiti at least we can boldly accept it and not cry under those conditions. Just an observation.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Countryman1(m): 2:57pm On May 24, 2016
fuckDmod:
take ur cow to hell we don't want ur bloody cow.we would raise our own,or eat chicken,turkey,fish nd evn bushmeat self,u this fulani murderer

Thank you for your wise and inept view, very refreshing but I will advise you to use the first syllable of your moniker on yourself.
In case u no sabi wetin moniker or syllable be u can use the dictionary.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by OShepherd: 3:02pm On May 24, 2016
A true born Ekitiman is Blunt & will never cower in times of challenges no matter highly placed any1 is in d society even @ d point of death. On dis 1, I say FAYOSE Welldone!
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by bjdon: 3:03pm On May 24, 2016
Joel3:
WHY ANY GRAZING BILL MUST BE
STOPPED:- The story is told of how King
Yunfa, the Hausa Sarkin in Gobir (now
called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant
called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in
February 1804, as a result of this and since
1808 the whole of the northern region lost
its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani
emirates. King Yunfa is said to have been
killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior
(Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto
caliphate, making himself Sultan. Gradually,
other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and
taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic
groups in the core north were the first
victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that
occurred because the people were given
access to grazing land as a result of the
hospitality of the hosts. They however failed
to overrun the Bornu kingdom, so the Shehu
of Bornu remains paramount till today! The
Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a
Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to
settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed
Afonja in 1824 And Ilorin, a Yoruba town
under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani
hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto
caliphate till today! Even the attempts of
the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to
revert to status quo ante and crown an
Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in
futility. The Yoruba warriors got wise and
defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in
1840, if this didn't happen there would
most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as
rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo,
Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today! If the Bini
Kingdom did not fight and repel the
jihadists, they would have penetrated the
Edo/ Delta region beyond the present day
Edo North Senatorial District which gave in
and allowed the jihadists to overrun &
islamize them. Along with some ignorant
folk most of them are now angling for
grazing areas and a corridor through the
entire federation. These grazing areas will in
future become Fulani settlements, later
commmunities and finally local government
areas with elected officials. If you think I
am being alarmist look towards the once
beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of
Plateau. The exact same thing happened in
Jos. Therefore, it will not be farfetched to
conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are
pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in
Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in
Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu, Abeokuta and
other towns where FG creates "grazing
reserves" for Fulani herdsmen! If Yunfa
didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike
immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkins
would be ruling today in the north! And if
Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba
kingdom would not have been ruled by
Alimi's offspring till today! It is a subtle
continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the
fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen
with an age-old agenda to overrun and
Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly. I
will end this with what someone rightly
said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to
solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to
progress the agenda" It's an age-old
political strategy really- ..create a problem,
come up with a "solution" that advances the
cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation. Be as
wise as serpents.... Spread this message for
people to be aware.

Wonderful excellent write up!!
If you are a Southerner/Middle Belt comrade, I can assure you that you will not read wiser words today, than the above post, even if you read 1000 posts on NL. These words are so full of wisdom and so true. Please please read, digest and spread the message.

We southerners are way too naive and arrogant. We look at the Northerner and feel we are better than him with our western education, but ask your self, who has ruled the nation longer? Who owns more oil blocks? Who has ensured that ridiculous policies like Quota System are never removed from our laws? The Northerner is cunning and smart in the game of power, we all need to wake up or as this wise poster said, one day we'll wake up and find ourselves part of the caliphate.

Just to remind you, here are the words of Ahmadu Bello(Words which NO Northern politician has ever repudiated)

“This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.” ---Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in THE PARROT of October 12, 1960

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by hausameat: 3:03pm On May 24, 2016
osesology:
Godsent enosadeba ayodele fayose, you are on point on this one!
Fayose has been on point since he became governor. All his points, suggestions are like pointblank and NOT on this onky only.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Ayostephen1(m): 3:07pm On May 24, 2016
I Wonder If The Same God Created The Fulanis And Other Nigerians. Cus They Talk Like Statues Think Like Idols. They Are Destined To Be Among Animals In The Forest Cus Their Responses To All These Killing Are Crude. If They Have Their Ways They Wl Kill All But Thank God Awareness Dont Dey .Every Body Is Carrying Arms Cus The Time Of I Dey Kill Ur Family U Dey Look Don Past
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Gboliwe: 3:09pm On May 24, 2016
Fayose doesn't have the right? But he has! Go argue and quarrel with your cows.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by busoye19: 3:17pm On May 24, 2016
And the Federal Government has also given you the authority to destroy the host community after grazing on their land??
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 24, 2016
This cattle herders should stop living in the past. We dont see cattle roaming around abroad. Yet they eat a lot of beef. They should purchase a ranch. Also, if u bring your cattle on my land and it eats my grass I deserve to be paid because it is utilizing my resources. But for you to bring cattle on peoples land, destroy their farms and then kill those same people again. Then that person is an animal.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by andyanders: 3:21pm On May 24, 2016
Fayose, I love your person for your blunt decision over the activities of these herdsmen.

One need to understand that a freedom of movement of every Nigerian doesn't include having to move your cattle to be destroying other people's farmland.

Enough is Enough by these herdsmen.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by drololaaof: 3:22pm On May 24, 2016
The way out of the brohaha is 1 To equip ourselves against the fulani maruders 2 To make an alternate arrangement of alternate meat like chicken to boycott cow meat 3 FG to stablish cattle ranch
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by sonnie10: 3:23pm On May 24, 2016
This same uncontrolled grazing caused desert encroachment in the north. The reason is that a tree no matter how big it is, first sprouted as grass/weed then to a shrub and finally a tree. When cattle are allowed to consistently and indiscriminately feed on these plants, sooner or later the area would be barren with no vegetation. This is the case of the north, over the years they have destroyed their region with nomadic grazing.

Who is to be blamed? You can not eat your cake and have it! They have benefited financially from this practice however, it is now dawn on them that such is not sustainable. The wise would always learn from others' mistakes, thus is would amount to foolishness if the South allows such mistake.

The South has it own share of environmental problems. Therefore the last thing they would consent to is for the north to compound the situation. From oil spills in the SS to erosion in some areas in the SE, these are current issues that need urgent attention. Grazing in the south is counter productive because the most natural method of controlling erosion is by planting grasses along new erosion path.

The best the government can do is to encourage ranching for Fulani herdsmen as there are no free lunch anywhere in the South.
Re: Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen by Olushauneddy(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2016
Even if Buhari is found among his kinsmen practising cattle grassing in Ekiti state..I believe it's gonna be Fayose himself that will gun him down.

There's nothing anybody can do about the order he's giving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdusalami Abubakar Meets With President Tinubu In Aso Rock / Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT / Prophet Reveals Prophecies For President Jonathan (watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.