Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:51 PM

Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes (662 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes by Belkid01(m): 1:27pm On May 24, 2016
Could the sudden shortage of tomatoes in the market, be as a result of Dangote's new tomato factory which started operation in kano last year? Please what's your take on these unfortunate event that has be-deviled our pleasurable Rice and Stew..??
Re: Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes by Belkid01(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2016
In September 2015 as i journeyed to Kano, I very much observed that majority of the local tomato farmers brought their wares to Dangote's newly operational tomato factory for sell. I observed hundreds of basket of tomatoes piled up close to the factory. With the present condition of fresh tomatoes in market, I only but wonder if Dangote's tomato factory is one of the proponent causing or that caused the present shortage of fresh tomato in the market.
Re: Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes by delpee(f): 8:13pm On May 24, 2016
We've been informed that the tomato farms were attacked by some pests which ruined the farms. Sorry I don't have the link but I think there's a similar report on LIB. (Linda's blog)

It's the reason why Dangotes factory has been temporarily shut down. No tomatoes for processing!
Re: Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes by fm7070: 3:30pm On May 28, 2016
No farmer wants to suffer before selling their produce.
Once they find a sure buyer who offers competitive price, they will surely flood such buyer
Dangote tomato factory is a major factor to reckon with by tomato farmer
This is a wake up call for all the farmers in south west and east.
We want more factory to absorb what the farmers are producing so as to encourage mechanise farming.

1 Like

Re: Could Dangote's Tomato Factory Be The Cause Of Shortage Of Tomatoes by Belkid01(m): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
delpee:
We've been informed that the tomato farms were attacked by some pests which ruined the farms. Sorry I don't have the link but I think there's a similar report on LIB. (Linda's blog)

It's the reason why Dangotes factory has been temporarily shut down. No tomatoes for processing!
tnx dear... I later got the info on channels news.... Buh I also fink Dangot's factory was a major contributor...

(1) (Reply)

>>>ground Nut(peanut) Available For Sale<<< / Onions Supply / Urgent Sale : Over 30 Acres Of Farmland @ Abeokuta For 150k/acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.