Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (295 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 5:04am On May 25, 2016
Wednesday, May 25

Vessels Of God’s Grace (II)

1 Corinthians 12:27; Romans 12:4-5

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." When the Lord Jesus walked the face of the earth, He was the only body of Christ that there was. Colossians 1:19 tells us that it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell. John 1:14 tells us that He was full of grace and truth; anyone who wanted to make contact with God had to get to the man Jesus. After He was raised from the dead, He made it possible for others to become a part of His body. 1 Corinthians 12:13 tells us "for by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."" Now everyone who puts faith in Christ becomes baptized into His body; therefore becoming a member of His body. This is what today’s opening Scripture shows us; that we are members of Christ’s body, therefore we have become extensions of Him, of His power, of His love, of His mercy and grace. We have become depositories of God’s power on the earth. We have become the vessels of God’s power on the earth. This is in two folds: firstly, through the preaching of the Gospel. Romans 1:16 tells us that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, and we know that the Lord Jesus has committed the preaching of this Gospel to the Church’s care (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15), making the Church the custodian of the Gospel. Since the Church is the custodian of the Gospel, which is the power of God unto salvation, then it means that the Church is the custodian of God’s saving power on the earth. 

Other Scriptures for Meditation: 1 Timothy 3:15; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
I declare in the Name of Jesus, that I am an extension of Christ Jesus because I am a member of His body. The glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ has been committed to me, and I do not keep it to myself; I preach it to the ends of the earth. Amen

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje / Preach The Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.