Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? (2476 Views)

"It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder / The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 7:20am On May 25, 2016
Glo is the worst network in Nigeria. Their services are terrible and frustrating. What is the essence of priding themselves as the largest data network while their data network is as slow as a snail? sad Glo keep churning out attractive data plans instead of working on their terribly slow Fibre optic cable powered network. what is the essence of those huge gigabyte data allocation when one can hardly exhaust 1Gb due to Glo's terrible network? Most times when you browse or download on Glo the H+ logo on your phone disappears only to return after some seconds hereby interrupting your work. The useless network is the only network that stops working once there is a heavy rainfall. The Glo service will disappear on the phone for hours or a whole day sometimes. Their customer service is the most frustrating of all. They hardly resolve complaints. All they know is restart your phone or we will forward your complaints to the necessary department angry Glo has really frustrated my life but I chose to remain with them due to patriotism. I urge everyone reading this to boycott Glo for 48hrs in protest and let's see if they will work on their slow network.

The above is my personal experience and opinion using Glo. Please share your frustrating experiences with globacom

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44 pls kindly move this to FP so their management can be aware of our complaints.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by TPAND(f): 7:51am On May 25, 2016
MTN sponsored article.... Take Note

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 25, 2016
TPAND:

Dude Glo is actually
not tha good. They need to work on their download speed too. And its better they heed to these complaints before they end up like Airtel

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by iamlammy(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2016
TPAND:

Its nt a sponsored article..Glo network is do bad and frustrating.i had to dump the sim even tho i had data on it wen d network is so poor

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 25, 2016
TPAND:

I do not work with mtn. The truth must be told so glo can sit tight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by DamiG(f): 8:23am On May 25, 2016
TPAND:
It's the bitter truth.glo is the goddamn slowest network on earth!!! At first i ported to their network due to affordable data prices but their snail like speed chased me away,at times i could spend up to 30mins downloading a 8mb fileangry Many times the signal dissapeared for hours.Their poor speed frustrated me for 3 months embarassed

Nowadays my glo sim is only used for calling and texting sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 25, 2016
DamiG:

It's the bitter truth.glo is the goddamn slowest network on earth!!! At first i ported to their network due to affordable data prices but their snail like speed chased me away,at times i could spend up to 30mins downloading a 8mb fileangry Many times the signal dissapeared for hours.Their poor speed frustrated me for 3 months embarassed

Nowadays my glo sim is only used for calling and texting sad

The guy must be a glo staff trying to defend the indefensible. I am going back to mtn or Etisalat and I advise you to do the same

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by DamiG(f): 8:41am On May 25, 2016
mrkayusfit:

The guy must be a glo staff trying to defend the indefensible. I am going back to mtn or Etisalat and I advise you to do the same
I don port to etisalat since cool

3 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Efisko1(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2016
Dia network is so bad,gosh!!!!
If dey dare create a thread on Nairaland, grin
Dey will regret ever doing....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by SHOLATEMI: 9:02am On May 25, 2016
Glo is d worst ntwk in dis country,imagine aving a data on my phone and could not use it to browse and i called dia cc to complain more than 5 times but all i could get as response was to restart frm phone. Am finally done wit Glo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:10am On May 25, 2016
Does glo ntwk still exist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by mjames: 9:11am On May 25, 2016
GLOBASNAIL YEYE NETWORK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by charlesm91(m): 9:12am On May 25, 2016
The worst is seeing hspa+ on your 3g enabled phone but getting speeds as slow as snail. That's scam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 9:19am On May 25, 2016
charlesm91:
The worst is seeing hspa+ on your 3g enabled phone but getting speeds as slow as snail. That's scam!

The only strategy they use in winning customers is by allowing their BlackBerry plan to work on Android unlike other networks. Many people went for their cheap option but they lost focus by not improving their network as their subscribers grew. I bought 1.5Gb from glo and I regret. Can't even stream simple 3minutes video. Useless network. All they know is to sign myriads of celebrities to advertise their quack services sad
Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by samsam2019: 9:27am On May 25, 2016
Even as I am related to the CEO I had no other choice than to dump the sim.

The last time I subbed on the sim I let over 3 gig waste away because the network was starting to affect my brain.

I would send ordinary ping or WhatsApp message and it would take over 10 minutes to deliver.

It came to a time I even thought my phone had problem when network will just disappear.

The truth is, Glo need to shut down for a while to sort their problems.....it's really embarrassing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by David0(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2016
I hate to be part of dis but mehn I am really frustrated and considering a port to probably Etisalat.

I've bn using only my glo line for over 10yrs, d same sim card. I haven't changed d sim since I got it over 10yrs ago.

The way it's looking now, I may have to port eventually, cos of d slow network.

Tho dey claimed dey hv issues wt d 3g, dat we shud use d 2g for now. But even d 2g sef na problem.

But one thing I discovered is dat, from 12am to 6am, d network becomes extremely fast, as soon as it's few minutes past 6am it goes back to default slow speed.

I didn't subscribe to night browsing o. Na normal subscription I do, but glo expect me to stay up all night b4 I can chat wt friends who are already sleeping.

Hmmm...

4 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 10:02am On May 25, 2016
David0:
I hate to be part of dis but mehn I am really frustrated and considering a port to probably Etisalat.

I've bn using only my glo line for over 10yrs, d same sim card. I haven't changed d sim since I got it over 10yrs ago.

The way it's looking now, I may have to port eventually, cos of d slow network.

Tho dey claimed dey hv issues wt d 3g, dat we shud use d 2g for now. But even d 2g sef na problem.

But one thing I discovered is dat, from 12am to 6am, d network becomes extremely fast, as soon as it's few minutes past 6am it goes back to default slow speed.

I didn't subscribe to night browsing o. Na normal subscription I do, but glo expect me to stay up all night b4 I can chat wt friends who are already sleeping.

Hmmm...

The problem is that they failed to expand their data infrastructure as their data customers increase. It will be slow during the day due to massive usage and faster at night due to low usage. I hate glo like mad now
Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 25, 2016
samsam2019:
Even as I am related to the CEO I had no other choice than to dump the sim.

The last time I subbed on the sim I let over 3 gig waste away because the network was starting to affect my brain.

I would send ordinary ping or WhatsApp message and it would take over 10 minutes to deliver.

It came to a time I even thought my phone had problem when network will just disappear.

The truth is, Glo need to shut down for a while to sort their problems.....it's really embarrassing

Since u are related to the ceo why not try to make them aware of their crappy network and services? You might save them from other competitors

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by sobastical: 10:33am On May 25, 2016
All I just need now is a small Nokia phone and am done with Glo. And to make the matter worst the data allocation we get here is peanuts compared to what Ghana is getting and it's even cheaper there and we that are their homeboy gets scrap for data and worst voice and data service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 25, 2016
There was sometime late last year and early this year i decided to patronize them for all my calls and data.

Once i load their weekly plan and use it for 2 or 3 days, it stops working yet the data is still remaining because they usually announce by text when you have exhausted 80% of ones data. I will reload and subscribe again, 2 days its off.

Their rate of dropped calls is over 60%. I call and my receiver picks and i wont be hearing anything.

I tried them for 8 weeks and left them. To me, they are useless. Very useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by mu2sa2: 10:48am On May 25, 2016
I thought I was the only one whose glo line only connects to the internet around midnight to 6am but doesn't from about 6am to midnight when i'm not on a night plan. Now I know it is a big network issue glo has failed to resolve so far. From my experience etisalat is the best network for browsing, by far ahead of glo, mtn or airtel.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by chudyprince: 10:55am On May 25, 2016
Ever since I ported to Etisalat, I've never looked back grin

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 25, 2016

See it is not by force op. If you don't want to use glo, then port to any other network. They didn't force you to use their network. And stop inciting riot/protest or fight. And any mod that moves to fp lacks understanding and want to incite riot or protest too. Please mods CLOSE THIS THREAD

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by engrhorla(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2016
CHESTER48:

See it is not by force op. If you don't want to use glo, then port to any other network. They didn't force you to use their network. And stop inciting riot/protest or fight. And any mod that moves to fp lacks understanding and want to incite riot or protest too. Please mods CLOSE THIS THREAD

Ahn ahn!

So le to yen ni?

Where is d freedom of information again?

Abi glo don pay u ni?

Opolo eye no be open eye o

Dey ur lane abeg! Osiso!

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 11:42am On May 25, 2016
CHESTER48:

Mr glo ambassador, sorry I hit a nerve but won't I exhaust my snail speed data before porting to other network? U talk like a lay man. Why do u rant on politics section about APC government policies when u can simply port to another country? I am a glo customer and I have the right to protest when I feel cheated. That way my voice will be heard

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Glo is the worst network in Nigeria. Their services are terrible and frustrating. What is the essence of priding themselves as the largest data network while their data network is as slow as a snail? sad Glo keep churning out attractive data plans instead of working on their terribly slow Fibre optic cable powered network. what is the essence of those huge gigabyte data allocation when one can hardly exhaust 1Gb due to Glo's terrible network? Most times when you browse or download on Glo the H+ logo on your phone disappears only to return after some seconds hereby interrupting your work. The useless network is the only network that stops working once there is a heavy rainfall. The Glo service will disappear on the phone for hours or a whole day sometimes. Their customer service is the most frustrating of all. They hardly resolve complaints. All they know is restart your phone or we will forward your complaints to the necessary department angry Glo has really frustrated my life but I chose to remain with them due to patriotism. I urge everyone reading this to boycott Glo for 48hrs in protest and let's see if they will work on their slow network.

The above is my personal experience and opinion using Glo. Please share your frustrating experiences with globacom

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44 pls kindly move this to FP so their management can be aware of our complaints.
GLO is fast here so change location

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by emmasege: 12:16pm On May 25, 2016
TPAND:
Noooo. I'm actually experiencing the same thing. I'm switching over to MTN. Thank God it's a competitive market.

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 25, 2016
In this day, age and century glo is still giving their customers EDGE when other networks are rolling out 4G services. and my phone is set to HSDPA but yet GLO is giving me EDGE. I can't just wait for my subscription to expire so that I throw their useless sim card in the next available dustbin I see. They lure customers with cheap data plans but give poor service delivery.
#Never Again shall I use GLO in my lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
dumo1:
In this day, age and century glo is still giving their customers EDGE when other networks are rolling out 4G services. and my phone is set to HSDPA but yet GLO is giving me EDGE. I can't just wait for my subscription to expire so that I throw their useless sim card in the next available dustbin I see. They lure customers with cheap data plans but give poor service delivery.
#Never Again shall I use GLO in my lifetime.

Gbam. They only have quantity not quality. This is why they are crashing data market cos they know they can't compete in terms of speed and efficiency

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by sammyclassics(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2016
I don't think that happens everywhere especially in campus area... I enjoy glo when I use it to browse.
Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 25, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Since u are related to the ceo why not try to make them aware of their crappy network and services? You might save them from other competitors
I purchased glo bolt modem for my laptop, i subscribed for 1GB
After its installation, i tapped my default brower, type in bbc.co.uk, i waited for a hundred years in utter silence for this page to open. i tried same website from my mobile, enabled by another network, bam it opened in a jiffy.
For over a week nothing. i took it to their office, they said it might be my location or my system
I said okay, i took out a modem of another network, hit the browser, pages came tumbling down, that absolve my system.
i inserted their bolt, hit the browser, for a thousand years we waited. this was in 2014.
They reverted to network congestion, up till today glo internet network is still congested.
Fact. Chief Adenuga is using glo network to scam Nigerians and laundry questionable.funds

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians is It Time To Boycott Globacom Network?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 25, 2016
indigene:

I purchased glo bolt modem for my laptop, i subscribed for 1GB
After its installation, i tapped my default brower, type in bbc.co.uk, i waited for a hundred years in utter silence for this page to open. i tried same website from my mobile, enabled by another network, bam it opened in a jiffy.
For over a week nothing. i took it to their office, they said it might be my location or my system
I said okay, i took out a modem of another network, hit the browser, pages came tumbling down, that absolve my system.
i inserted their bolt, hit the browser, for a thousand years we waited. this was in 2014.
They reverted to network congestion, up till today glo internet network is still congested.
Fact. Chief Adenuga is using glo network to scam Nigerians and laundry questionable.funds

Perhaps the man is too rich to have time for glo when he has others source of wealth like oil well in the Niger delta. The oil business comes first for people like him and they offer crappy service to Nigerians because we have irresponsible leaders. This kind of poor Internet and voice services glo offers can make them loose their license in saner climes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest!!!.....whatsapp Stops Operation On Some Phones Today / Glo Is Giving Out Free Data To Its Subscribers For 7 Days / Utilising The Invert Colors On Your TECNO Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.