Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise (2548 Views)

Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar / Tips For Rainy Season Driving, Visibility And Defogging The Windscreen / Beetle Bug What Is The Major Problem Of This Car Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2016
Am pained this morning. I was cleaning the interior of my car this morning and on wiping the dashboard with my towel, suddenly my head slightly hit the inner rear mirror which is attached to the windscreen and what I saw next was baffling. From the base where the mirror is attached, the glass(windscreen) got badly cracked, forming a star like crack to the windscreen. What baffled me is the fact that the contact my head had with the mirror was not even hard; I did not feel any pain to warrant such a devastating cracks on the windscreen. Honestly am at a loss how a mere and slight contact with that mirror would cause such a damage to the windscreen. Could it be that the windscreen had expired, if there is anything like that? Or what really went wrong?

Gurus in the house, What do I do now? What is the cost of a new windscreen for Nissan Primera? What do I do in the interim pending when am ready financially to buy a new replacement?

Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by sseunth(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2016
this is the law of expansion and contrastion.....early in the glass would contrast...i mean kinda reduce in size so any force applied on it will wanna force it bk to its normal size causing cracks or brking
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by ukata16(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2016
Sorry Bro
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2016
ukata16:
Sorry Bro
Thanks bro
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2016
sseunth:
this is the law of expansion and contrastion.....early in the glass would contrast...i mean kinda reduce in size so any force applied on it will wanna force it bk to its normal size causing cracks or brking
Come clearer, pls
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by sseunth(m): 11:32am On May 25, 2016
nickxtra:
Come clearer, pls
glass tends to brk easily when the weather is cold or hot.....early in the morning, the particles glass will shrink...so if u apply a force on it....they will wannna sperate and thats what i think can cause the crack.....
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by Lexusgs430: 12:34pm On May 25, 2016
nickxtra:
Am pained this morning. I was cleaning the interior of my car this morning and on wiping the dashboard with my towel, suddenly my head slightly hit the inner rear mirror which is attached to the windscreen and what I saw next was baffling. From the base where the mirror is attached, the glass(windscreen) got badly cracked, forming a star like crack to the windscreen. What baffled me is the fact that the contact my head had with the mirror was not even hard; I did not feel any pain to warrant such a devastating cracks on the windscreen. Honestly am at a loss how a mere and slight contact with that mirror would cause such a damage to the windscreen. Could it be that the windscreen had expired, if there is anything like that? Or what really went wrong?

Gurus in the house, What do I do now? What is the cost of a new windscreen for Nissan Primera? What do I do in the interim pending when am ready financially to buy a new replacement?

What you do in the interim is, ensure you do not always wind your glass to the highest level, to allow free flow of air.
The crack would keep expanding, so budget for a replacement more sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2016
sseunth:
glass tends to brk easily when the weather is cold or hot.....early in the morning, the particles glass will shrink...so if u apply a force on it....they will wannna sperate and thats what i think can cause the crack.....
Thanks
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 2:42pm On May 25, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What you do in the interim is, ensure you do not always wind your glass to the highest level, to allow free flow of air.
The crack would keep expanding, so budget for a replacement more sooner than later.
ok, thanks
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by adanny01(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2016
Find people who work on glass to stop it from spreading. Avoid parking in the sun before you do.
This crack has so many tentacles that can spread like wild fire.

Mine started with a tiny dot at the edge of the wind screen when a chip of sharp sand fell from a tipper i was driving behind.

I will be driving and i would hear another crack till it progressed to the center before i had to stop it.

Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2016
nickxtra:

what vehicle is it?
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:51pm On May 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

what vehicle is it?
Nissan Primera salon (competence).
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2016
adanny01:
Find people who work on glass to stop it from spreading. Avoid parking in the sun before you do.
This crack has so many tentacles that can spread like wild fire.

Mine started with a tiny dot at the edge of the wind screen when a chip of sharp sand fell from a tipper i was driving behind.

I will be driving and i would hear another crack till it progressed to the center before i had to stop it.
Ok, thanks
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2016
nickxtra:
Nissan Primera salon (competence).

your location? And a pic of the vehicle?
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by Nobody: 5:20am On May 26, 2016
Chai! Every Naija car has a Nickname, which one is 'competence' again? Lol
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2016
Bossforeva:
Chai! Every Naija car has a Nickname, which one is 'competence' again? Lol
Competence is the name or nickname given to it by its manufacturers, Nissan Europe
Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by princemillla(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2016
My 2 naira advice to u most especially during this hard time, avoid road safety corps. Otherwise u will start daily thrift minimum of 3 to 5k per day.
All the best

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your location? And a pic of the vehicle?
Am in Abuja. Pix of the car attached.. Sorry for responding late

Re: See What Happened To The Front Windscreen Of My Car. Pls Advise by ataspray(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
nickxtra:
the original coconut head grin

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Car Won't Move / Help, My Radiator Uses Water Almost Everday / Your Steering Shakes On High Speed? This Might Help You Fix It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.