Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Should The High Rate In Divorce Be Blamed On Religious Leaders? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The High Rate In Divorce Be Blamed On Religious Leaders? (399 Views)

How To Handle An Over Emotional Person On Religious Section When Debating / Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should The High Rate In Divorce Be Blamed On Religious Leaders? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 24, 2016
The high rate in Divorce has gone higher than petrol price in Nigeria. One can't help but wonder what are the leading causes.

Before one gets married in Nigeria if you to go through some months of counseling, during this period you are groomed and taught how to keep your home in a Godly manner and respect your partner this same counsellors decide whether you and your partner are fit for marriage.

Don't these so called "counsellors" read body languages and decide not to allow such partners but instead go ahead to have a deaf ear to such situations since it doesn't affect them in anyway.

Some of the couples even start having problems before their wedding day and the religious leaders are aware of this but still go ahead to wed them.

My question now is are they to be blamed for divorce rates in Nigeria? And what measures can be put in place to prevent this Disease called divorce.
Re: Should The High Rate In Divorce Be Blamed On Religious Leaders? by olatunjithomas(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2016
Maxineng:
The high rate in Divorce has gone higher than petrol price in Nigeria. One can't help but wonder what are the leading causes.

Before one gets married in Nigeria if you to go through some months of counseling, during this period you are groomed and taught how to keep your home in a Godly manner and respect your partner this same counsellors decide whether you and your partner are fit for marriage.

Don't these so called "counsellors" read body languages and decide not to allow such partners but instead go ahead to have a deaf ear to such situations since it doesn't affect them in anyway.

Some of the couples even start having problems before their wedding day and the religious leaders are aware of this but still go ahead to wed them.

My question now is are they to be blamed for divorce rates in Nigeria? And what measures can be put in place to prevent this Disease called divorce.

A very good morning to boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but you have to help me now.

The Mr nairaland contest is on,as a matter of fact,today is going to be the semi finals and I need you to help me vote Falconey. I am writing you because I am trusting You.

the link to the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final

the voting is on NOW sir and it closes at 6pm

the voting format is "" I vote falconey Cc; NLjega"

Thanks so much Boss.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Amazing! (and I Can Prove It) / Christian Living: Standing Tall In The End Time / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 11/06/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.