Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! (28380 Views)

'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Fire - NEMA / Video Of The Oba Of Lagos Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 25, 2016
WiseBully:

Ovbiedo kpataki... cheesy cheesy
cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ogmask: 12:52pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Was the Oba suspended or not?

The suspension only affected his salaries and allowances. Nothing else. He was still the Oba to his pple. The point Here is no power can remove the Oba except in death. The binis resisted an imposition by the British which would have distorted the tradition.
The suspension of the Oba or otherwise is irrelevant to the bini tradition. Political suspension affects only political grants and recognition, the tradition stands.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by hensben(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

kip living in a fool paradise. In benin ur king is apointed by d gov, givin staff of ofice by d gov, his salaries and allowance pay by state govt and can be removed by the gov
Oba of Bini can't be appointed by government but approved and can't be removed by government. Ignorance is just a disease you've to be cure of.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Jesusloveyou: 1:05pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

let ur king steal money he wl be sent to jail and let that ur king kill human being publicly he shal be ' executed' then you wl knw that he is ORDINARY human being and not gods as u belif
why wil he steal? steal from who? he owns everything in his kingdom, that is why bini monarch is really a first class monarch in the world, becos he does not have time to beat his wife like deji of akure, and that is why nobody can dethrone him,

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2016
ogmask:

The suspension only affected his salaries and allowances. Nothing else. He was still the Oba to his pple. The point Here is no power can remove the Oba except in death. The binis resisted an imposition by the British which would have distorted the tradition.
The suspension of the Oba or otherwise is irrelevant to the bini tradition. Political suspension affects only political grants and recognition, the tradition stands.
What else is done to a person that is suspended? You need to get out of your shell of ignorance. For the period of the suspension, did he carry out his function as the Chairman of Edo Council of Traditional Rulers?
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
why wil he steal? steal from who? he owns everything in his kingdom, that is why bini monarch is really a first class monarch in the world, becos he does not have time to beat his wife like deji of akure, and that is why nobody can dethrone him,
The Oba owns everything in kingdom? Tell me if Bini people are still compelled in today's Nigeria to pay some money (called isakole in Yorubaland) to the Oba? Who issues Certificate of Occupancy, the Oba or the Governor?
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
a man can insult God, but that wil not reduce God, it wil only reduce the man, the same man that insult oba by suspending him also beg for forgiveness for the insult
It's not my business what happened to the man who suspended the Oba, but if he acted within his power.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2016
shala01:

If you call stopping federal government payment than you are right. No body can ask the oba to leave his throne. Is not like the sultan of sokoto or emir of kano that can be disposed.
Write in simple and correct English for me to decipher what you are saying.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OlaoChi: 1:27pm On May 25, 2016
iAmCharis:
I might be wrong with this though but there were rumours that the Oba of Lagos was appointed by Tinubu. Apart from that, the Ooni of Ife also had some political undertone to it.

Yoruba kings aren't hereditary, hence the political undertone.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand, on Bini monarchy it's impossible for even the Bini chiefs to decide who succeeds the reigning Oba but the king makers in Yoruba kingdoms are the authourity on who becomes the next king, this makes it possible for the selection of an Oba designate to be influenced by politicians and other powerful individuals but the king makers have the final say. . in the selection, directives should come from Ifa not Politicians
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OlaoChi: 1:34pm On May 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
and they install ur father as king, that is why i said, they tried but could not suceed to appoint someone else as king
I don't like fellas like this that want to waste my time

please this is your post

Jesusloveyou:
that is the point, any throne that is subject to constitution can be dethrone, when the ruling house play politics before getting the throne. in benin kingdom nobody, not even presido can dethrone our king, even britain try it, they fail

now you are saying another thing when I showed you that Oba can be dethroned as the British did to Ovonramwen
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by erico2k2(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2016
Guys we should all stop arguing. The government had issued a statement to this effect and that it was an error. So you lot supporting the stands of the government appointing an Oba lost the argument.
That never happened
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by pedrilo: 1:49pm On May 25, 2016
mhiz:

If ure from Edo and u see nothing great about it, then ure a disgrace and shame to your kingdom. Go and study and see how great and rich the Bini culture is.
wat is great about a kingdom wit youth unemployment at 90%, dilapidated infrastructure, girl child trafficking and prostitution, armed robbery and cultism, tribalism and nepotism and more? u r nothing but a slave to the oba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ogmask: 1:56pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What else is done to a person that is suspended? You need to get out of your shell of ignorance. For the period of the suspension, did he carry out his function as the Chairman of Edo Council of Traditional Rulers?

You are the ignorant one here. Did the suspension affect his core traditional duties to his pple? Why delve into matters u know nothing about.
He was suspend by a political office holder from a political position and not from his traditional position. The crux of the matter is the traditional stool. The Oba of Benin is not like your own king who ascends the throne based on other trivial calculations.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Jesusloveyou: 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

The Oba owns everything in kingdom? Tell me if Bini people are still compelled in today's Nigeria to pay some money (called isakole in Yorubaland) to the Oba? Who issues Certificate of Occupancy, the Oba or theGovernor?
even if the govt stop paying him salary, that cannot stil reduce the oba, or did u think the oba depend on 5m naira?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:59pm On May 25, 2016
ogmask:

You are the ignorant one here. Did the suspension affect his core traditional duties to his pple? Why delve into matters u know nothing about.
He was suspend by a political office holder from a political position and not from his traditional position. The crux of the matter is the traditional stool. The Oba of Benin is not like your own king who ascends the throne based on other trivial calculations.
The Oba was suspended. Deal with that and stop spaming my mentions.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:01pm On May 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
even if the govt stop paying him salary, that cannot stil reduce the oba, or did u think the oba depend on 5m naira?
I don't have the time to join you in rigmaroling in ignorance of understanding of simple English.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Max24: 2:20pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

pls stop dsplayin ur ignorant. This is public forum. The staff of ofice giving to kings did u knw d mini? If u dnt let me tel u. D staf is a symbol of authority gving to obas to function on behave of executive gov. 2 d u knw govt headed by gov pay king salary. So who is boss btw d giver and d recever
Mr- gov-can- do- anything-in- state, have you read the new press release by Edo govt that they have retracted the first press release? They admitted it was in error. Thank God some people called Oshiomole to his order. Pls let's always use our education positively. And you were here mis-interpreting the constitution. Taking us back to the colonial days. Making Oshiomole look like a colonial overlord. Even the constitution recognise the role of the kingmakers. Maybe one day your state governor will appoint your wife for you and you cannot reject...after all,according to you, he is the boss of your state. Pls stop portraying these govs as the peoples boss... they are supposed to be our servants. That is why they are called public servants and not public boss. That's why we must dictate to them and not vice versa... this is the whole philosophy of the constitution... by the people and not by the gov. The gov only carries out the whishes of the people and not the other way.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ojuu4u(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2016
[quote author=Max24 post=45957271]
Mr- gov-can- do- anything-in- state, have you read the new press release by Edo govt that they have retracted the first press release? They admitted it was in error. Thank God some people called Oshiomole to his order. Pls let's always use our education positively. And you were here mis-interpreting the constitution. Taking us back to the colonial days. Making Oshiomole look like a colonial overlord. Even the constitution recognise the role of the kingmakers. Maybe one day your state governor will appoint your wife for you and you cannot reject...after all,according to you, he is the boss of your state.

kip leaving in fool paradise, he withdrew leta of apointment and plan to isue leta of instalatiön. Oga pls tel me d difrent. D two words ar same just to satifyin ignorant people like u that ful benin kingdom. Apointment, instalation, selectiön or made. Sitting gov is superior and boss of any king in that state. Benin had neva be excluded and she wl neva be an exception
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by straight2point(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You've just spoken my mind. Most youths of today are too ignorant of our laws. They've access to information with the internet but have chosen to remain ignorant. The power of approval of a new monarch lies with the governor. In the last two years we saw this in Osun State, when the Governor approved the appointment of a new Ooni. The Governor of Kano State also did the same for the Emir of Kano.
I am not going to argue with any one of you. What you should know is that, there are grave consequences if the tradition is broken. They don't fight for land in eshan uromi edo state where i come from. It automatically goes to the first son. If you dare pluck a mango on that land without the approval of the owner (first son) you will be striked by an unseen forces. A number of death has been recorded. No charm was placed on that land, it automatically takes effect once the father is late. So same goes to our Oba of Bénin. You can never talk about appointing him. Death await whoever dares it. Benin Kingdom is not hausa or yoruba land. Are you aware that a woman who reserved some money out of the money she sold from her husbands kolanut farm died as a result of such action? Yes, she died. Don't dare joke with the edo culture. Anything can happen right here while you type thrash on Nairaland. It's not a threat. Just some fact i thought you should know. As for the ladies, better don't marry an edo man if you know u are under curse to share it around.... Cos you will run mad and there will be no cure. The list are end less.
Oshiomole would not even dare it. That was the work of an overzealous errand boy.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 25, 2016
pedrilo:
wat is great about a kingdom wit youth unemployment at 90%, dilapidated infrastructure, girl child trafficking and prostitution, armed robbery and cultism, tribalism and nepotism and more? u r nothing but a slave to the oba.
Show me a place in Nigeria where all those thing you mentioned are not. At least we have a rich cultural heritage which is more than other states have. Save me your hogwash Abeg, I'm from Edo state and I'm a proud Bini girl. Deal with it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by freemanbubble: 4:39pm On May 25, 2016
lukaino:
Do they know that the king gets paid a salary by the governor?
the salary comes from the federation not the governor. the money is ten million
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by GhaliNaaba(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2016
lukaino:
Do they know that the king gets paid a salary by the governor?
they are mumu.
They are not even aware that a governor can dethrone Oba of Benin and nothing go happen.
The governor is oga for Oba of Benin as hr who pay piper dictate the tune.
Ignorant people boku for that Benin sha.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by pedrilo: 4:56pm On May 25, 2016
mhiz:

Show me a place in Nigeria where all those thing you mentioned are not. At least we have a rich cultural heritage which is more than other states have. Save me your hogwash Abeg, I'm from Edo state and I'm a proud Bini girl. Deal with it.
d way I go take cover ur face wit my back hand if u contemplate rudeness wit me enn, u no go bliv o
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Kanyekels(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

is benin not part of nigeria? Unfortunately, u ar victim of what u quoted. U lack basic comprehension of consitiution. Let me tel u bitter truth. A sitting governor is the boss of all kings in his state. Benin kingdom inclusive

I think you are the victim here. A governor can only approve so go and get your facts right before ranting.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 25, 2016
pedrilo:
d way I go take cover ur face wit my back hand if u contemplate rudeness wit me enn, u no go bliv o
I don't see how I was rude, if u feel I was sorry sha. #proudbinigirl#
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ojuu4u(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2016
Kanyekels:

I think you are the victim here. A governor can only approve so go and get your facts right before ranting.

. Read what u postd again. Some1 who aproves ur request who is he to u? If such person refuses to approve ur request wil u ocuppy or get that position. Anybody that approves things b4 its achievable is ur oga. So many educated illiterates on socia media
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ojuu4u(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2016
Kanyekels:

Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Kanyekels(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

. Read what u postd again. Some1 who aproves ur request who is he to u? If such person refuses to approve ur request wil u ocuppy or get that position. Anybody that approves things b4 its achievable is ur oga. So many educated illiterates on socia media

Really? The governor approving it is just ceremonial and it holds no water or of any significance in bini Kingdom fool. How can you be arguing abt someone custom when you are not from bini.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Kanyekels(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

Really? The governor approving it is just ceremonial and it holds no water or of any significance in bini Kingdom fool. How can you be arguing abt someone custom when you are not from bini. I tire for your reasoning oo. I pity your parents shaa.
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by ojuu4u(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2016
Kanyekels:

anybody who aproves request who is he to u? If such person refuses to aprove ur request what wil happn to ur plan? So many "educated illitrates" in nigeria. Law is no respectal of anybody. Take it or leave it
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by Kanyekels(m): 6:17pm On May 25, 2016
ojuu4u:

anybody who aproves request who is he to u? If such person refuses to aprove ur request what wil happn to ur plan? So many "educated illitrates" in nigeria. Law is no respectal of anybody. Take it or leave it

Respectal? undecided
ojuu4u:

Respectal?
You are really educated
Re: Oshiomhole Can Never Appoint The Oba Of Benin, Edo Youths Scream Out!!! by eightsin(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerian government need to do a lot of sensitisation of it people, this mass ignorance is getting too much

They don't know the governor can appoint any body as oba of Benin and nothing will happen? ?

Read they won't

Did I read nothing will happen? You make me laugh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Are The Akoko Of Northern Ondo State? / Does Our Generation Still Care About Marrying Virgins ?? / African Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.