Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready (44647 Views)

Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos / Okorocha To Receive First "Imo Air" Aircraft Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by iPrevail(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2016
Nothing changes. Africans, Nigerians will ALWAYS celebrate mediocrity. None of these senile chimps you vote into office gat anythang creative to offer. All they do is use gullible fvckers like y'all to attain power and rule like y'all is some fvckin slaves.. throw some "measly crumbs" at y'all and y'all fvckin celebrate and sing praise songs to em papa chimps. pathetic! angry

2 Likes

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by dmanandre(m): 9:42pm On May 24, 2016
A Pdp project he castigated and meanwhile IMSU has been on strike for over 3 months now

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by ENDTIMELIFE: 9:42pm On May 24, 2016
Movic1 : Can they complete this dirty road below the flyover before May 29th Oh cheesy the road isn't among the project i guess! Welcome to the league of Fly Over States

Thank you my brother you are the only person here that made a big point. the road that lead to the so called fly over is nothing to write home about, Come to Owerri you will pity them, bad bad roads everywhere. ROCHAS IS A CORRUPT CRIMINAL

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by geniusgenes: 9:44pm On May 24, 2016
d33types:

i think those aren't cement blocks,it's just the design..
even if they are, that section of the flyover (the exterior) is non weight bearing hence is permissible.

you guys ranting here had better ask an architect or civil engineer..there are good engineers in naija.
undecided
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by nkemdi89(f): 9:46pm On May 24, 2016
The bridge is solid, thanks to NDDC,ikedi ohakim( ochinawanta) and lastly rochas for abandoning the project for over four years, it decongest control and okigwe road, through mechanic village to onithsha road, he is also building inland roads.
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by faites(f): 9:49pm On May 24, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
IS THIS A FLY OVER OR A WALK OVER

Good question
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by butterflyeffect4(m): 9:50pm On May 24, 2016
scarr:
As usual let us celebrate Sub Standard Crap by saying................

Atleast He tried angry angry angry angry
that bridge was built by a reputable structural engineer by name Dr. Owus. he is a fine scholar which I am glad I went thru his tutorage.
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by faites(f): 9:52pm On May 24, 2016
RichDad1:
Okorocha the actualizer. cheesy cheesy
Long live APC
Kudos

Achike and his PDP goons will be too ashamed to walk the street of Owerri now.

Who is this one. Abeg shift
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by seanwilliam(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2016
this is one of the reasons y southwest is naturally ahead
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by aresa: 9:56pm On May 24, 2016
Funny how these ipob wanting jokers hate each other so much.

Flyover in Anambra is a good thing, but flyover in Imo is a bad thing. This is how sad and pathetic and how much they hate each other.

At least we know your anger, bad bele and bitterness is not limited to Yoruba people, you even hate yourselves too..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by spencekat(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2016
Chuksaluta:
There is an existing flyover in FUTO, so this can't be the first.
That one is a bridge.
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:01pm On May 24, 2016
Dollyak:
Honestly, by looking at the location of the bridge I can only conclude it is a waste of scarce money. This guy's head is empty for real. What's the point? Not even beautiful to justify aesthetic reasons
N ur own is full ba? Y didnt Achike odenwa & Ohakim build such? I pity d backwardness of d east oooo
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by kingstylo01(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
COMPAQ:

That must be Barcelona
correct!
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
kingstylo01:
meanwhile, somewhere in Spain cool
Where is this?
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Austinio: 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
chrismavis:
Governor Owelle Rochas promised ndi Imo that before 29th May 2016 that the first Owerri Flyover will be 100% ready.

Seeing is believing

#OwelleMereYa
Flyover started by Ohakim not ROCHAS.
Your picture is lying; where are d container's supporting d Flyover

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by kingstylo01(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2016
NonFarmPayrol:

wow which country?
Spain
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by kingstylo01(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
where/what were those?
Spain
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by youngmarshal: 10:15pm On May 24, 2016
Make I yarn una d truth, no b him tidy that flyover ooh! I live in owerri and as a matter of fact in amawire orji exactly where the flyover was built! That flyover was strtd and finishd by ikedi ohakim! He just sayin hez d one that built it cux it was completed during his government!

3 Likes

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by kingstylo01(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
Where is this?
Barcelona
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by engrchykae(m): 10:30pm On May 24, 2016
Nwaoguta:
you mean the flyover that was built with 6 inches hand mold block? okorocha and his family should test it first.
why i love this forum is that there always someone who can speak ur mind.
U just did

2 Likes

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Nely77(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2016
chrismavis:
Governor Owelle Rochas promised ndi Imo that before 29th May 2016 that the first Owerri Flyover will be 100% ready.

Seeing is believing

#OwelleMereYa
Praise singer please say what you know very well. The flyovers in Owerri were the work of Ohakim. They were the projects Ohakim started and had done to an extent before he lost to Rochas. These flyovers had been awarded and work had gone far on them before Rochas took over. I remember asking my people in Owerri then why Rochas abandoned them in his first tenure. He only halted work on them in his first tenure so that he would resume work on them in this second tenure to take the glory.

3 Likes

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:32pm On May 24, 2016
kingstylo01:
Spain
which town please? I love the plan
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Nely77(m): 10:39pm On May 24, 2016
youngmarshal:
Make I yarn una d truth, no b him tidy that flyover ooh! I live in owerri and as a matter of fact in amawire orji exactly where the flyover was built! That flyover was strtd and finishd by ikedi ohakim! He just sayin hez d one that built it cux it was completed during his government!
Exactly on point. See my comment above. Rochas is a scam. He tricks people at will. He halted work on these bridges in his first tenure because the tenure was close to Ohakim's that owns the project. He felt that by the time the project is completed late in his second tenure, people would not remember that it was Ohakim's.

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Armstrong34(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2016
fly over for dry land again......white elephant project

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Uzosaint(m): 10:57pm On May 24, 2016
Probably started by his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by kingstylo01(m): 11:37pm On May 24, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
which town please? I love the plan
Barcelona
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by mandax: 11:38pm On May 24, 2016
Chiwude:
Yeah the Orlu road flyover is still under construction. The completed one is located at Okigwe road. The two flyovers are part of a long stretch dual carriage way connecting inner Owerri (Aladinma, Egbu road and Ugwu-Orji) with Onitsha expressway section of Egbeada (new Owerri).
I think the project was initiated by Ohakim and completed by Rochas. However, my only fear is that the flyover is of substandard quality. You don't give local engineers such kind of gigantic project to construct.

Yeah Owerrians now the enjoy flyovers; flyovers where roundabouts or even traffic lights could have been constructed, and money saved.

In the same Imo state - Orlu to be precise, What this govt did was dig this menacing hole at the centre of Orlu for rain floods, instead of completing a 800 meter gutters that link to a valley for urban drainage system started by former Gov. Ikwechegh

Money used to build about half of one lane for one of these Owerri flyovers could be enough to complete the gutter in Orlu.

This St Joseph's Catholic Church at the centre of Orlu risks collapse (God forbid, with hundreds of worshipers inside), because the grounds surrounding the entire church are all wet from rain floods. The floods worsened since earth was moved around the area by present state govt; the road it moved the earth for was not completed.

Rochas Okorocha got the highest number of votes in Orlu Urban Lga, more than in any other Lga in Imo state.

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Abagworo(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2016
chrismavis:

Seeing is believing

#OwelleMereYa

This doesn't look 100% ready to me. I commend Okorocha for getting to this stage in record 8 months but it should be completed before year end.

Completion means finishing the roads around it with attendant greenery and road markings.
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by mandax: 11:45pm On May 24, 2016
In the same Orlu urban Lga, this only road to the state's university teaching hospital has remained like this in the past four years. All pleas to gov. Okorocha, including demonstrations by IMSUTH students to have the road repaired fell on deaf ears.

1 Like

Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by smileysmiley(f): 12:13am On May 25, 2016
zuchyblink:
I drove through there a couple of hours ago
you drove through the flyover oga why you dey lie, the place is still blocked
Re: First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready by Bullet1234(m): 12:14am On May 25, 2016
Chai!!! The money wey una dey chop God is watching ohhhhhh! This one name short people fly over a bi name wetin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Buying Soup Ingredients In The Market / Ned Nwoko: I Was Supposed To Be Aboard Missing Titan Sub / PMB And Deputy Prime Minister Of UAE (Hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.