Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Are There Still Governors In These States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Still Governors In These States? (4231 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ten Most Popular Governors In Nigeria 2016 - T.I.N Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 25, 2016
Gov Rauf Aregbesola has been heavily criticised concerning payment of workers salary in recent times, but that seem to be the only criticism I hear about him. These days, I still see news of him commissioning projects in Osun state.

Gov Ayodele Fayose seems to be the most vocal of all governors in Nigeria. Though I haven't seen a project commissioned by him other than a borehole and streetlights, he still makes Nigerians remember Ekiti state.

There are some governors who make it seem like their states aren't governed by anybody at all. I hardly hear news of any sort from their states. Could it be that we don't hear from them cos there is nothing in terms of development to show? Below are some of them.

Ebonyi
Oyo
Delta
Enugu
Jigawa
Benue
Sokoto

etc

4 Likes

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by cindybella101(f): 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
Remove Ebonyi from the list

The governor there is working just that he has poor media exposure

In Enugu the governor there is just an overfed potbellied man that knows nothing about governance apart from putting billboard containing his pictures all around Enugu.

Benue state Governor (ortom) just rode on the influence of APC to become a governor, his only achievement since he became governor is going to China to celebrate his birthday. This Benue state might be a failed state unless its divided into two or at most three states so that dividends of democracy can reach all the people of the state. The only developed place there is makurdi and when I mean makurdi I mean only the government house.

Can't say about other states though

What about states like kebbi, jigawa, bauchi, katstina e.t.c we don't really hear much about them.

14 Likes

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 25, 2016
Is there a president in nigeria? yes! but the dullard is dormant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Peterlawyer(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2016
Benue state since to woresen since I was born
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:26pm On May 25, 2016
cindybella101:

Babe, what's up? I love your @dp. .I'm sure Caseless, Omenka and TonyeBarcanista would love it as well. smiley cool
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:27pm On May 25, 2016
BeastAmbition:
Is there a president in nigeria? yes! but the dullard is dormant.

Look at this illiterate calling his superior a dullard!

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Look at this illiterate calling his superior a dullard!

Superior in what sense? because he is opportuned to be the president. You can see him as being superior to you since you've got no self-esteem.
Superior my ass!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by mtchris(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
@OP... Abeg comot Enugu from that list. Come to Nsukka and see things for yourself. Most our governor make noise before you know he's working?

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Dreal11247: 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
Austerity measures has silenced some of the Governors.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 12:41pm On May 25, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Superior in what sense? because he is oppotuned to be the president. You can see him as being superior to you since you've got no self-esteem.
Superior my ass!

Shut that trap up! You hide behind keyboard to spew gibberish. It ain't your fault though.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by cindybella101(f): 12:41pm On May 25, 2016
Omenka ?? shocked

*runs away*

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 25, 2016
mtchris:
@OP... Abeg comot Enugu from that list. Come to Nsukka and see things for yourself. Most our governor make noise before you know he's working?
Dont just come here to tell us "he is working" without showing us pictures of his works or telling us about them.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 25, 2016
cindybella101:

In Enugu the governor there is just an overfed potbellied man that knows nothing about governance apart from putting billboard containing his pictures all around Enugu.

Benue state Governor (ortom) just rode on the influence of APC to become a governor, his only achievement since he became governor is going to China to celebrate his birthday. This Benue state might be a failed state unless its divided into two or at most three states so that dividends of democracy can reach all the people of the state. The only developed place there is makurdi and when I mean makurdi I mean only the government house.

Can't say about other states though

What about states like kebbi, jigawa, bauchi, katstina e.t.c we don't really hear much about them.

pls, what projects has the governor of Ebonyi embarked on or commissioned recently?
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 25, 2016
Delta state is in the hands of fund embezzlers
And Delta state is still under the control of James ibori even though he is in prison.

Emmanuel uduaghan stole Delta state money to build hospital in China Now senetor Ifeanyi okowa is covering up his atrocities because they are all james ibori game plan .

Delta state is fantastically corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Shut that trap up! You hide behind keyboard to spew gibberish. It ain't your fault though.

No need to exchange much word with an embittered person like you, what i know is that the boori that cried like a hungry baby in 2011 gubernetorial election after he lost, is not the right man to be at the top of affairs in this country, has everything is dwindling from grace to grass under him.
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by mtchris(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Dont just come here to tell us "he is working" without showing us pictures of his works or telling us about them.
You want pics? Lol, smh. Well, i blame the media for this
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 25, 2016
mtchris:
You want pics? Lol, smh. Well, i blame the media for this
sane governors involve the media in their projects cos there's no way investors, especially foreign ones, will find that states viable if they don't perceive infrastructural development in the state.

These days, state governments now have twitter and facebook handles with which they showcase their commissioned projects for their state citizens home and abroad to see. The media and bloggers latch on this and broadcast it to a broader populace. Some media outlets don't even wait for the government to contact them before bringing news of the development to the public.

So, I think the fact that we don't see such from most of these states simply depicts the fact that they are lagging behind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 1:10pm On May 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are you leaving our Donphilopus Tomakint Truckpusher After1

She's hawt.... grin
He's around already. cheesy Who no like better thing?
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by cindybella101(f): 1:50pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
pls, what projects has the governor of Ebonyi embarked on or commissioned recently?
The man is doing well in the area of road construction
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2016
Some governors only show after four years to campaign after that they go back to ghostmood
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Caseless: 1:56pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Babe, what's up? I love your @dp. .I'm sure Caseless, Omenka and TonyeBarcanista would love it as well. smiley cool
*rushes into thread, clicks her profile to assess*

That babe no bitter at all . *checks her legs again*

#TeamAPCwomanizersWing
#TeamNairalandDPcheckers
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Caseless: 1:57pm On May 25, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

He's around already. cheesy Who no like better thing?
grin grin grin grin

I just know say na you. Donphi, how far?
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by AntidaftMOD: 2:11pm On May 25, 2016
Caseless:
grin grin grin grin
I just know say na you. Donphi, how far?
Oga boss, ah dey ooo
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by hysteriabox(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Gov Rauf Aregbesola has been heavily criticised concerning payment of workers salary in recent times, but that seem to be the only criticism I hear about him. These days, I still see news of him commissioning projects in Osun state.

Gov Ayodele Fayose seems to be the most vocal of all governors in Nigeria. Though I haven't seen a project commissioned by him other than a borehole and streetlights, he still makes Nigerians remember Ekiti state.

There are some governors who make it seem like their states aren't governed by anybody at all. I hardly hear news of any sort from their states. Could it be that we don't hear from them cos there is nothing in terms of development to show? Below are some of them.

Ebonyi
Oyo
Delta
Enugu
Jigawa
Benue
Sokoto

etc

jigawa...we made a big blunder. This Badaru guy doesnt even exist. He is always in China handling his shipping business. One time, he applied for 6 months leave... the legacies of Lamido will spit this guy to his grave. All we hear is what he plans to do...

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
hysteriabox:

jigawa...we made a big blunder. This Badaru guy doesnt even exist. He is always in China handling his shipping business. One time, he applied for 6 months leave... the legacies of Lamido will spit this guy to his grave. All we hear is what he plans to do...
Baba Fear God...A sitting Governor applied for 6Months leave(One hundred and eighty days)....And u think he will ever come back to that sit for this Nigeria....Impossible is an understatement sir...

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by dahvi: 3:33pm On May 25, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Delta state is in the hands of fund embezzlers
And Delta state is still under the control of James ibori even though he is in prison.

Emmanuel uduaghan stole Delta state money to build hospital in China Now senetor Ifeanyi okowa is covering up his atrocities because they are all james ibori game plan .

Delta state is fantastically corrupt

I tell you,the state lacks good governance
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by mikolo80: 3:59pm On May 25, 2016
oyo state gwamna don win second term.
no more ambition.
but he di some nice roads in his first term though.
but na looting galore now
and benue is so unlucky with their choice of politicians.
if i get my hands on that state na to jus de share tractor for farmers and invest in fruit processing and transport company
over hammer go worry me
anyway kwara na kuma part of middle belt
will soon takeover
Re: Are There Still Governors In These States? by hysteriabox(m): 4:16pm On May 25, 2016
olatunji21:

Baba Fear God...A sitting Governor applied for 6Months leave(One hundred and eighty days)....And u think he will ever come back to that sit for this Nigeria....Impossible is an understatement sir...

i dint say he was granted d leave. D house refused and instead gave him 3 weeks. As we speak, his deputy is d one running things. Wetin concine me with spreading lies. U can inquire. No be everybody dey 'unfear' God around here
when d news leaked in d city, he came under serious heat. APC had to do damage control by denying it and urging him to quickly come back( he was away for like 2 weeks at d time). Please enquire ko b4 calling ppl liars
plus...its democracy not military rule nor monarchy. Y should he fear being taken down when he travels

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Operation 'Egwu Eke 2' Time For The Biafran Secret Service To Act! / FG confirms removal of Bsc/HND dichotomy; communicates State HoS / Sango Walks Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.