Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. (28812 Views)

The Complete List Of Courses And Best University To Study The Course In Nigeria / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 10:55am On May 25, 2016
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2016
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Lalasticlala he needs more helpful suggestions

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Peterlawyer(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2016
guy better study what is given to u how are u sure that ur will pass jamb next year talk more of getting admission

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by deebsman1(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2016
From personal experience, pls re-write d jamb but hold on to what u have on hand for now.

But studying a course u don't like could b disastrous in d long run sha

Its a 2 ways thing, it could turn right or wrong

I have a friend that luv to study medicine then but was giving physics and did physics but today cashing big money thru dat and I personally wanting computer science but giving mathematics, my man I didn't thrive studying d maths until I changed ova to ma heart desire computer science.

Best of luck

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 25, 2016
Your case is similar to my own, I applied for political science, imsu gave me education economics, I was so disappointed the day I saw my admission letter(my dad was happy though cos he sees political science as a pure waste of time in the university) I made up my mind to study it and change to political science in my 200L but when I entered 200L I didn't want to change the course again cos finally I end up loving the course, I advise you to study this course for a year and see if you will like to continue with it or not.

NB: Nigeria doesn't give damn about what you studied, just get the damn certificate. cheesy

54 Likes 2 Shares

If you think you can excel in pharmacy, go for it because pharmacy nor be "child's play" o. If not stick to fishery and excel.

1 Like 1 Share

Just work hard bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

1) The thing is, if you don't like the course you are studying, it'd be difficult for you to make a good CGPA to even enable you to cross.

2) Crossing from one department to another is not usually a smooth ride in Nigerian universities and you might require a certain amount of influence which you might not have.

3) Long and short of everything is that you are never too old to study anything that'd make you happy and feel fulfilled.

4) So if it's Pharmacy you really want, get a UTME form, try to find out a school that respects merit (I'd recommend Unilag, UI, and OAU) prepare hard for it and put in your best.

5) Life is too short for you to spend it doing something you really don't wanna do.

Cheers man!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Seeeeeeee: 1:18pm On May 25, 2016
Boy i will rather keep mute as regard's your topic because if i tell you the truth it might be disasterous to you.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by KingPharaoh(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2016
Change before the course becomes a curse

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 25, 2016
Take Jamb again next year for pharmacy.. but NOTE; Give the fishery or whatever you are studying now all it takes and put in all your best for the little time you will be studying it.. who knows,you might end up liking the course and decide not to study pharmacy again (you never can tell). And on the other hand, it will shape you for the future if you eventually gain admission to study pharmacy.
#TheOracleHasSpoken

4 Likes

Take another jamb and still continue with ur course, after all, a bird at hand is worth 500 u can't even see. But fishery is not a bad course my dear, with the present economic challenges facing Nigeria u had get a better stand than others. If u can, please continue with ur fishery course, u might end up becoming the minister of Agriculture tomorrow.

By next yr you're 22, and no guarantee that the pharmacy is urs. Keep calm, concentrate in ur course of study and take the jamb as alternative B which is just 10% stake. Goodluck!

6 Likes 1 Share

Write another Jamb, pursue ur dreams like masquerade dey pursue u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Job never guarantee o, abeg study fishery for now, then you can go back to pharmacy

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by kushb: 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Suigeneris93:
It depends on your school or department, you can study Fisheries for one year, get really good grades and switch to Pharmacy in 200 level instead of writing another Jamb which you're not sure of getting the admission. I did it and it worked for me

Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Lalasticlala he needs more helpful suggestions

The best advice,nothing more,nothing less

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Yeecar(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Bros! With fisheries you have an opportunity of becoming an employer of labour, agric is the main thing....
But if you are insisting on studying pharmacy i will advice that you graduate with a good grade in Fisheries, then proceed to do PGD and MSC in your prefered field.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by KingPharaoh(m): 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
Change the course before it becomes a curse

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by henrydadon(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2016
This remind me of one of craze clown joke.."so u went to school to study agriculture"
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by free2ryhme: 1:21pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:
good morning friends.. I need your advice. am a 100lv student studying fisheries after searching for admission for 3yrs... but I still want to write jamb next year to study pharmacy. what do you think? I should continue with the fisheries or I should take another jamb for pharmacy which I love so much. am 21years old.

guy DO wetin dey your mind

you dont need our opinion just as it was when you bought the jamb form and filled it online

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by teemoderate(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2016
Bro, keep on with the course you're doing, but don't stop processing admission if you find no passion in your current course, start preparing for the next year Utme now so as to have high chance of getting admission
Follow your instinct, you know what's good for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by KingPharaoh(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2016
Vickyydera:
k

K for kuli kuli, right?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by ifycent2: 1:22pm On May 25, 2016
fisheries........ me don't like fisheries as a course self....
plz dont waste your parents or ur uncle money. study the course in your mind.....

1 Like

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Hysmady(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2016
OYO...It may be thru that fishery you r tryna shun you may gain ur wealth...Road to success sometimes is like a mirage

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by mondob2k(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2016
Bros jus continue you hear...

Recently we had this vacancy for graduates for fish marketing or so. The job might jus be there waiting for you..

No worry, you go like the money wey d course go fetch you.
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by sirjakez(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2016
Work very hard, den wen u get to 200l, u can apply for change of course... all u need to do is to get a good grade in 100l and u can also apply for jamb too, dats if ur not too sure of urself... Goodluck
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Ronaldinnioh(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2016
My dear all these change of course does not work most times even if you have best CGPA.....but how long your leg is.
What one needs is just buy another Jamb form and prepare for another Jamb. Delet the course from your mind and have a high hope that you will pass your Jamb and get your heart desired course.

In 2011 I was given Veterinary Medicine instead of Human medicine in UNN. I wrote jamb and deleted my mind from the course and whatever the outcome might be,even if I fail my Jamb or they cease my result, I will not be sad, since I have made up my mind never to do that course in my life. I was reading and my course mate were always discouraging me from taking another course(because most of us were in the same shoe as those who got the course through supplementary list and we are wounded doctors then and shows me the importance of the Veterinary medicine. Am not saying is a bad course or I can't be rich but that is not my heart desired course.

I wrote Jamb and I went for UI interview and I was admitted to Study Medicine and Surgery which was my heart desired course.

Pls never let your course mates/ room mates not know about your intention because they can never encourage you. Some will tell you that your Jamb will be ceased

Others will say how can you begin 100level all over again.

Some will say you are wasting money

Others will say how old are you that it is not what you studied that gives you work in future

Most importantly know that you alone will suffer the consequences of your actions in choosing your career. Make a wise decision now. Nobody will bear your cross not even YOUR Parents or Siblings.

15 Likes

Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by bebe2(f): 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:

U shud Ave used that time go get a vocation.

Tailoring, beauty, carpentry etc.

How did u decide on fishery?

Na wa oo
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by GLOBALINF: 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
EmpresFIDEL:

Just come and study in cyprus. It's cheap, you don't need any f**king Jamb... angry
Check my signature
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
who pharmacy elp ?
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by peculyachi(f): 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
register and write another jamb, and at the same time work hard to get good grades, you might be allowed to switch. do not put ur eggs in one basket....but if none works, u can complete d one you studying and go back for pharmacy....you still young....i honestly understand how fustrating it can be studying a course u had no interest in....but even though its far from what you want...give it ur best...
Re: I Don't Like The Course Am Studying. by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
no time to waste time bro, what you study in sch doesn't count these days.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Right Answer? (Photo) / University Of Cape Town On Fire (Photos) / Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.