Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting (16208 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / Disadvantage Of Rooting Your Android Smartphone / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by patmegame: 10:11am On May 25, 2016
Please help what are my benefit of rooting my android phone and what are my disadvantage
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by osenbarak: 12:05pm On May 25, 2016
I think the only disadvantage is u will lose ur warranty and ur phone May be bricked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by oluwaskulboy(m): 8:48pm On May 25, 2016
Android rooting: the ultimate guide
In the land of Android, rooting is the national sport. It brings people together, is sometimes challenging but always rewarding. If you’re yet to be initiated into the world of Android root, sit back while we explain the pros and cons of rooting an Android device, how to do it for each smartphone manufacturer and how to tell whether your phone is rooted.
http://techzone.com.ng/2016/01/10/android-rooting-the-ultimate-guide/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by patmegame: 10:05pm On May 25, 2016
Thanks
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 2:18am On May 26, 2016
osenbarak is right
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by adebayolukmon(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2016
b
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 7:03am On May 26, 2016
wink
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Harmored(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2016
shocked
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by skillet(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2016
Team blackberry. Android illiterate.

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 7:05am On May 26, 2016
Kk
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by StepTwo: 7:07am On May 26, 2016
I have been able to uninstall all useless factory installed apps eating up my memory space.

I think this is the only useful thing from rooting for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Mckandre(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2016
Osenbarak. Has answered u perfectly. modes can close the thread now .
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by olamirewaju6190: 7:12am On May 26, 2016
one of the advantages is that you have a complete control over ur phone and disadvantages there is dat ur phone has a High risk of crashing which is unrepairable

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by elfico(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2016
Advantages:
-you have more control over your phone.
-you get to install some apps that only worked on rooted phones.
-you can delete useless and junk preinstalled apps
-you can flash a new rom or upgrade to a newer version of android if you provider does not provide an upgrade.
-you can have more features on your phone by using apps like xposed installer.

Disadvantages
-you lose your warranty. Though u can get it back by unrooting
-you might brick your phone.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2016
I want to root my infinix hot 3. Please how can I do that
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by drthiery(m): 7:13am On May 26, 2016
La root la phone spoil ....... OYO(on your own)

La no root la phone spoil... Company takes care under warranty

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2016
smiley
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Mckandre(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2016
elfico:
Advantages:
-you have more control over your phone.
-you get to install some apps that only worked on rooted phones.
-you can delete useless and junk preinstalled apps
-you can flash a new rom or upgrade to a newer version of android if you provider does not provide an upgrade.

Disadvantages
-you lose your warranty. Though u can get it back by unrooting
-you might brick your phone.
he said disadvantages, why u too like to dey speak too much drama,re u a blogger?
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by nonstan(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2016
olamirewaju6190:
one of the advantages is that you have a complete control over ur phone and disadvantages there is dat ur phone has a High risk of crashing which is unrepairable

It is repairable..its what i do..pls bring any bricked phone for revival

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by elfico(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
he said disadvantages, why u come dey speak too much drama?
he actually said benefits and disadvantages. Read am again.

18 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by khalhokage(m): 7:17am On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
he said disadvantages, why u too like to dey speak too much drama,re u a blogger?

He answered the question, wetin be your own?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Generalmac(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2016
Rooting - you gain full access to your phone, you can even increase your phone's volume over its normal settings.
Disadvantages include, you're phone may be bricked, though the chances are low if you're well experienced, also you get to void the warranty.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Mckandre(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2016
elfico:
he actually said benefits and disadvantages. Read am again.
ok, I guess he modified it grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by hollypons(f): 7:20am On May 26, 2016
Too numerous to mention
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Rilwayne001: 7:22am On May 26, 2016
skillet:
Team blackberry. Android illiterate.

You obviously are the illiterate here undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by KINGwax007(m): 7:23am On May 26, 2016
What can I say? U just have to root your Android if you're an app freak or else u're limited!

But rooting inappropriately may brick your phone (that is not an issue, mine has been bricked several times, but with SP flash tools and my stockrom already backed up with mtk droid tools, I can brick and unbrick as I want). The next disadvantage is that you lose your warranty. But what's there to lose when you can unroot smoothly with kingroot?

cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Nobody: 7:27am On May 26, 2016
rooting makes ur phone delicious.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by skillet(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2016
Rilwayne001:

That's what I said, but since you can't read properly, I might have to revise my thoughts.

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Femich18(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2016
StepTwo:
I have been able to uninstall all useless factory installed apps eating up my memory space.

I think this is the only useful thing from rooting for me.

How did you do it pls?
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Netfad(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lolz

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Odunharry(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
You will brick ur Fone if you try updating...
To avoid this, u have to first unroot it

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria National Anthem Ringtone / Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Officially Launched - Full Specification And Price / How To Install Any Version Of Windows On Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.